News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Can act a bit, but has made most of his money posting a version of himself. Has been in some great movies and been good, but he’s hardly extended himself. Thinking Harrison Ford. Great movie catalogue, fantastic roles, suited him, but how far as he ever actually strayed from himself?

Your description of Tom Hanks is exactly what I would use to describe Brad Pitt

12 Monkeys kind of disproves this imo. Also Burn After Reading.

Agree on 12 Monkeys but disagree on Burn After Reading. I have him as the sort of actor that (mostly) plays 'himself' like Matt Damon or Tom Hanks (with rare exceptions)

Whereas the group of actors including Daniel Day-Lewis is on another level in terms of range and versatility

12 Monkeys kind of disproves this imo. Also Burn After Reading.

burn after reading was amusing. His death scene quite unexpected. Snatch was the first time I actually appreciated him as an actor. Prior to that just thought him a pretty boy that the girls loved. As a similarly afflicted gorgeous male, I resented him.

burn after reading was amusing. His death scene quite unexpected. Snatch was the first time I actually appreciated him as an actor. Prior to that just thought him a pretty boy that the girls loved. As a similarly afflicted gorgeous male, I resented him.
Snatch showed he has a great work ethic. Must of been hard to memorise that lingo.

I've kind of always seen Clooney as a high priced television actor but he was good in 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'.

there was the movie where he was the fixer, that was good, very good. The oceans movies were entertaining ensembles. 3 kings was a watchable flick. ****ed if i know what else he’s been in. But I do know that he’s watchable and doesn’t stray too far from himself. From dusk till dawn, was George Clooney in that too. God love him. Don’t stray and get pay.

there was the movie where he was the fixer, that was good, very good. The oceans movies were entertaining ensembles. 3 kings was a watchable flick. f’ed if i know what else he’s been in. But I do know that he’s watchable and doesn’t stray too far from himself. From dusk till dawn, was George Clooney in that too. God love him. Don’t stray and get pay.
Oh yeah I forgot about 3 Kings. He was pretty good in that.

Clooney also directed 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' which is a pretty enjoyable watch. Had a small role in it too.

there was the movie where he was the fixer, that was good, very good. The oceans movies were entertaining ensembles. 3 kings was a watchable flick. f’ed if i know what else he’s been in. But I do know that he’s watchable and doesn’t stray too far from himself. From dusk till dawn, was George Clooney in that too. God love him. Don’t stray and get pay.

His best film was probably Michael Clayton (of those I've seen)

Agree on 12 Monkeys but disagree on Burn After Reading. I have him as the sort of actor that (mostly) plays 'himself' like Matt Damon or Tom Hanks (with rare exceptions)

Whereas the group of actors including Daniel Day-Lewis is on another level in terms of range and versatility
I mentioned Burn After Reading because it showed how good Pitt is at doing comedy. I agree he's not a chameleon like DDL and not in that elite tier.

Not sure where I'd rank him but Jake Gyllenhaal was amazing in 'Nightcrawler'. I've always been partial to 'Donnie Darko' too but that's mostly for the soundtrack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where I'd rank him but Jake Gyllenhaal was amazing in 'Nightcrawler'. I've always been partial to 'Donnie Darko' too but that's mostly for the soundtrack.

I thought he was pretty good in Brokeback Mountain (although I didn't like the film) and Zodiac too

Haven't seen BBM and I'm embarassed to admit Zodiac bored the s**t out of me despite having some genuinely horrifying moments. Maybe I should give it another go.

Yeah Zodiac is long but I'm a David Fincher fan so I loved it.

Brokeback Mountain, funnily enough, bored the s**t out of me

Best contemporary actor I have as Leonardo by some way. Can play any role in any script and owns the screen every second he's there.

Previously Robert De Niro and Al Pacino were the standouts for this title. The movie Heat showcases these two cinematic giants who literally and figuratively go head to head. Pacino comes out on top in the movie but I have De Niro winning the acting stakes by a short half head. Great film with superb cast, script, production and sound track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back