Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuestar13 Some port posters thinking WCE pick 2 is needed for Georgiades to pry him away..a player that spent a bit of time in the 2's this year and was overlooked late in the season when Marshall was unavailable..can you give us all here your true feelings on whether pick 2 is reasonable for such a player:cool:
Maybe if Rozee was also added to the deal

Junior Rioli has informed the west coast eagles of his desire to be rich, biatch.
It's amusing that, in the AFL announcement, despite Rioli admitting it's for the money, they tried to make out it was for family connections!
Second, it's also slyly amusing that WC, while noting that he has requested a trade to Port, have said that they will be trying to secure the best deal for the club. There's a definite implication that they will be talking to the Crows. o_O

Shuestar13 Some port posters thinking WCE pick 2 is needed for Georgiades to pry him away..a player that spent a bit of time in the 2's this year and was overlooked late in the season when Marshall was unavailable..can you give us all here your true feelings on whether pick 2 is reasonable for such a player:cool:

So basically....

Dunkley is worth the Amon compensation pick (ie a 2nd round pick)
Georgiades is worth Pick 2

Peak #portlogic

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say the figure is 550k a year, it's still massive overs for a player with his checkered history.

A risk but probably best available in terms of upside. They feel - rightly or wrongly - they are close and when you are close you gotta have a crack

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So basically....

Dunkley is worth the Amon compensation pick (ie a 2nd round pick)
Georgiades is worth Pick 2

Peak #portlogic

WC have come out strong regarding Rioli, will they be asking for the Amon pick?

If they lose Amon and bring Rioli in, are they any better off?

I guess when the AFL have rustled up the necessary Club votes .....all very political ....as is the actual need for an AFL team in Tasmania, the new retirement village of Australia

Interesting fact ....how many other AFL clubs have required “guaranteed” Govt funding to get a Club off the ground ? ......all that is happening is we're creating yet another North Melbourne type Club

Elite sport should & is, about improving the spectacle and standard .....by only having the elite of that sport at the highest level ....the pyramid principle

The AFL continues to defy that principle, by adding more clubs (GWS, GC ect) and spreading the talent, ever thinner .....the AFL did the same with AFLW ....crazy stuff adding more clubs so quickly, already it's clear the the football public are laughing at the AFLW standard this year .....a situation created by the AFL for political appeasement

Not really. It’s about increasing cash generated and engagement.

Look at the small market teams in the NBA who are never really going to actually compete for a title - it always falls back to the east and West Coast and maybe one or two others in the middle. Most don’t even pretend they can win

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So Jackson has officially requested a trade back to WA. Just waiting for the media outrage........

Also...compare the pair:

Professional....

“There is no doubt that we wanted Luke to remain at the Demons, but we respect his decision to want to return home to Western Australia to be closer to his family and friends,” Melbourne list manager Tim Lamb said.

“We will now work to secure a deal that compensates the club accordingly.”

Amateur hour....

"There's a lot of very disappointed people up here and I know a lot of his teammates all feel that they are all in this together and felt that he was in this with them … money talks, huh,"

"I do [feel like he owed the club]. When you put the investment in with a young lad who is 18, he's unfortunately unfit to play in the first year, you give him a whole year to help get him right, you put a lot of work into him, turn him into an AFL footballer and great credit to Stuart Dew. Somebody else with a bigger wallet comes along and makes it pretty hard."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Clarko will give him another go at the Roos as apart from McKay, they struggle for key defenders.
Port should look at him, they believe wrongly that they are in some premiership window.

We all saw what happens when Aliir goes down.

Holy overpay

Rioli’s decision to depart the Eagles struck a cord with former Eagle Xavier Ellis who unleashed on the star forward.

“I’ll tell you what would make you comfortable – getting paid for two years when you’re banned for two years, that would make you pretty comfortable,” Ellis said on Triple M Radio.

“Not having to pay for your QC fees of your cases that you’ve had the last two years, to have them waived. That would make me feel a bit comfortable.

“Rioli, I think you owe West Coast.

“You might get a better deal at Port, but what West Coast’s done for you over the last three years – you’ve played in two victories in the last three years. I think he owes West Coast something.

“Not many players owe football clubs anything – it’s a business deal, it is literally: ‘shake hands, I perform a contract’ – it’s much deeper here.

“Of course was banned for two years, twice tampered with drug samples, pled guilty for drugs in an airport and has freely moved back and forth around WA back home more than any other player on the list the last few years as well.

“I think he owes it to West Coast to stick it out.”

Port should look at him, they believe wrongly that they are in some premiership window.

We all saw what happens when Aliir goes down.
They lack a decent lockdown key defender even when Aliir is playing as he is better off playing intercepting role.

Ah… I have nothing :$ What can one say to that level of… delusion.
We on the WCE board are now dreading the upcoming trade period with this Rioli news 🤣

So Robbo thinks Jackson, a premiership bigman .....is worth just pick #3 .....but a FP in Rankine, who really hasn't done anything to the level of Jackson, is worth pick #5 plus

View attachment 1507257

It’s good there are some other highly rated early draft picks leaving, now there are comparisons that can be made

Jarrod Berry gets off...beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back