MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans have been there. Dogs haven't. Swans will win

Kinda my feeling too. The hype the Dogs will have to deal with this week will be enormous as well whereas with Cronulla making the NRL Grand Final, the Swans will have it a lot more low key. Bulldogs will do well if they aren't burnt out before the game even starts.

Putting a trifecta bet on for the brownlow, do players who have been suspended get included (sloane)?

Kinda my feeling too. The hype the Dogs will have to deal with this week will be enormous as well whereas with Cronulla making the NRL Grand Final, the Swans will have it a lot more low key. Bulldogs will do well if they aren't burnt out before the game even starts.

There is something about this Bulldogs team though. On the weekend, 14 points down in the last quarter Footscray of old would have folded, but they refused to wilt. Even late in the game when the Giants threatened to snatch back the lead they were magnificent. I wish we played with that endeavour and courage. The Giants mightn't have played particularly well but the Dogs wouldn't let them. And make no mistake, GWS's attack on the man was ferocious - Sydney couldn't handle it a few weeks ago, the Bulldogs could. I have to think if this Footscray team can with withstand that physical pressure added to the emotional baggage of not having won a prelim in over 50 years, I think they can handle the Swans - a team which they hold a surprisingly good record against. The Dogs will be much happier playing Sydney than Geelong, who they have a terrible record against.

I've always felt the Dogs biggest mental challenge was just progressing past a prelim - now they have done that. They can now enjoy the Grand Final week while Sydney hold the favouritism tag - having been their and done it before they will be expected to win. Noone expected the Bulldogs to progress past week 1 of this finals series and each win has just galvanised them further - they are like what the Demons of 1987 should have been if they hadn't choked in the prelim. There is less pressure on the Bulldogs now than a week ago and they are a huge chance to win the flag - which will be a premiership for the ages if they can pull it off.

Jonesy any chance of getting his little bro back to the Dees?
Was great on Friday!
Hopefully, but i think we should focus on operation "Hammish Brayshaw" and the other Brayshaw i don't know the name of

If I played a blinder in a prelim and got dropped for the granny I'd consider it.
But no, probably not.
yeah true, is there talk of him getting dropped? I suppose its either him or Mills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Goddard is just all personality doing that Retiree thing just now. They're all old blokes Brendon, you put them to sleep.
I'm surprised he somehow didn't make it all about him

953485.jpg

♪ "P - the players in his wake, A - the [annual] income he will make, T is for his tooth-filled mouth, T is for his tooth-filled mouth..." ♪

yeah true, is there talk of him getting dropped? I suppose its either him or Mills.
Keep Jones and Mills. Drop Marsh.
Mills didn't play the Prelim so if he and McVeigh come in, 2 need to go out.
Jones was in their best few on the weekend so I hope he keeps his spot.
I'd drop Marsh but not sure who else. Doesn't sound like Aliir will get up either but not sure he's one of the outs for either of those two.

Mills didn't play the Prelim so if he and McVeigh come in, 2 need to go out.
Jones was in their best few on the weekend so I hope he keeps his spot.
I'd drop Marsh but not sure who else. Doesn't sound like Aliir will get up either but not sure he's one of the outs for either of those two.
Hewitt had a fairly quiet game on the weekend so could be out. Would you drop someone for Mills though? Someone with a suspect hammy probably isn't someone you'd want to bring in for a GF. Sydney were very good across the board last week so not really necessary to make iffy changes. McVeigh in, Marsh/Hewitt out would be the only change I think.
Heard Aliir should be right though? Even if not don't necessarily need to bring in another tall for him. Dogs don't have a heap of height up forward so someone who could provide his run/rebound would be better. Maybe just McVeigh for him if he's crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back