News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Robin Hood
This is the definitive Robin Hood with Errol Flynn ....1938

The "Golden Age" of Hollywood .....in glorious Technicolor ....and the Academy Award winning Sound Track by Eric Korngold

My Weekends are my "Old Movies" days .....so what makes this so good & superior to other adaptions

Firstly the color is superior to anything produced today, and it's as good now as almost 100 years ago ....did you know the Technicolor Process required massive lighting, so much so that inside shots, actors would often faint or perspire profusely .....outside was fine, but the process required a large amount of lighting

I'm a Classical Music enthusiast ...and Movie Soundtrack enthusiast (Hans Zimmer & Ennio Morricone) ....Korngold was a classical composer, and the forefather of Movie Soundtracks, the first of his kind
Music makes or breaks movies ! ....there I said it

Olivia De Havilland ....one of the screens beauties ....also in Gone with The Wind, the year after (1939)

No Special affects ....just great movie making ...if you're a movie enthusiast, it's a must watch

They are making a back to the future 4.

Not sure How I feel about this.
No .....you can't improve on perfection

I Remember when Hollywood remade "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" ......I refused to watch it, because the originals were so good ....and I didn't want to ruin my experience with the film

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you can see the places

Can't see it winning awards, but a fun movie.

Only one 'get over here' but that's life
I liked the 90s film way more tbh. The original one wouldn't win any awards either but it had a few things going for it. It was very faithful to its source material. They really nailed the look of the videogame characters. Christopher Lambert's performance makes it worthwhile on it's own. He knew he was making a schlock movie and he just had fun with it.

"The fate of billions will depend upon you. Heh heh heh."

eyJRsy7.gif

Also the theme song slaps.

I liked the 90s film way more tbh. The original one wouldn't win any awards either but it had a few things going for it. It was very faithful to its source material. They really nailed the look of the videogame characters. Christopher Lambert's performance makes it worthwhile on it's own. He knew he was making a schlock movie and he just had fun with it.

"The fate of billions will depend upon you. Heh heh heh."

eyJRsy7.gif

Also the theme song slaps.

It was just his character out of Highlander.

Which was also awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back