Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, just remembered our attempt also involved taking a StK player to free up their cap space to then allow StK to make a bigger offer to Brouch so we didn't directly "sell" cap space for a pick but has the same effect, I think.
What St Kilda chose to do with that cap space should have been immaterial. The Saints wanted to trade Luke Dunstan, we made an offer to take him. The Saints ended up letting Dunstan leave as a FA the next year and Dunstan made it very clear the Saints had zero plans for him his last few years there.

McAdam deserved his suspension. But it's become obvious that the Crows erred in not having him testify. It was viewed as smart at the time (the risk of players saying something stupid/self-incriminating is high.) But as the season progressed it's become increasingly obvious that the tribunal are completely credulous idiots when it comes to player testimony.

Insanely selfish crap by NicNat.

One week ago he couldn’t admit his season was done, and prevented the Eagles from taking another Mid-Season pick.

McAdam deserved his suspension. But it's become obvious that the Crows erred in not having him testify. It was viewed as smart at the time (the risk of players saying something stupid/self-incriminating is high.) But as the season progressed it's become increasingly obvious that the tribunal are completely credulous idiots when it comes to player testimony.
McAdam doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would be comfortable with facing cross examination from the AFL's counsel?

Insanely selfish crap by NicNat.

One week ago he couldn’t admit his season was done, and prevented the Eagles from taking another Mid-Season pick.
With the state of their injury list and how bad it is, it would have been handy to get another fit player in, so makes it ever worse.

What St Kilda chose to do with that cap space should have been immaterial. The Saints wanted to trade Luke Dunstan, we made an offer to take him. The Saints ended up letting Dunstan leave as a FA the next year and Dunstan made it very clear the Saints had zero plans for him his last few years there.
Had our move came off and we got a tier 1 draft pick compo, we would have got pick 2 to go with our pick 1. That with the manipulative way we would have gone about it would have made peoples head explode.

kingsman-afl-gif.1518627

I suspect it went like this:

McAdam 2 weeks, but Crows tax so 3 weeks.

DeGoey 4 weeks, but Big Vic club discount + he has suffered enough from people commentating on it the poor sunflower, so 3 weeks.

nope, that's simply wrong. As I posted numerous times weeks ago and my learned colleague, jackster83, posted very recently, McAdam got extra purely for the boxingesque spray of sweat. Within seconds, the real decision maker had determined Shane's fate. "$hit, that's a bad look, did you see that sweat spray, looks like Rocky effing IV, don't care about anything else, he's gotta go".

nope, that's simply wrong. As I posted numerous times weeks ago and my learned colleague, jackster83, posted very recently, McAdam got extra purely for the boxingesque spray of sweat. Within seconds, the real decision maker had determined Shane's fate. "$hit, that's a bad look, did you see that sweat spray, looks like Rocky effing IV, don't care about anything else, he's gotta go".

True.

Utterly ridiculous that McAdam bodied a player holding the ball who was not concussed, whereas De Goey smashed a dude without the ball in the head and concussed him.

Yet both got 3 weeks.

It’s just not a level playing field.

and sadly .. that's about right

Interesting unpacking of kicking "efficiency" in the AFL and how efficiency isn't necessarily efficiency.

Some interesting stuff about the Crows and a few of our players in there too.

Interesting unpacking of kicking "efficiency" in the AFL and how efficiency isn't necessarily efficiency.

A genuinely good read.

From Crows perspective it reveals just how incredible our forward line is performing.
It shows that yes Dawson is an elite kick, that Brodie Smith's kicking is still above what is expected.

Most bizarrely it seems to show that Ben Keays (yes him) is a league leader when it comes to creating scores from his kicks compared to where he gets the kicks (I think I read that right). He gets the ball in dangerous spots and converts the kick into scoring opportunities.

Not what the eye says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A genuinely good read.

From Crows perspective it reveals just how incredible our forward line is performing.
It shows that yes Dawson is an elite kick, that Brodie Smith's kicking is still above what is expected.

Most bizarrely it seems to show that Ben Keays (yes him) is a league leader when it comes to creating scores from his kicks compared to where he gets the kicks (I think I read that right). He gets the ball in dangerous spots and converts the kick into scoring opportunities.

Not what the eye says.
Careful you'll give The Clam Man a coronary even suggesting Benny has one AFL top end attribute.

You missed about 5 pages of discussion on this in the Gold Coast autopsy thread.

Should Hawthorn be stripped of draft picks for the racism saga? I think they should, regardless of what Eddie McGuire thinks.

We had our first and second round picks in the 2012 and 2013 drafts stripped for doing something far, far less than what Hawthorn have done.

We cheated the cap and draft system

We didn’t get penalties for the Camp which was more in line with this - albeit we got smashed for years in the press and the Hawks have pretty well sailed through unscathed from a media perspective

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We cheated the cap and draft system

We didn’t get penalties for the Camp which was more in line with this - albeit we got smashed for years in the press and the Hawks have pretty well sailed through unscathed from a media perspective

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We did not cheat the cap. If Jenkins under-the-counter payments had been reported we would still have been under.
This has become folklore--that the AFC broke the cap.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A genuinely good read.

Not what the eye says.
I saw from the Twitter post someone ask about Keays

A "threat" is a kick in a scoring chain that leads to a goal. So at the time of them doing their modelling it looks like he had 63 kicks, which generated 33 "threats" by being involved in a scoring chain. So thats probably a credit to both Keays for getting involved and to the forwards who have been able to make scoring shots out of what they're given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back