MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they've ever been 50 have they? I swear the real 50 would run into the Centre square there
They were when the centre square was 45m, but when they extended it to 50m they intersected, then they made them 45m and had 45 marked on the ground (which is fine because the 50's aren't an official line marking, merely a courtesy indication) and finally just measured 45 and called it 50.

I did hear that when they redid the stands they extended the ground so they were now actually 50, but it isn't.

Mother. *******. Hawthorn.

Can they seriously ******* LOSE? I'M SO ******* OVER IT. THEIR SUPPORTERS ARE ARROGANT TURDS. THEIR PLAYERS ARE TOSSERS.

I now think Hawks win the flag again based on this analysis
They scored 10 out of their 11 goals from turnovers not contested footy, they are statistically horrible at it
I think this is why Clarkson is genius
Contested footy is negligible in finals because it's all contested, yet turnovers skyrocket due to the pressure and this where the Hawks score from
Clarkson is a genius and based on that stat I'm loading up on them for the flag again

I'm certain this is why we are desperate for Hibberd and also got Melksham
The games slanted to turnovers now because the zone is scrambled and you can exploit it, whilst clearances and contested footy are good it provides both sides equal opportunity to score and it's more random which is why we are up and down because it's hard to consistently score MORE than your opposition from it

We need to tackle more and mark the ball more because contested footy now isn't that important and Clarkson is just taking the piss with the competition

Last edited:

I now think Hawks win the flag again based on this analysis
They scored 10 out of their 11 goals from turnovers not contested footy, they are statistically horrible at it
I think this is why Clarkson is genius
Contested footy is negligible in finals because it's all contested, yet turnovers skyrocket due to the pressure and this where the Hawks score from
Clarkson is a genius and based on that stat I'm loading up on them for the flag again

I'm certain this is why we are desperate for Hibberd and also got Melksham
The games slanted to turnovers now because the zone is scrambled and you can exploit it, whilst clearances and contested footy are good it provides both sides equal opportunity to score and it's more random which is why we are up and down because it's hard to consistently score MORE than your opposition from it

We need to tackle more and mark the ball more because contested footy now isn't that important and Clarkson is just taking the piss with the competition
I'm not sold on the Hawks. I think they can be cracked open this year. Would back GWS against them in a GF. Having said that I hate Hawthorn and have incorrectly tipped against them close to ten times this year. So yeah, Hawks for the flag.

I'm not sold on the Hawks. I think they can be cracked open this year. Would back GWS against them in a GF. Having said that I hate Hawthorn and have incorrectly tipped against them close to ten times this year. So yeah, Hawks for the flag.

GWS won't make the Grand Final this year
Not many teams have gotten straight to a GF in their first season of finals

GWS too 1 dimensional. They're not good enough yet.

They need to teach Jeremy Cameron how to play like a forward again and stop cherry picking goals out the back
I get the impression he's a bit thick so might take a while.

Just imagine if Buddy had gone there though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are done. Wheels are falling off. Danger is a freak but he's one man. Way too many blokes willing to sit back and let Danger and Selwood do the hard stuff.

I'm expecting them out week 1 of finals.

Geelong are done. Wheels are falling off. Danger is a freak but he's one man. Way too many blokes willing to sit back and let Danger and Selwood do the hard stuff.

I'm expecting them out week 1 of finals.

They just aren't that good
They were up and running in the early part of the year while the Hawks took the piss, now the real stuff is happening they've been shown up for average side they are
If they hadn't traded for Danger they'd be no better than us this year

They just aren't that good
They were up and running in the early part of the year while the Hawks took the piss, now the real stuff is happening they've been shown up for average side they are
If they hadn't traded for Danger they'd be no better than us this year
Nah, they were scintillating those first 6 weeks or so, but the players have stopped trying. Beyond Danger and to an extent Selwood there's just no form line for individuals. One bloke will stand up and then turn off. Then another. Then another.

They're in strife. Sold the farm for Danger+Hendo and they won't win it this year. Backline isnt getting younger. This was the year, all in, let's go. Now they have no tradeable assets as not only did they give up 2015+16 firsts but also the right to trade their 2017 1st due to the 4 year rule. Can't see all of Enright, Mackie and Bartel going again, and their half back line outside of those three is pus. Guthrie is useless off there too.

They'll have to score a HBF in FA...wonder if they'll go for Grimes.

I've never seen a midfielder carry a side as much as Danger is carrying this cats side, they would have lost Freo without him
Fact is Guthrie, Motlop, Duncan, Hawkins aren't that good and their senior blokes aren't the players they once were
* I hope we finish above them next year

I've never seen a midfielder carry a side as much as Danger is carrying this cats side, they would have lost Freo without him
Fact is Guthrie, Motlop, Duncan, Hawkins aren't that good and their senior blokes aren't the players they once were
**** I hope we finish above them next year
I don't think it helps that Geelong nutritionists logic appears to be "eat all the burgers"

Hey Tigers...
VIBouWW.gif

Bernie matches up well on Dangerfield, assuming he doesn't get rubbed out for a dumb elbow the week before we should beat the Cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back