News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen Metro with Eddie Murphy?
Just saw Metro last night. Good movie for its time. It was a bit too long though. Great dialogues during the negotiation scenes!
Inside man with Denzel and Clive Owen is a great movie.
Will be on the lookout for this soon..
Equaliser with Denzel was good. I've watched Shooter with Wahlberg many a fine.
Seen Shooter, that was great movie! Re-watch ranking ;)
Check out either The Raid, John Wick and their sequels.
Have not seen the Raid.
John Wick 1 was great. Keanu Reeves is doing some great movies of late!

If you're into your foreign horror films, then these 2 are recommended:
1. The Eye
2. Shutter

There were Hollywood remakes of these films, but nowhere near as good. Asian girls with long dark hair make natural scary-looking ghosts!

If you're into your foreign horror films, then these 2 are recommended:
1. The Eye
2. Shutter

There were Hollywood remakes of these films, but nowhere near as good. Asian girls with long dark hair make natural scary-looking ghosts!
South Korea make the bloodiest horror movies .....amazing how many foreign films are re-done horribly by Hollywood .......fading Hollywood these days

upload_2018-1-28_10-27-35.jpeg .....
images

These are great horror movies

Wayne's-World I think Sweet Country is now screening if you want to give Aussie movies another chance ;)
It maybe fantastic .....but i'm completely scarred with Australian Films & their constant themes ....i won't be a viewer

I'm still recovering, under doctors care .....from watching "Strictly Ballroom" :'(:'(

It maybe fantastic .....but i'm completely scarred with Australian Films & their constant themes ....i won't be a viewer

I'm still recovering, under doctors care .....from watching "Strictly Ballroom" :'(:'(
Really? It's not even remotely in that sort of category.

So I finally watched John Wick, not bad if you can ignore the silly plot and flaws in the story line

If you watch action movies mainly for the plot, then...you're not watching it right! lol
Really there was a plot?

( i didnt need a plot, i liked the action)
There are plenty of quality action movies that have plots.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE THAT HAVENT SEEN IT

After sacrificing his son to appease Wick, the mob boss then decides to kill Wicks mate who then of course seeks vengeance. Just dumb.

There are plenty of quality action movies that have plots.

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE THAT HAVENT SEEN IT

After sacrificing his son to appease Wick, the mob boss then decides to kill Wicks mate who then of course seeks vengeance. Just dumb.
You're probably right, the plot was ice thin and I can barely remember what the point of the movie was other than to use plenty of bullets and kicks!
The reality though, most action movies are usually 90 minutes long to suit the newer generation of movie buffs. Very hard to build a story with the time limits, when you also have to include the mandatory action sequences. So invariably, plots are just variations of past action movies with minor permutations of character names and sequences.
In case anyone was wondering, the formula for action movies goes like this:
- few minutes of backdrop to tell you who the main "goodies" are
- good guy(s) have some s**t happen to them by the bad guy
- some kicks and bullets fly around
- bad guy dies (usually) or is handcuffed to prison
- good guy rides off to the horizons or dies with the bad guy

You're probably right, the plot was ice thin and I can barely remember what the point of the movie was other than to use plenty of bullets and kicks!
The reality though, most action movies are usually 90 minutes long to suit the newer generation of movie buffs. Very hard to build a story with the time limits, when you also have to include the mandatory action sequences. So invariably, plots are just variations of past action movies with minor permutations of character names and sequences.
In case anyone was wondering, the formula for action movies goes like this:
- few minutes of backdrop to tell you who the main "goodies" are
- good guy(s) have some s**t happen to them by the bad guy
- some kicks and bullets fly around
- bad guy dies (usually) or is handcuffed to prison
- good guy rides off to the horizons or dies with the bad guy
Again though, action movies can still be quality movies, Wick besides the action wasn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to see The Post yesterday, and frankly I was disappointed. I normally don't mind 'dry' dramas with little action, but to me it seems this is a true story that just doesn't work on film. No wonder the movie posters had Streep and Hanks' names in huge lettering and the actual title in smaller letters and a subordinate position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back