News Non-Crows AFLW 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Inside 50’s in the West Coast v Brisbane game:

West Coast: 0
Brisbane: 21

We’re halfway through the second quarter
This sort of thing will become more common when the last 4 teams are added (especially for the two Sydney sides)

Is it just me or does West Coast’s Indigenous guernsey scream, ‘Oh sh*t we better draw one up quickly to avoid another Pride Round farce’?
I'm pretty sure they said when the pride guernsey farce occurred, they said they'll be doing alternate designs each year
2022 - indigenous
2023 - pride
2024 - indigenous
2025 - pride
etc.

The top 6 is pretty much set.

Collingwood the only side at risk of dropping out of the 6.

They play Adelaide then Richmond. If they can't get over us you'd back them to beat Richmond who are 2-6. Interesting though, Richmond have scored more points for, than Collingwood.

If Collingwood beat us, they will be the only team playing finals that beat us during the minor round.

So they choose to focus on one - and do a half arsed job of it
I'd take this over a slight change on the regular guernsey

Collingwood's guernsey - Now that's half arsed.

It's insulting to West Coast to lump them in with that.

I'd take this over a slight change on the regular guernsey

Collingwood's guernsey - Now that's half arsed.

It's insulting to West Coast to lump them in with that.

West Coast’s was basically a few extra lines in addition to their regular guernsey. It even still had the club logo in the middle of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a massive win against another contending side. We're still ahead on percentage but would want to bank at least one big win in the next two weeks to hold that lead.

Some question marks forming over Fremantle now. Other than knocking off Collingwood in round 4, they haven't done well against the genuine contenders. Losses to North, Adelaide and now a thumping by Melbourne. And somehow they've avoided playing Brisbane this year as well. They'd be feeling nervous going into the finals!

Some big scores as of late. 85, 98 and now 107 all just in the last three weeks.

Fremantle's loss really exposes the simple truth of AFLW: if your best 3 players on the field aren't elite, you're probably going to be awful, because the depth in the league is awful.

Fremantle lost their best players due to Covid. Immediately they became a bad side. The line is that fine.

It'll only get worse with the four new expansion sides. They'll be lucky to have one elite player and they'll suffer for it

Fremantle's loss really exposes the simple truth of AFLW: if your best 3 players on the field aren't elite, you're probably going to be awful, because the depth in the league is awful.

Fremantle lost their best players due to Covid. Immediately they became a bad side. The line is that fine.

It'll only get worse with the four new expansion sides. They'll be lucky to have one elite player and they'll suffer for it

I mean, I agree, but the scale of that victory is immense. There's no way that Freo minus a few players is that much worse than, say, some of the expansion clubs.

West Coast are absolutely atrocious. With the comments around the pride jumper it makes you wonder whether they are taking their AFLW team seriously

They’re an embarrassment to the league. I know the other expansion teams (North excepted) have struggled but it’s like West Coast aren’t even trying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back