News Non Crows -Posters Favorite TV Shows

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2 trailer for Ted Lasso has dropped, really enjoyed Season 1, more than I thought I would to be honest. Can be corny as hell on occasion but damned if it doesn’t make me smile.

Movie studios get bagged for going with easy options. Sequels, well-worn stories, remakes. Basically repeating themselves instead of coming up with original stories and characters.

Knowing that viewers will return to what they know and love.

Safe bets.

Ok.

Whereas from the Sopranos onwards we're in a "golden age" of great, original television.

Isn't television just tapping into this same mindset though?

Same characters and setting week after week, season after season. Don't need to come up with anything brand new. Essentially sequel after sequel after sequel.

Is that why we're in a television golden age? Sure bets for production companies. Viewers who will roll in season after season because they're invested. Repeat customers. Milked for all it's worth.

Season 2 trailer for Ted Lasso has dropped, really enjoyed Season 1, more than I thought I would to be honest. Can be corny as hell on occasion but damned if it doesn’t make me smile.

If you like Ted Lasso you should check out Last Man on Earth. 4 seasons available on Disney plus.

"Corny as hell but damned if it doesn't make me smile" is precisely how I would describe it.

Plus Jason Sudeikis is fairly prominent in it, especially from the 2nd season

Movie studios get bagged for going with easy options. Sequels, well-worn stories, remakes. Basically repeating themselves instead of coming up with original stories and characters.

Knowing that viewers will return to what they know and love.

Safe bets.

Ok.

Whereas from the Sopranos onwards we're in a "golden age" of great, original television.

Isn't television just tapping into this same mindset though?

Same characters and setting week after week, season after season. Don't need to come up with anything brand new. Essentially sequel after sequel after sequel.

Is that why we're in a television golden age? Sure bets for production companies. Viewers who will roll in season after season because they're invested. Repeat customers. Milked for all it's worth.
I reckon streaming services have helped with that.

More opportunities to try out new shows.

I don't watch normal TV so I have no idea what it's like these days

Anyone else watching Mare of Easttown? One of the best things I’ve watched in the last couple of years. Episode 5 was incredible. Winslet is phenomenal.

The Boys, 2 seasons so far on Amazon I think.
The Good Doctor isn't bad.
The Expanse, 5 seasons

Haven't watched free to air for years. Sick of reality shows and the commercials.
Have Kayo to watch the footy, commercial free.

I've been meaning to watch The Expanse. I love sci-fi and the recent Star Trek series were pretty disappointing. I've heard The Orville is okay but I'm not a big Seth McFarlane fan so I haven't watched it yet.

If you like Ted Lasso you should check out Last Man on Earth. 4 seasons available on Disney plus.

"Corny as hell but damned if it doesn't make me smile" is precisely how I would describe it.

Tandy has to be the most annoying character in TV history but I love to hate him.

Tandy has to be the most annoying character in TV history but I love to hate him.
Absolutely, his comedy is admittedly way out there and total slapstick, but as a lifelong lover of physical comedy, I have a real soft spot for him as well. Some of the set ups on this show is Champagne comedy IMO!

The Boys, 2 seasons so far on Amazon I think.
The Good Doctor isn't bad.
The Expanse, 5 seasons

Haven't watched free to air for years. Sick of reality shows and the commercials.
Have Kayo to watch the footy, commercial free.

The Expanse is one of the best shows ever. Period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely, his comedy is admittedly way out there and total slapstick, but as a lifelong lover of physical comedy, I have a real soft spot for him as well. Some of the set ups on this show is Champagne comedy IMO!
Tbh I was unaware they had done a fourth season of 'Last Man on Earth'. I swear I read somewhere that it was cancelled.

Not sure If these have been mentioned
Grimm is a good super natural series. Six seasons.
The Ozark
Lucifer.
Witcher ( one season so far). Pretty close to the books/ games.
Lost in Space ( new series, not the old black and white classic)

Yeah it smacks of nice feel. In today’s age it’s not as cringe and the rest can GAGF.

Anyone else watching Mare of Easttown? One of the best things I’ve watched in the last couple of years. Episode 5 was incredible. Winslet is phenomenal.
Absolutely fantastic. Best thing I've seen this year, by a long way

Do I dare ask if anyone watched the Friends reunion show?
Yeah I watched most of it even though I wasn't a big friends fan. It was not bad. Most of them look old and haven't aged overly well. LeBlanc been hitting the buffet. Perry seemed off. Aniston still looks great for her age. If your a friend's fan well worth a look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back