Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port want to bring back teh bars. Must have won a couple games. Stella got her groove back.

Trashing their AFL heritage once again.

They want to celebrate their rivalry with us? Fine. Wear the original Port Power guernsey.

What’s this about ?
There was some story about two or three St Kilda players having an altercation at a pub

St Kilda has rejected claims stars Paddy Ryder and Bradley Hill were dropped last week due to an altercation at a bar in Melbourne’s south.

The club has confirmed a trio of players - Ryder, Hill and a third, unnammed teammate - were involved in a “verbal exchange and disagreement with fellow patrons”, the Saturday after the Round 14 loss to Essendon.

However “reports this evening stating that Paddy Ryder and Bradley Hill were not part of the Saints’ Round 15 team due to disciplinary reasons are incorrect,” the club said in a statement.

The incident was first reported on by radio station SEN in WA.

Ryder was managed for the game and Hill was listed as out due to personal reasons, their absences keenly felt as the Saints slumped to a third consecutive loss.

Fascinating Tribunal night looms for Tom Stewart, he is facing a minimum of 3 and as much as 5 games a possibility.

Cats are hoping that his good record and character over his career is taken into consideration.

How many games is that?

119 of course. :$

gotcha-wink.gif

Fascinating Tribunal night looms for Tom Stewart, he is facing a minimum of 3 and as much as 5 games a possibility.

Cats are hoping that his good record and character over his career is taken into consideration.

How many games is that?

119 of course. :$

gotcha-wink.gif
Hopefully he gets 4.

Flatterns the track a bit for Port in their quest for Finals, and Ken's auto extension.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s fascinating about this North Melbourne review, is apparently they had a Zoom thing where they told the fans Noble was the man for the job.

Now they’re bringing in someone who’s going to line him up like Sanders on Jenny in a thread about Steven Trigg.

I just find it fascinating what we’re dealing with now.

You’ve got a club selling bullshit to its members, and then bringing in an outside consultant so they can wash their hands of any hard decisions he ultimately recommends.

You really do have to ask yourself why you are giving your hard earned to any football club in this day and age.

They have just all become the most spineless, contemptible organizations.

The AFL is finally responding to the issue of players exploiting the protected zone after a mark or free kick.

AFL cracks down on 'exploitation' of protected area rule

About time too. I'm fed up with players deliberately dragging their opponent into the zone to try and milk a 50m penalty. Port do it more than anyone.

The AFL is finally responding to the issue of players exploiting the protected zone after a mark or free kick.

AFL cracks down on 'exploitation' of protected area rule

About time too. I'm fed up with players deliberately dragging their opponent into the zone to try and milk a 50m penalty. Port do it more than anyone.
So what happens when the players split and go either side of the kicker, and the opposition player cuts back between the guy standing the mark and the kicker, to stay with the player that led him through?

Will they still pay the 50 for running between the kicker and the player standing the mark?

So what happens when the players split and go either side of the kicker, and the opposition player cuts back between the guy standing the mark and the kicker, to stay with the player that led him through?

Will they still pay the 50 for running between the kicker and the player standing the mark?
Hopefully once they split the player is unable to receive a h/ball to play on if so recall the ball

The article clearly details that the defender after splitting will need to make immediate effort to leave the protected zone. So yes, running through the mark would be a 50 as it would be in the opposite direction of leaving the protected zone.

The article clearly details that the defender after splitting will need to make immediate effort to leave the protected zone. So yes, running through the mark would be a 50 as it would be in the opposite direction of leaving the protected zone.
To me that defeats the purpose of ‘punishing’ the player that tries to exploit the rule, if the chaser isn’t allowed to immediately re-engage by cutting back through the mark and the kicker. However, I agree the player shouldn’t be allowed to cut back through the mark under normal circumstances.

But if a player wants to play smart arse and try to draw the free by running close to his own kicker then I don’t mind if the rule is relaxed and allows the cut through for the chaser - serves the smart arse right if it holds up the kicker. It’s like diving for a free.

Dew is lucky to get an extension in my opinion. I get team has improved but they still look like missing the top 8 which is significant given their talent. Says alot about the clubs expectations.

Dew gave them the ultimatum " give me a new contract or you have to carry me out of here"

Must have been a ******* easy decision

Port kissed on the dick again, Stewart to miss the Cats game at AO v Port, with a 4 week ban.

Shapes as a massive game for the neighbours to make the 8.

I hope they make the 8. I hope they win up until semis or prelims. They will then have to figure out how to rebuild with s**t draft picks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back