News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are after an edge of your seat movie, Captain Phillips did it for me.

The other (keep in mind it has Owen Wilson) was No Escape...that was just intense the whole time

Saw the favourite. Pretty funny watching oldies go in to watch it not really knowing what they're in for. It's not that out there but you have to remember the same guy made 'lobster' and killing of a sacred deer.

Just saw 2 gory movies in recent days:

1. The Farm - interesting premise, short in the acting and characterization department. Worth a look if you're into twisted horror movies (akin to the Human Centipede type movies).

2. Even Lambs Have Teeth - is a dark thriller/victim-revenge movie with one part horror/thriller and one part gory comedy. This one is worth a watch if you like watching revenge movies, with a point of difference.

If you like watching gory comedies I watched "Man Bites Dog" many years ago and thought it was pretty good.

Strangely I couldn't think of many really good British movies.

Nil By Mouth
Zulu
Sexy Beast
To Sir with Love
28 Days Later
Snatch

Bravo sisters! Trust you Wayne.
I wonder if this is across many years or just a statistical anomaly. Promoted a few weeks ago because of reasons.

Talking of good movies, I watched Sandra Bullock’s “Bird Box” on Netflix the other night. I had to take a break and collect myself as it was scary/disturbing. I normally don’t get freaked out, in movies so I’d say it had impact.

Bravo sisters! Trust you Wayne.
Hollywood movies ATM are, in the main, s**t!

Really getting into jessica chastain movies ......watched (finally) Molly's Game last night .....excellent movie, fast paced, and if you like the game of cards, this is a good watch

But I really enjoyed Miss Sloane

upload_2018-12-28_7-25-3.jpeg

Just saw 2 gory movies in recent days:

1. The Farm - interesting premise, short in the acting and characterization department. Worth a look if you're into twisted horror movies (akin to the Human Centipede type movies).

2. Even Lambs Have Teeth - is a dark thriller/victim-revenge movie with one part horror/thriller and one part gory comedy. This one is worth a watch if you like watching revenge movies, with a point of difference.
This post explains a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright Wayne ill take the bait. Why do you refuse to watch australian movies?
Because their Amateurish .....but I'll add, current American films aren't much better, concentrating on "Special Effects" and "Revenue $$$" over great stories

There are great films around the World that easily out-do the American "in your face" Transformers culture ....that don't have the $$$$ for special effects, so resort to great stories

But also, some of the shows on Netflix / HBO are easily more enjoyable ......"The Sinner" ..."WestWorld" ..."Mr Robot" are absolutely great stories, with great storylines

Australian films are cheap imitators & don't have a strength in any facet of film-making ......just my opinion though

Breath and sweet country were pretty good from this year
Yeah "Breath" the Simon Baker Directed film .....got good revues, i must have some strange bias towards the Australian Culture, because the subject matter really doesn't appeal .....but i can fully understand why people like it ......for me, that type of film has "Point Break" as it's benchmark

"Sweet Country" again, maybe a great film .....but the culture films & Australian Period films, just don't have me excited ...that said, if they're good i can see the appeal to International Audiences, that are curious about the Australian Outback / Surfing / Kangaroo thing

upload_2018-12-28_20-20-58.png

Because their Amateurish .....but I'll add, current American films aren't much better, concentrating on "Special Effects" and "Revenue $$$" over great stories

There are great films around the World that easily out-do the American "in your face" Transformers culture ....that don't have the $$$$ for special effects, so resort to great stories

But also, some of the shows on Netflix / HBO are easily more enjoyable ......"The Sinner" ..."WestWorld" ..."Mr Robot" are absolutely great stories, with great storylines

Australian films are cheap imitators & don't have a strength in any facet of film-making ......just my opinion though
If you're serious in your movies, you shouldn't be stereotyping countries. There's good and bad eggs all over the world. Agreed Australian movies generally are similar in vein to US movies, but some decent ones can still be found originating from Australia. Some real good Australian horror flicks, one of which was Wolf Creek.

If you're serious in your movies, you shouldn't be stereotyping countries. There's good and bad eggs all over the world. Agreed Australian movies generally are similar in vein to US movies, but some decent ones can still be found originating from Australia. Some real good Australian horror flicks, one of which was Wolf Creek.
Yes Countries do change, but slowly ......you know Wolf Creek was 13 years ago ...that's a long-time between good films

South Korea make the best Horror ....French the best Rom-Com's .....Spain, great mysteries .....China movies pre 2000 were very Amateurish, but the last 15 years they've been getting better and better ....they've surpassed Hollywood as the biggest Movie country now

Hollywood movies ATM are, in the main, s**t!

Really getting into jessica chastain movies ......watched (finally) Molly's Game last night .....excellent movie, fast paced, and if you like the game of cards, this is a good watch

But I really enjoyed Miss Sloane

View attachment 599243

Great flick that, have seen it a number of times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back