News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

My co-favourite movies are Heathers and Starship Troopers.

Congo rounds out the top 3.

Then, in no particular order, there's Return of the Killer Tomatoes, Mad Max: Fury Road, Mannequin, Highlander, Scott Pilgrim, The World's End, Last of the Mohicans, Mulan, Hot Shots: Part Deux, Detention (the horror-comedy-parody from 2009 starring Josh Hutcherson, not especially well known), Better Off Dead, Speed Racer, Not Another Teen Movie, Death at a Funeral (2007), The Three Musketeers (1993), Reality Bites, Clerks 2, Batman and Robin, Galaxy Quest, 7 Psychopaths, Moon, The Princess Bride, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Blast From the Past, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Dragonheart, The Phantom, BASEketball, The Last Emperor, Army of Darkness, Grand Budapest Hotel, Sunshine, Revenge of the Sith, Small Soldiers, and Grosse Point Blank.

Death of Stalin, Submarine, Manchester by the Sea, The Favourite, and Thoroughbreds all have a provisional place on my favourites list, but full membership is contingent on my opinion holding up on subsequent rewatches.

Additionally, several films, without ranking among my favourites, belong to the hallowed John Carter Society of Box Office Bombs I Feel Are Underappreciated, namely: John Carter, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Treasure Planet. Speed Racer hovers uncertainly between this and an outright spot on the favourites list.

My tastes are... rather idiosyncratic? In terms of themes, you can probably pick up some affinity for black comedy, parody, and satire, with some sprinklings of fantasy, historical fiction, and sci-fi, and a lot that can only be justified in terms of guilty pleasure and so bad it's good.
So no love for Shaun of the Dead ? It certainly ticks all your taste themes

Some movies recently watched:

John Wick 3 - feels kinda like a hybrid of Matrix/Kill Bill - plenty of action with some monotony of the fighting scenes - 7.5/10

Dead Pool 2 - more of the R-rated slap stick humour like the first one; excellent action/comedy - 9/10

The Commuter - Liam Neeson doing what he normally does - kicking and punching with sound effects - plot a bit loopy though - 6.5/10

Ad Astra - really hard movie to do well imo. Lots of flaws but I still enjoyed it.

Dogman - Really good Italian film! Recommended. Think it's only on at East end palace nova

Good boys - Average comedy trying to be like superbad but doesn't get close

Hanging out for joker

Coupla Netflix movies.

El Camino wasn’t bad, a little pointless perhaps, essentialy a two hour epilogue to end Breaking Bad.

Fractured. Not the most original movie but it’s intense and kept me off my phone.

Not saying either are all time greats but if you’re trawling around Netflix you could do (much) worse.

starting watching it last night and finishing it right now. Huge Ryan Reynolds fan. Safe House was a beauty.
It’s been smashed in the reviews but I didn’t mind it. If you’re watching it for what it is, you’ll enjoy it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

starting watching it last night and finishing it right now. Huge Ryan Reynolds fan. Safe House was a beauty.
so is it a typical Michael Bay wall of noise?

Just love Reynolds in Deadpool ....and my humor loves "Just Friends"

so is it a typical Michael Bay wall of noise?

Just love Reynolds in Deadpool ....and my humor loves "Just Friends"

just checked his film list and it’s a bigger wall than anything else. Reynolds narration makes it a lot more bearable. Deadpool easily the best superhero movie of all time.

Anna was a decent recent action/thriller flick. A bit over the top with the plot, but worth a watch if you're into your action like Taken or John Wick series.

Knives out is very well done! Didn't think I'd like it but was pretty good.

The report and official secrets have also been stand outs over the last couple of months. Been a pretty average year for English movies. Some really good foreign language films though

Anna was a decent recent action/thriller flick. A bit over the top with the plot, but worth a watch if you're into your action like Taken or John Wick series.
If you like this type of movie .....this South Korean movie is one of the best ....hope you like blood

1576487445952.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back