Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I only watched the last qtr - the missed trip/legging of the Giant's player was by far the worst

I also had it on mute, so what happened with that 'out of bounds' ball that look like it pitched on the line? Did the field umpire over rule or was the boundry umpire late with their call?

Umpire blew the whistle for OOB when it wasn't, everyone confused so they just balled it up. I think.
Neither boundary umpire blew their whistle as the ball was still in. Field umpire decided to blow his whistle for a throw in.... then realised he ****ed up (and won't umpire the gf) and then balled it up. Very professional league.

Some of Richo's commentary last night was bizarre. When the umps missed that Giant's player being legged, he said something like "you aren't going to see many of those paid in a final like this" and it was Brayshaw saying it should have been paid. Then 5 minutes later when they missed a clear high tackle on a Giant's player, Richo said "you have to pay it if it's there, doesn't matter if it's a prelim".

Some of Richo's commentary last night was bizarre. When the umps missed that Giant's player being legged, he said something like "you aren't going to see many of those paid in a final like this" and it was Brayshaw saying it should have been paid. Then 5 minutes later when they missed a clear high tackle on a Giant's player, Richo said "you have to pay it if it's there, doesn't matter if it's a prelim".
Richo should return to the boundary as not smart enough for special comments.

Even Dangerfield would be a better option if they swapped them.

Channel 7 has so many poor commentators now that detract from the game.

There is too much focus on ex footballers.

Get good commentators, if they happened to have played AFL then that's a added benefit

There is too much focus on ex footballers.

Get good commentators, if they happened to have played AFL then that's a added benefit
It's a massive boys' club.

Ignoring Carey off field indiscretions, I enjoyed his comments, not so much commentary per se, just his insights and views.

Danger would be similar too, problem with Danger is that his ego bigger than even the game.

Richo comes across as that "slow kid" at school at times.

commentary should be left to commentators. people who have trained and put the time and work in for their craft. it shouldn't be used as a warm seat for whatever victorian footballer is 30 and above. to have someone on the boundary line offer nothing more than what we can see on tv should be an insult to proper commentators everywhere.

On the umpires, there was a clear free to GWS for a Collingwood player diving in at his opponents knees. Never heard anything on it.

This whole “put the whistles away” rubbish ruins finals for me. Collingwood just choked the life out of the game in the last quarter.

So Daniels last night was forced to take a concussion test early in the last quarter which meant he missed most of it but Weitering wasn't tested last week and then was ticked off for tonights game. Daicos unlikely to miss next week or be in any trouble for the tackle that lead to Daniels test either. Its so ******* clear there is a push for a Pies v Blues GF, not surpising from this shithole league. I don't envy what the Lions will be up against tonight or if they make it to next week.

On the umpires, there was a clear free to GWS for a Collingwood player diving in at his opponents knees. Never heard anything on it.

This whole “put the whistles away” rubbish ruins finals for me. Collingwood just choked the life out of the game in the last quarter.
I'd be fine with putting the whistles away if it were like that all year. It's the inconsistency that pisses me off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With McStay in doubt, could Big Bag Bustling Billy Frampton play in the GF?

This whole “put the whistles away” rubbish ruins finals for me.
It is infuriating, and made more so when ex player commentators call for it to happen. The rules don't change. This notion of not paying free's when they're there, because it's a final... why have any ****ing rules?

Do people really think the AFL would want a Collingwood/Carlton Grand Final? They would far prefer Brisbane as they would get a higher television audience with the Brisbane market involved. Much better than a 1 state GF.

So Daniels last night was forced to take a concussion test early in the last quarter which meant he missed most of it but Weitering wasn't tested last week and then was ticked off for tonights game. Daicos unlikely to miss next week or be in any trouble for the tackle that lead to Daniels test either. Its so ******* clear there is a push for a Pies v Blues GF, not surpising from this shithole league. I don't envy what the Lions will be up against tonight or if they make it to next week.

I think you'll find Kingsley said that before he knew the full story. The GWS doctor made the call to do the test after an initial assessment, not the medic in the ARC, and the Giants won't be making any complaint to the AFL. The doctor could have allowed him to go back onto the field but chose not to - it was his call.

Pendlebury had hold of the player's arm in the tackle so Daicos won't even be cited.

Sorry to spoil the conspiracy theory.

Fox Footy reporting Jarryd Lyons won B&F for Lions reserves.

Neither boundary umpire blew their whistle as the ball was still in. Field umpire decided to blow his whistle for a throw in.... then realised he ****ed up (and won't umpire the gf) and then balled it up. Very professional league.
I think the umpire thought it had gone out, but he couldn't hear the whistle. Given all the player stopped as well, you can see hwy he reacted that way.
He made a mistake. But he did the right thing in owning it and continuing from there.

Back