MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on the other side of town Adelaide crows are going ballistic after Rory Sloane was on local radio and would not confirm he would resign with Adelaide until he worked things through with his wife. Inspiring quotes like "gone" "we are ****ed if he goes" "sounds just like danger" "adios" "he must be worth 2 first round picks" are echoing through the streets and threads of Adelaide faster than Tex can say...... DUH?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Port are extremely over rated IMO. Don't have the ticker to win a flag in that group. Adding 3 guys the parent clubs weren't overly interested in keeping doesn't make the flay contenders. If hooker goes back for the bombers and they can get some inside grunt working the bombers are far more likely.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Port are extremely over rated IMO. Don't have the ticker to win a flag in that group. Adding 3 guys the parent clubs weren't overly interested in keeping doesn't make the flay contenders. If hooker goes back for the bombers and they can get some inside grunt working the bombers are far more likely.
only way they have inside grunt is if they turn zaharakis into an ins9de mid

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
only way they have inside grunt is if they turn zaharakis into an ins9de mid

They should have given stringers money to rockliff.
I'll eat humble pie if I'm wrong but we will finish above Port next year. I reckon they will just make the 8 with their home record and still be flakey against the good sides. Rockliff is there best signing and they don't lack for inside players anyway.

100% this.
I've been blown away by the sudden Port flag favouritism on the back of them landing Watts and Motlop.
Two blokes who have been career underachievers - give me a spell.
Rockliff will make a difference but they have 4 of him already so isn't the difference between this year and a flag.
And if Trent McKenzie battles for a spot in GC's side then he ain't the future either - I don't give a f*** how far he kicks it, doesn't matter if he only gets it 4 times.

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
100% this.
I've been blown away by the sudden Port flag favouritism on the back of them landing Watts and Motlop.
Two blokes who have been career underachievers - give me a spell.
Rockliff will make a difference but they have 4 of him already so isn't the difference between this year and a flag.
And if Trent McKenzie battles for a spot in GC's side then he ain't the future either - I don't give a f*** how far he kicks it, doesn't matter if he only gets it 4 times.

Not to mention that Rockliff will only make a difference if he is out there. Has a bit of a history with injury.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I think the old "If he played in Melbourne he's be considered a star" theory that gets used for a bunch of interstate players has actually worked the other way for Rockliff. He's a pretty good player, but I think his ability gets overblown by people looking at his stats sheet, and his SC scores, and not actually watching him play.

For mine, he's similar to Treloar, in that with the exception of the goal or two he might pop up and kick on you, you don't need to pay him too much attention as the bulk of his touches are cheap and ineffectual.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Into a bin huh? He’s a strangely thoughtful drunk, I’ll give him that...

As someone who has gotten drunk a lot, and as a result had to pee in public a lot...... if you are getting caught doing it by cops you've got even fewer brain cells than the average town drunk. Its seriously up there with Graeme Polak getting hit by a tram..... its not like the things can swerve to hit you!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
As someone who has gotten drunk a lot, and as a result had to pee in public a lot...... if you are getting caught doing it by cops you've got even fewer brain cells than the average town drunk. Its seriously up there with Graeme Polak getting hit by a tram..... its not like the things can swerve to hit you!

I'm yet to meet the person who's decision making improves drunk. I got caught over here, pub had closed and I couldn't wait for the taxi so whipped it out and midstream heard the old 'what's going on over there'
Best part of being aussie over here is giving them old sorry mate I had a couple too many and basically being given free license to do anything.

Damn people in WA are outraged Perth Stadium will be now called Optus Stadium next year. They do know it's just sponsorship and a name right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back