News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
S4 rumoured to be out in Jan 2022.

If the pandemic subsides, it wouldnt surprise me to see this released a lot earlier in the US, like in October, their prime TV.

Filming for S4 is expected to conclude by April.
If US stays in lockdown you could be right.

If US stays in lockdown you could be right.
Lets not forget, S3 was meant to be a 2020 May release. The delay to 2021 January was because of the pandemic, S3 was completed well before May 2020.

Implications of lockdown may also impact whether they can film S4 as well.

Yeah the s3 finale was pretty good. Not quite a good as the s2, but it had its moments. A lot of side switching happening which leads me to believe that by the end of s4 it will be fully back to the Karate kid staple of "Miyagi Do = Good Guys, Cobra Kai = Bad guys", so you could be right, a death to Kreese may end up being the conclusion to S4, but I think if anyone was going to do it, it would be Johnny.

Not sure what they are going to do with the Robby character. Is he going to go full Villian mode next season, or continue his see saw back and forth?

This may be presumptuous here, but I do not think they will kill anyone off, aside from Kreese in this series. That too only because I am very confident this show will be rebooted in some format, years from now. Kreese, Martin Kove is fairly old now, ie 75. Killing him off, is logical, not to mention if he is alive in 20 years time, there is always a dream sequence for him to appear in lol.

I think the show will end up like the movies did, ie unresolved issues with Sam v Tory (Daniel v Johnny) to set up a future series much later in their lives.

Julie is also a lock IMO to appear in S4 or S5 (Swank), so that opens the door up for more storylines. We are still yet to know from where did Tory learn martial arts so proficiently.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not sure how something can be totally absurd and uninteresting at the same time. Guess it's all subjective.

It's a weird move and I'd reccomend it to people who like weird.

totally and ridiculously absurd is boring, there needs to be an element of believability. s**t like using the body as a sled I just can’t see entertainment in.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah it's not for everyone. The film is totally bizarre. Radcliffe's post Harry Potter career is nothing special but I think he's doing better than Rupert Grint and Emma Watson.

If people want something more traditional with Radcliffe, Escape from Praetoria is a decent prison escape film. They shot it in Adelaide too. It's no Shawshank but it's alright.

good flick that one.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
totally and ridiculously absurd is boring, there needs to be an element of believability. sh*t like using the body as a sled I just can’t see entertainment in.
I mean the absurdity is the point. It wouldn't be absurd if it was believable. I'm not trying to say it's going to be in anybodies best film list. It's just the most fun I've had watching Daniel Radcliffe in anything post Harry Potter. Also I can watch anything with Paul Dano in it. That guy is talented as *.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
totally and ridiculously absurd is boring, there needs to be an element of believability. sh*t like using the body as a sled I just can’t see entertainment in.
Everyone's definition of boring differs. I find predictable films mostly boring.

Star wars is about as believable as riding a farting dead body in the water. Still entertaining. It's probably the weirdness that you don't like (I also don't like it).

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone's definition of boring differs. I find predictable films mostly boring.

Star wars is about as believable as riding a farting dead body in the water. Still entertaining. It's probably the weirdness that you don't like (I also don't like it).

ive only seen the original 3, nothing that unbelievable. It was a galaxy far away.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Slightly off topic .....but big news for music fans

1610913871553.png
1610913957287.png

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
MatureFlickeringGypsymoth-max-1mb.gif

I still remember Phil Spector talking about the jury in his murder trial. "Half of them thought I was guilty, the other half thought I was insane". I mean who could blame them when he turned up to court looking like this.

phil-spectora.jpg
Excellent biopic movie on Phil Spector with Al Pacino .... you seen it ?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
If you want a quietly poignant movie based on a true story I was quite impressed with “The Dig”.
Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan do a great job in securing the viewer with one of the greatest archeological finds in history and casually reminding us of the fleeting moment of life and the way we leave a mark.

JohnnyD

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blazing Saddles of course, the Trinity movies were also pretty amusing

My dad, brother and I used to watch all of the Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies, including the Trinity series...great Spaghetti Westerns...
Interestingly, they were both Italian and the above names were only adopted because they suited the Western genre for American audiences...
Bud Spencer (Carlo Pedersoli) died in 2016, aged 86, having carved out a great acting career but also being a jet & helicopter pilot and having competed in the freestyle event at both the 1952 and 1956 (Melbourne) Olympics...what a great life he had...

JohnnyD

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
I loved the Karate kid.

Cobra Kai is so bad. So bad. So very bad.

I'm glad you enjoy it ... But I cannot think of a show that disappointed me more.

I thought the same, that it was going to be crap, B-grade, cheesy, along those lines...was pleasantly surprised, demolished the lot in only a few weeks...

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah not a fan of Cobra Kai myself.

Speaking of shows that aren't anywhere near as good as the movie, Animal Kingdom.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I’ve really liked the series although I agree, the movie is next level...but not a bad adaptation...
It was alright, but the acting is really poor in patches.

In fairness I think it does get better as it goes along.

Back