Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port kissed on the dick again, Stewart to miss the Cats game at AO v Port, with a 4 week ban.

Shapes as a massive game for the neighbours to make the 8.

And if Port make the 8 they would have overcome a 0-5 start. Only other team I can remember was Sydney in 2017 who started 0-6 before winning 14 of 16 to make the 8. They then made it to the semi final before Geelong gave them an absolute belting.

As the young people would say - I can't even...

How do you get to be President of an AFL club with that level of stupidity?
It would appear you need to be a certain type to be a Collingwood president... & Browne & McGuire are good mates.

And if Port make the 8 they would have overcome a 0-5 start. Only other team I can remember was Sydney in 2017 who started 0-6 before winning 14 of 16 to make the 8. They then made it to the semi final before Geelong gave them an absolute belting.
Imo, Port are not making the finals.

What’s fascinating about this North Melbourne review, is apparently they had a Zoom thing where they told the fans Noble was the man for the job.

Now they’re bringing in someone who’s going to line him up like Sanders on Jenny in a thread about Steven Trigg.

I just find it fascinating what we’re dealing with now.

You’ve got a club selling bullshit to its members, and then bringing in an outside consultant so they can wash their hands of any hard decisions he ultimately recommends.

You really do have to ask yourself why you are giving your hard earned to any football club in this day and age.

They have just all become the most spineless, contemptible organizations.

Outside consultant is a stretch. Isn't it their ex CEO (or president)? which is not really independent. Like if we brought Trigg in for ours.

Outside consultant is a stretch. Isn't it their ex CEO (or president)? which is not really independent. Like if we brought Trigg in for ours.
Post reported for even joking about such a thing.

To me that defeats the purpose of ‘punishing’ the player that tries to exploit the rule, if the chaser isn’t allowed to immediately re-engage by cutting back through the mark and the kicker. However, I agree the player shouldn’t be allowed to cut back through the mark under normal circumstances.

But if a player wants to play smart arse and try to draw the free by running close to his own kicker then I don’t mind if the rule is relaxed and allows the cut through for the chaser - serves the smart arse right if it holds up the kicker. It’s like diving for a free.
I'd go as far as saying that if a team mate of the kicker intentionally goes into the protected zone, the protected zone is eliminated, or, it's play on.

While we are at it, lose the stand rule, most clubs are moving away from standing the mark because the umpires aren't calling play on fast enough, so they're standing 5m back and doing exactly what they were doing before the rule came in anyway.

Imo, Port are not making the finals.

Being optimistic, I have them with 3 more wins, Giants, Dons and Crows, and tbh none of those are locks by any stretch of the imagination.

Assuming you need 11 or 12 wins, even 13 according to squiggle, they will need to find another 2-3 wins from beating:

Freo, Dees (both away), Cats (home) Pies (away) Tigers (at home), need to go 2-3 from these 5 games. They may snag one or two from here, 3 is pushing it.

Falling into 8th spot potentially would see them playing Freo or Blues away in Week 1 of the Finals.

Of course a lot to play out, lots of permutations possible at this stage.

I mean theoretically, we can still make the finals. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single Port poster wants Port to make the 8. If they say otherwise they’re lying.
They have the misguided belief that if they make the 8, "anything" can happen.

Aside from the Crows playing 5 consecutive away games in 1998 (incl final H&A game) and the Dogs with fortuitous advantage of playing some of their finals including the grand final in their home state, no team has made it to the Grand Final from an elimination final and won the flag.

They have the misguided belief that if they make the 8, "anything" can happen.

Aside from the Crows playing 5 consecutive away games in 1998 (incl final H&A game) and the Dogs with fortuitous advantage of playing some of their finals including the grand final in their home state, no team has made it to the Grand Final from an elimination final and won the flag.

Go there hardest I say lol. More amusing when they fail and realise they were never in with a genuine chance and they need a rebuild.

I can't see Port making finals. The way I see it, unless theh fall in complete hole before then I think Hinkleys future will be decided against us in round 23.

If they beat us fairly comfortably then he will stay on but if we somehow steal a win then I think he will be gone.

As the young people would say - I can't even...

How do you get to be President of an AFL club with that level of stupidity?
I like that at least he has insight to know after the Bali thing it was a bit iffy.

The much worse thing in NY that was the basis of the comment... Not a problem.

Back in Adelaide for the first time in about 10 years and looking at going to my first Adelaide Oval game and taking an American with me. $80 for a nose bleed seat in a dead rubber? Has it always been this expensive? Is there an Australian equivalent of Stubhub for cheap resold tickets?

I remember being able to get GA on the day for $25. Does that still exist or was that only for Etihad/MCG?

Hell, I've paid $80 for incredible seats in NBA and MLB before... Seems extremely steep given that stadium wont be half full.

Back in Adelaide for the first time in about 10 years and looking at going to my first Adelaide Oval game and taking an American with me. $80 for a nose bleed seat in a dead rubber? Has it always been this expensive? Is there an Australian equivalent of Stubhub for cheap resold tickets?

I remember being able to get GA on the day for $25. Does that still exist or was that only for Etihad/MCG?

Hell, I've paid $80 for incredible seats in NBA and MLB before... Seems extremely steep given that stadium wont be half full.
Wow, given the low crowds thats nuts. I pay $550 for 11 games for great seats in the Eastern Stand. Where abouts are your seats?

Yeah they won't.

But if a miracle happens and it triggers an auto extension for Ken the melts on the Port Board would be epic.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ken is going absolutely nowhere.

Watch the Port spin closely. They have come out recently and made repeated statements about Ken and how he is great. They have confirmed he is staying. At the same time the prison bars debate miraculously re-emerges (for absolutely no reason give the showdown isn't until the end of the season). They use the prison bars as a rallying point for their supporters and to get them all back on board. It's a distraction they use to simply fool their supporters. And of course the dumb arses fall for it over and over again.

I used to be completely against them using the prison bars, but now I'm all for it. Let them use it whenever they want. Let them have it as their permanent guernsey. All it will do is make it a non-issue and take it away from them as a spin tactic. 2 years later, no-one will care about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back