News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

I just finished watching CREED II and it was pretty disappointing - started off great then just petered out and ended up like a made-for-TV movie or something. Needed more Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren was the best thing in the movie)

I just finished watching CREED II and it was pretty disappointing - started off great then just petered out and ended up like a made-for-TV movie or something. Needed more Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren was the best thing in the movie)
Did you like the first Creed movie. ?

Glad that Rami Malek won Best Actor but surprised that Green Book won Best Picture (as much as I enjoyed it). Haven't seen 'The Favourite' but Olivia Colman's Best Actress acceptance speech was hilarious

Glad that Rami Malek won Best Actor but surprised that Green Book won Best Picture (as much as I enjoyed it). Haven't seen 'The Favourite' but Olivia Colman's Best Actress acceptance speech was hilarious
Green Book was fairly decent but the cynic in me thinks that society is over rewarding films that highlight social issues. Green Book gives us all a big pat on the back to show how far we've come and how 'none of us would have acted like that'.

For the record, think Green Book was a deserving win. One of those films that is great all-round, and Ali and Mortensen had great chemistry. I get the whole 'it's a white man's story of redemption' angle, but I think the whole 'black man who doesn't fit in either black or white society' plot still rings strong in today's society, and shows their perspective on what life can be like.
Think it would've been more poignant if the film were released in the 90's because many societies were still similar to how the deep south was portrayed in the film, but I believe I read Don Shirley didn't want the film made/released until after his lifetime.

Couldn't stand Roma, so very slow, glad it didn't win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Green Book was fairly decent but the cynic in me thinks that society is over rewarding films that highlight social issues. Green Book gives us all a big pat on the back to show how far we've come and how 'none of us would have acted like that'.

Your comment is true in general, and I am extremely antagonistic to being preached at in films regarding social issues. However, I really enjoyed Green Book and felt that the associated social issues were incidental to the film, which was just a great story. There was no irritating bashing about the head on the social issues, probably a rarity.

I haven't seen the film about the female lawyer, and I won't, because the trailer reeked of the usual social preaching: back to normal with this one?

Spike Lee rules. One of my favourite directors. His acceptance speech was awesome, his outfit was even more awesome and after the ceremony he said that BlackKklansman should have won Best Picture instead of Green Book.

most of the other lonely island clips are funny.

shoutout to "im on a boat"; "jack sparrow"; "3 way"; "mother lover"; "i just had sex"

luckily brooklyn 99 is not all about Jake (his shtick can get a bit grating). The ensemble is first rate.

I liked the female response of "Jizz in my pants", Puke in my mouth lol.

Isn't it great ....you only just getting into it now?

so bizarrely I have seen it on Netflix since I got it (which was pretty much the first night you could legally get it in Australia) but the thumbnail that had just didn't appeal.

I find it amazing that I'm in season 3 at it gets funnier. 9 Days was one of the funniest episodes of the show I thought Karen Peralta was damned funny too.

so bizarrely I have seen it on Netflix since I got it (which was pretty much the first night you could legally get it in Australia) but the thumbnail that had just didn't appeal.

I find it amazing that I'm in season 3 at it gets funnier. 9 Days was one of the funniest episodes of the show I thought Karen Peralta was damned funny too.
Yeah, i only stumbled on it a couple of years ago ....now I'm a devotee

most of the other lonely island clips are funny.

shoutout to "im on a boat"; "jack sparrow"; "3 way"; "mother lover"; "i just had sex"

luckily brooklyn 99 is not all about Jake (his shtick can get a bit grating). The ensemble is first rate.
I'm on a boat is one of my favorites, but I reckon I'm the Boss takes the cake.

agree re the whole cast, it is good having the show cover multiple people.

I think I have a new favourite film in 'the lobster'.

Hilarious, crazy, weird, sad and genius.

On Netflix.
I attempted to watch the Lobster about 18 months ago, on the back of it's strong ratings ......man that was some weird movie, and I don't think I finished watching it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back