MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else think Richmond will be bottom 4 next year?

More likely to play finals
Only older bloke they have is Deledio, the rest of their side is young or in their prime

They have had a down year but they are still capable of making finals IMO
If they can do something similar to Geelong I could easily see them back to the finals
I.E Prestia, Barlow + Mundy and Marchbank

More likely to play finals
Only older bloke they have is Deledio, the rest of their side is young or in their prime

They have had a down year but they are still capable of making finals IMO
If they can do something similar to Geelong I could easily see them back to the finals
I.E Prestia, Barlow + Mundy and Marchbank
Mundy? As in Freos captain? Since when is he on the move?

Thought Freo were real farked for a second there. Would be a typical thing for Richmond to do. Pick up Barlow and Mayne and then their careers stall. I reckon I'd be wary of both.

I put zero thought into available players I was just trying to think of similar to Selwood/Danger/Smith/Hendo

Maybe Grimes from us instead of Mayne but Barlow is still capable

I put zero thought into available players I was just trying to think of similar to Selwood/Danger/Smith/Hendo

Maybe Grimes from us instead of Mayne but Barlow is still capable
Yeah I hear ya. They need to get rid of some players too for some trade currency. If they could trade Ellis, Conca, Vickery and land 3 2nd rounders they'd be in a good position to trade with an Academy club who need points. Look at landing one of Prestia, Omeara, Lobbe.

Who know whether they'd get those picks but I reckon they need to cut some dead weight before they can land anyone good

Yeah I hear ya. They need to get rid of some players too for some trade currency. If they could trade Ellis, Conca, Vickery and land 3 2nd rounders they'd be in a good position to trade with an Academy club who need points. Look at landing one of Prestia, Omeara, Lobbe.

Who know whether they'd get those picks but I reckon they need to cut some dead weight before they can land anyone good

Hawks might throw 36 for Vickery and use him like Hale
Conca could find some use from someone needing midfield depth and Ellis has potential that hasn't been utilized.. Adelaide maybe interested cause they bat thin through the middle

Still Rance Riewoldt Cotchin Martin are all young enough that they don't have to completely rebuild .. just re adjust their list and bring some slightly younger blokes in
Don't think they need to hit the draft for 28 year olds they should be chasing Prestia and Co IMO

Mayne is an interesting one, one i think we should explore.

A couple of years ago he was a key to their success, great kick at goal and his forward pressure was fantastic, the wheels have fallen off, think he just needs a change of scenery. Would be on the cheap and a midsized/lead up/good hands forward which we lack.

I remember the time we played Jordie McKenzie on him at full back, ohhh, how time flies when youre having fun! :)

A couple of years ago he was a key to their success, great kick at goal and his forward pressure was fantastic, the wheels have fallen off, think he just needs a change of scenery. Would be on the cheap and a midsized/lead up/good hands forward which we lack.

I remember the time we played Jordie McKenzie on him at full back, ohhh, how time flies when youre having fun! :)

I canvassed this a month ago and got scared off when someone mentioned his age. But now we are closer to finals its something Id explore because we would be near the bottom for goals from F50 turnovers IMO

I canvassed this a month ago and got scared off when someone mentioned his age. But now we are closer to finals its something Id explore because we would be near the bottom for goals from F50 turnovers IMO

He's only 27, not exactly old, i wouldnt be scared off by someone who is 27, especially when we can probably get him for sweet FA.

He didn't have the greatest year last year, though did personally destroy us at the G. He hasn't had a great year this year, but who at Freo has? I've never thought he is a spud and if we could get him cheaply, would be worth looking at. The worst thing that happens is that he becomes depth if he doesn't offer enough to be best 22 each week. And depth is pretty important. We've had a good year in terms of injury in 2016 but can't expect luck every year. And someone has to suck up those bits of salary cap to get us up to the minimum. We can't surely give all of it to Terlich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's still on GWS. Hard to say because I think he might have piped down the last 48 hours - probably because he is saving Cambodia while in one on ones with Eddie Macguire about canny investment. God it's a laugh watching other posters get sick of him then attempt to troll him with insults about supporting a plastic franchise like GWS. He responds confusingly with stuff about being in agreement with the CEO and Paul Roos on everything, and then he puts the word money in bold and ends in a winkey face. Confuses the s**t out of everyone. I can't believe he used to annoy me because as obscure technique trolls go, I take my hat off. He's out of the box.

Can we get the mods to let him back? Maybe for a set amount of time guest appearance for a special thread called "Ask Whoooo". Time limited obviously.
Unless you want to watch me have another public aneurysm over his unwillingness to actually engage what we're talking about instead of his negative anti-negativity views, then no.

I have gotta say no to Mayne. He played his role in the incredible machine that was Freo in 2013-14.

That game plan favoured honest grinders and helps forwards because they won with only kicking ~10 goals a game.

He's unreliable around goal and goes missing for long periods. I'm all for giving the guy a second chance but let it be somewhere else.

Unless you want to watch me have another public aneurysm over his unwillingness to actually engage what we're talking about instead of his negative anti-negativity views, then no.

Striker got mod powers now, letting it all go to his head. :p

(i would too)

Might have to barrack for Collingwood next week as long as we get up...Hawthorn at the G again is just about the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back