News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are your 6 greatest living movie actors [male]? So many truly greats to choose from.

I'll go

1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Day Lewis
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Denzel Washington
5. Christopher Walken
6. Ben Kingsley

Unlucky to miss out Morgan Freeman, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones.

Who are your 6 greatest living movie actors [male]? So many truly greats to choose from.

I'll go

1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Day Lewis
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Denzel Washington
5. Christopher Walken
6. Ben Kingsley

1. Anthony Hopkins
2. Cary Grant
3. Al Pacino
4. Jack Nicholson
5. Daniel Day-Lewis
6. Morgan Freeman
7. Denzel Washington
8. Spencer Tracey
9. Walter Matheau

I'll go

1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Day Lewis
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Denzel Washington
5. Christopher Walken
6. Ben Kingsley

1. Daniel Day-Lewis
2. Al Pacino
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Denzel Washington
5. Gary Oldman
6. Leonardo DiCaprio

Honorable mentions: Anthony Hopkins, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman

There's a few others I can see being elevated to this status later in their career such as Joaquin Phoenix, Ryan Gosling, Ed Norton, Rami Malek and Mahershala Ali

Just watched We Are Marshall again

I have to admit I cry every time. One of the truly great sports stories of all time. I've had the opportunity to visit the memorial, spinetingling
Have you seen Rudy ? .....great sports movie

1588069133017.png

Just watched We Are Marshall again

I have to admit I cry every time. One of the truly great sports stories of all time. I've had the opportunity to visit the memorial, spinetingling

I’m a fair crier too, missus loves telling me I’m soft. Watched American Sniper and bawled again. I just binged a lot of Parks and Recreation, a surprising amount of crying for a comedy series. But it’s just so damn heartwarming.

I’m a fair crier too, missus loves telling me I’m soft. Watched American Sniper and bawled again. I just binged a lot of Parks and Recreation, a surprising amount of crying for a comedy series. But it’s just so damn heartwarming.
The art of racing in the rain
Will turn you to a blubbering mess ...... especially if you have a dog

How do you go with Marley and me?

Not well. Didn’t do too well with Red Dog either. I didn’t want to go through another Marley and Me, so only watched it because the missus told me that the dog doesn’t die in the movie. I believe that she didn’t do it deliberately, but she should have made sure. I really am down in the dumps for a few days after that kind of emotional battering.

Not well. Didn’t do too well with Red Dog either. I didn’t want to go through another Marley and Me, so only watched it because the missus told me that the dog doesn’t die in the movie. I believe that she didn’t do it deliberately, but she should have made sure. I really am down in the dumps for a few days after that kind of emotional battering.
It’s amazing what effect they have on us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best you avoid
The art of racing in the rain😭

Just watched Rocketman this week. Not sure I would like it but was very good and well made. Music was good.

Not a movie but the latest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm is funny as *.

Also The Last Dance has been awesome. Very well made and good to finally hear MJ speak on his career.

WaynesWorld19

This might interest you, pretty neat.

These comparisons always fascinate me .....interesting that I have a picture of people I know in my head & may have not seen for many years .....I'd probably walk past them, not recognizing the new them

How Hasselhoff got in that montage, god knows ......yeah very neat :thumbsu:

Al Pacino my favorite actor

Caught up on a couple of films I'd been meaning to see for a while

There Will Be Blood. Loved it. No wonder DDL won an Oscar. Dominates every scene.

The Hunt (the 2012 Denmark one, not the recent one). Pretty harrowing viewing. A teacher gets accused of sexually assaulting a student. Life falls apart.

Caught up on a couple of films I'd been meaning to see for a while

There Will Be Blood. Loved it. No wonder DDL won an Oscar. Dominates every scene.

The Hunt (the 2012 Denmark one, not the recent one). Pretty harrowing viewing. A teacher gets accused of sexually assaulting a student. Life falls apart.
Both excellent films .....Spain does mystery films very well ....have a look at some

I haven’t really been keeping up with this thread, has any one mentioned The Room?
One of the greatest ‘bad’ movies ever.
I made a gif of it summing it up in 10 seconds. Spoiler alert though if you haven’t seen it.

I'll go

1. Sean Connery
2. Daniel Day Lewis
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Denzel Washington
5. Christopher Walken
6. Ben Kingsley

If we are talking performances.

Pacino - Serpico
De Niro - Taxi Driver
Hoffman - Midnight Cowboy
Nicholson - One Flew over
Phoneix - Joker
McQueen - Papillon
Lewis - In the name of the Father
Benigni - Life is Beatuiful
Ledger - Brokeback Mountain

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad