News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

They're both masturbatory films.

Meh... you obviously have a very different opinion. You liked the movie, I loathed it with a passion. Get over it.
I get it's a matter of taste and subjective and all but if Birdman is really one of the "worst movies" you've ever seen, you must not have seen many films.

The Craft Legacy.....now thats a bad film with no redeeming qualities. I watched them both on the same night. The original was a fun 90s B grade girl power flick. The sequel is a steaming pile of trash. Even my female friends who like trashy movies couldn't stand it and they set the bar pretty damn low.

Last edited:

I have been watching Adam Sandler movies of late.

If I want to watch something emotionally distressing I will watch the Crows play.

Even that's going back to 2008...

Here's the list of winners from the last 15 years. How many would you willingly sit through, if you weren't forcibly bound to the chair and given electric shocks every time you tried to look away?
2021 - Nomadland
2020 - Parasite
2019 - Green Book
2018 - The Shape of Water
2017 - Moonlight
2016 - Spotlight
2015 - Birdman
2014 - 12 Years a Slave
2013 - Argo
2012 - The Artist
2011 - The King's Speech
2010 - The Hurt Locker
2009 - Slumdog Millionaire
2008 - No Country for Old Men
2007 - The Departed

Of those, Birdman was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Parasite was good. Hurt Locker was incredibly tedious. King's Speech was extremely pretentious, and the only reason to watch it is Geoffrey Rush. Slumdog was OK, but far from great.

You couldn't pay me to see Nomadland, Green Book, Shape of Water, or Moonlight. I haven't even heard of Spotlight, The Artist, or The Departed.

the departed is an awesome movie.

His films are pretty trashy but given I was a 90's kid, I do have a soft spot for Billy Maddison and Happy Gilmore.

there's quite a few watchable. Definitely seemed to punch out a heap of cheap and of questionable quality stuff over the last few years. Missus and I watched Murder Mystery a few months ago and quite enjoyed it.

He's a surprisingly competent actor. It's just that he mostly makes low budget comedies skewed at younger audiences.

I think it's punch drunk love where he's got anger issues and totally overbearing sister(s). It's a bit dark for him and I haven't seen it in over a decade and more but I recall him being a surprisingly good serious actor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's punch drunk love where he's got anger issues and totally overbearing sister(s). It's a bit dark for him and I haven't seen it in over a decade and more but I recall him being a surprisingly good serious actor.
Yeah that was the first time I'd seen him do a more serious role and he pulled it off pretty well. Apparently he's good in Uncut Gems too but I haven't seen it.

Yeah that was the first time I'd seen him do a more serious role and he pulled it off pretty well. Apparently he's good in Uncut Gems too but I haven't seen it.

He is good in the action parts of The Do Over too. Seems to revel in it.

Seriously tho Jack And Jill is the king of bad movies. Watch it with a few drinks. So bad it is brilliant.

Even that's going back to 2008...

Here's the list of winners from the last 15 years. How many would you willingly sit through, if you weren't forcibly bound to the chair and given electric shocks every time you tried to look away?
2021 - Nomadland
2020 - Parasite
2019 - Green Book
2018 - The Shape of Water
2017 - Moonlight
2016 - Spotlight
2015 - Birdman
2014 - 12 Years a Slave
2013 - Argo
2012 - The Artist
2011 - The King's Speech
2010 - The Hurt Locker
2009 - Slumdog Millionaire
2008 - No Country for Old Men
2007 - The Departed

Of those, Birdman was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Parasite was good. Hurt Locker was incredibly tedious. King's Speech was extremely pretentious, and the only reason to watch it is Geoffrey Rush. Slumdog was OK, but far from great.

You couldn't pay me to see Nomadland, Green Book, Shape of Water, or Moonlight. I haven't even heard of Spotlight, The Artist, or The Departed.
Agree re Birdman. Watched it at home and couldn’t even last ten minutes. I enjoyed the Kings speech though. And also liked Slumdog.

Agree re Birdman. Watched it at home and couldn’t even last ten minutes. I enjoyed the Kings speech though. And also liked Slumdog.
If you take that list back to the start of the 2000s, Im sure you have seen Gladiator and or A Beautiful Mind.

Russell at his best in both.

I enjoyed Birdman, went bit long tho. Slumdog I lost interest. Lucky there are movies for all tastes.

What was that movie about the guy who invented the dictionary, that was fascinating. Escape from Pretoria too. I read the book afterwards (not the dictionary).

I have been watching Adam Sandler movies of late.

If I want to watch something emotionally distressing I will watch the Crows play.
There’s a couple of his I like,... 50 first dates and Bed Time Stories. Light fluff and don’t have to think about them.

If you take that list back to the start of the 2000s, Im sure you have seen Gladiator and or A Beautiful Mind.

Russell at his best in both.
I like watching Gladiator and picking out the historical inaccuracies. Funny part is Commodus was actually toned down in the film. Real guy was an even bigger psycho.

I like watching Gladiator and picking out the historical inaccuracies. Funny part is Commodus was actually toned down in the film. Real guy was an even bigger psycho.
Very rare that movies are an entirely accurate historical account when based on a true story.

Of the top of my head, I cant think of a single one.

Very rare that movies are an entirely accurate historical account when based on a true story.

Yep and who'd care?

I get my accurate historical knowledge from Hollywood films

I shun books and documentaries

Thats why we have docos I guess.

I just think its great when you expect the film to be the exaggerated, cartoonish version of events and then you find out that real life was even crazier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back