MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that year went quick...
Im starting a countdown untill round1, because i have white line fever
You and me both. Most excited I've been about football and specifically MFC in years.

I burned out a little toward the end of last year as a 2nd year mfc member. The travel was getting me.

But i'm recharged and ready for this season. All stations are go!

Aiming to get to 5 games in round 1 work and uni permitting
Thats every Victorian game, Looking at the fixture I may do the first 4 games but North Vs West Coast on Sunday I wouldn't bother with.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thats every Victorian game, Looking at the fixture I may do the first 4 games but North Vs West Coast on Sunday I wouldn't bother with.

I'm actually intrigued by North vs Eagles, and I'm praying since its North they'll give away free tickets :D . Doing the double header on Saturday with a Bombers mate, although I'd imagine he'll have to leave early in the last and I won't get to Dons/Hawks until about halfway into the 1st. Will be a huge crowd at the G that night.

I'm actually intrigued by North vs Eagles, and I'm praying since its North they'll give away free tickets :D . Doing the double header on Saturday with a Bombers mate, although I'd imagine he'll have to leave early in the last and I won't get to Dons/Hawks until about halfway into the 1st. Will be a huge crowd at the G that night.
I'd rather watch Adelaide and GWS, reckon that game should be a cracker. I want to do the double header too but what a terrible time our game starts at 4:35, Sydney and Port start at the same time and no other game on earlier than that, surely we could of had a 2:10 start.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd rather watch Adelaide and GWS, reckon that game should be a cracker. I want to do the double header too but what a terrible time our game starts at 4:35, Sydney and Port start at the same time and no other game on earlier than that, surely we could of had a 2:10 start.

Fair call on Crows vs GWS, I think I'll record it, do my best to avoid scores and watch it when I'm home. Agree on the times, no idea why they didn't give the Swans a 4:35 over us, they did it last year as well so it isn't like they don't want the Swans playing twilight fixtures. Still shouldn't be TOO bad, reckon I'll miss first 15 minutes.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
this year, my resolution (not that do that s**t) is to only go to our home Sunday games, unless theres a Saturday Night home game that permits me to attend. Or of course the QB or Before ANZAC Day v Richmond. (lol wouldn't miss either of those, because I hate colllingwood and I love watching Richmond lose)
Ive been a member for 13 years consecutively, although ive only paid for those last two years myself.

My dad said if I didnt Support the dees I wouldnt have a roof over my head (not like i had an option)

this year, my resolution (not that do that s**t) is to only go to our home Sunday games, unless theres a Saturday Night home game that permits me to attend. Or of course the QB or Before ANZAC Day v Richmond. (lol wouldn't miss either of those, because I hate colllingwood and I love watching Richmond lose)
Ive been a member for 13 years consecutively, although ive only paid for those last two years myself.

My dad said if I didnt Support the dees I wouldnt have a roof over my head (not like i had an option)
The only saturday night home game we have, is in darwin

astrodee

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa. Melbourne renegades
My 60th year of membership. Won't go to too many games this year. The cacophony blaring out of the far too many speakers has started to drive me mad.
I just hope this is not another of the many false dawns I've lived through following this club.
I've attended 7 GF's for 4 flags (should have been 5) and two horrible thrashings. Want to see my 5th before I hit the other side.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

Hahahha, same with me!

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
If there was some sort of Darwin-esque Award for football players careers, Xavier Richards surely deserves one!

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?i...]=5845&cHash=f6ed4d58e53d84ab8fe32a7a668d7eda

So after leaving a contract extension on the table from the Swans to unsuccessfully return home to Melbourne, a decision that has very likely killed his AFL career, he's going to spend the year playing for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL ... what?

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
If there was some sort of Darwin-esque Award for football players careers, Xavier Richards surely deserves one!

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews[year]=2017&tx_ttnews[month]=01&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5845&cHash=f6ed4d58e53d84ab8fe32a7a668d7eda

So after leaving a contract extension on the table from the Swans to unsuccessfully return home to Melbourne, a decision that has very likely killed his AFL career, he's going to spend the year playing for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL ... what?

Must be going to commute from Melbourne - you know - to avoid having to live in expensive Sydney... :drunk:

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews[year]=2017&tx_ttnews[month]=01&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5845&cHash=f6ed4d58e53d84ab8fe32a7a668d7eda

I still have no idea why he didn't take that extension. Wasn't showing any sort of remarkable ability and had 2 years on the table at an assumed rate of about 150k p/a.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I still have no idea why he didn't take that extension. Wasn't showing any sort of remarkable ability and had 2 years on the table at an assumed rate of about 150k p/a.
I'd imagine he'd be of a similar mind at this point to be honest.

It's staggering that it even came to that, a trade request with a few days to go when there are no other suitors is absolute stupidity. Even not signing the extension without any other interest isn't smart.

Makes you wonder whether it was a poorly orchestrated ploy to bump up his contract that backfired severely when it turned out Sydney didn't really care either way.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Poor old Jimmy Hird not travelling too well it seems.

There was an incredible level of scrutiny and criticism levelled at the guy, and he's obviously done quite a bit of dough on the legals.

You just can't help but feel that he kept digging when he should have manned up though. Now it's finally crashing down on him.

I genuinely hope he's ok though. Poor form from some media outlets camped outside his family home last night.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Poor old Jimmy Hird not travelling too well it seems.

There was an incredible level of scrutiny and criticism levelled at the guy, and he's obviously done quite a bit of dough on the legals.

You just can't help but feel that he kept digging when he should have manned up though. Now it's finally crashing down on him.

I genuinely hope he's ok though. Poor form from some media outlets camped outside his family home last night.

There has been some huge fall from grace sports stories over the years, but this is the biggest seen in AFL. He was the absolute golden child of football. It really is hard to believe where he is right now. Ive been a massive critic of him and the EFC over the past few years, but i genuinely hope he pulls through ok and that his family is left alone through this horrible time. Whether the incident is a cry for help or a genuine attempt to take his life, he is clearly in a world of hurt. I wish him and his family all the best.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There has been some huge fall from grace sports stories over the years, but this is the biggest seen in AFL. He was the absolute golden child of football. It really is hard to believe where he is right now. Ive been a massive critic of him and the EFC over the past few years, but i genuinely hope he pulls through ok and that his family is left alone through this horrible time. Whether the incident is a cry for help or a genuine attempt to take his life, he is clearly in a world of hurt. I wish him and his family all the best.

Yeah, I guess it would be like Nathan Fyfe doing the same thing 15 years from now for those too young to remember Hirds ability on field

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gary Ablett Snr went close, with his antics including the drug overdose death of the young girl he was with.

Social media wasn't as prevalent back then and the level of media consumed was far less.

Ricky Nixon gave it a good crack too.

Gary Ablett Snr went close, with his antics including the drug overdose death of the young girl he was with.

Social media wasn't as prevalent back then and the level of media consumed was far less.

Ricky Nixon gave it a good crack too.
Duck was probably the closest in terms of outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back