Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great game of footy..

pies deserve to play in the GF.. been the best team for the majority of the year.

Giants have been great the last month or so though.. they’ll take this sting and use it to motivate them next year.

The Giants had more than their fair share of chances in that last quarter and just blazed away time after time into their forward 50 and turned it over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the umpires were as biased as suggested.

Yeah Greene didn't get a few high contacts. But he never does, not sure why.

DeGoey grounding the ball in a tackle.

Umpire telling Cox to go off and change jumper.

The 50 against Sidebottom, was like our Jones one against GC.

Jumping on ball, both teams doing it late to try and create stoppages.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Giants got dudded. High tackling now legal apparently

I think the umpire thought he lowered his knees, but he clearly side stepped to get around the tackle and a bent leg naturally occurs in that situation. Umpire got it wrong and this is what wrong with umpiring. They need to be publicly critiqued and sometimes blistered. They need to put pride into their reputations as umpires. Right now, they dont. There are several umpires that enjoy umpiring for affirmation. These umpires should be publicly humiliated. and dissected on footy shows for poor performances. Its a professional sport and if they want to earn the big bucks, they should earn the big bucks by coming under the same scrutiny as everyone else in the game.

Let me get this straight - In finals which are apparently AFL hosted and neutral other than location, we get both sets of team graphics on the electronic signage at the Gabba, but fireworks for the Pies winning at the MCG?

And this is meant to be considered a national competition.
So there wouldn’t have been fireworks if the giants won?

Jumping on ball, both teams doing it late to try and create stoppages.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No they weren't. GWS were trying to get it out. Why on earth do you think they were jumping on it. Collingwood literally spent 3 minutes doing what the afl dont want, diving on the contest. It was horrendous umpiring.

Let me get this straight - In finals which are apparently AFL hosted and neutral other than location, we get both sets of team graphics on the electronic signage at the Gabba, but fireworks for the Pies winning at the MCG?

And this is meant to be considered a national competition.

I thought it was the Grand Final that is just “neutral”. Everything else is fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back