News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you like this type of movie .....this South Korean movie is one of the best ....hope you like blood

View attachment 794547
I think you’ve recommended to me this before a year ago. I’ve still yet to watch it. Will be sure to watch it though as I love any good action movies, Korean having some of the best ones, and Oldboy being one of my favourites. (And yes, I like blood in my action movies)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I think you’ve recommended to me this before a year ago. I’ve still yet to watch it. Will be sure to watch it though as I love any good action movies, Korean having some of the best ones, and Oldboy being one of my favourites. (And yes, I like blood in my action movies)
Also try "Maria" from the Filipines ....also same as "the Villainess" ...bloody

PrideoSA

Senior List
Apr 21, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oldboy is great! Park Chan-wook is set to release a Western/Thriller starring Matthew McConaughey in 2020. Best South Korean film going around right now is the Black Comedy 'Parasite' by Bong Joon-ho.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Oldboy is great! Park Chan-wook is set to release a Western/Thriller starring Matthew McConaughey in 2020. Best South Korean film going around right now is the Black Comedy 'Parasite' by Bong Joon-ho.
Just watched it....needs a 2nd viewing to pass opinion ....certainly different

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah parasite was my favourite for the year. Joker a close second maybe even tied.

Special mention to 'pain and glory' and Midsommer.

3 good ones to come on boxing day though. Little women, portrait of a lady on fire and jojo rabbit all look really good.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the spirit of the holidays, what would be your triple movie marathon if you had the time to sit back and see three movies in a row?
Examples:
- 3 retrospective (ones you’ve already seen)
- 3 you’re planning to watch and not yet seen
- 3 mix and match of seen and unseen

Currently I have an itch for watching the Die Hard original trilogy. The Taken and John Wick trilogies are a good investment for a triple movie marathon, that I would recommend if you’re into action.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven’t seen a performance quite like The Joker for a long, long time. Brilliant acting.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Just my taste in movies ....like to be entertained ...for example, war movies & biopics don't do anything for me

I would never watch Bohemian Rhapsody .....can't replace Freddy Mercury & any attempt urks me

I won't watch Rocketman and hated Val Kilmer in the Doors movie

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you mind explaining it to me, I'm not a deep guy.

Lol neither am I. I still don't understand a lot of things. I think this movie polarised almost every viewer and my thoughts were pretty simplistic and common.

I've forgotten a bit but I thought she was trafficked or sold and the greenhouses were a metaphor for all the women he did this too. Has some holes in it though.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just not sure on Marriage Story ?
I didn't like the farewell. Thought that was actually really bad.

Mine would be:

Parasite
Joker
Pain and glory
Midsommer
Jojo Rabbit
Birds of passage
Dogman
Once upon a time in Hollywood
By the grace of god
The report

I didn't see marriage story or the lighthouse. Still haven't seen little women either.

Good year for foreign films but not so much mainstream imo

Back