MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Can’t wait to watch Carlton on Friday nights...
It will be dire.

While it would be nice for the club bottom line and all, I wasn’t that put out when we didn’t get lots of Friday night. We will just have to win enough to force the issue.

But it is annoying for Carlton to take up so much Friday space. Theoretically there is no better feeling then getting to the end of the week, opening a beer and settling in front of a decent neutral game. Great way to start the weekend. The number of times this year I was looking forward to doing just that, then realising it was going to be another Carlton match. Another year of switching off after the first quarter and having to make do with streaming bad episodes of Bloodine series 3 :(

I'm hearing whispers of Caro about to have a field day with some extra marital gossip surrounding a certain AFL exec.

Give it a few days..
And now apparently Gil leaves AFL House for Crown...

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Magpie Jamie Elliot has been sent off for scans after a training mishap this morning. no other details available as yet.
I suspect a brain scan was recommended after he pissed on the man on the mark, in a bag of sherrins, then Buckley’s Gatorade.

Edit: I’m going to feel bad about this comment if he has a serious injury, aren’t I?

I suspect a brain scan was recommended after he pissed on the man on the mark, in a bag of sherrins, then Buckley’s Gatorade.

Edit: I’m going to feel bad about this comment if he has a serious injury, aren’t I?
Don't feel bad he got his penis stuck in a fidget spinner

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
A big blow for Carlton with Sam Docherty rupturing his ACL at training on Wednesday.

I feel so bad for doc, i have played footy against his Phillip Island many times, havnt played against him (he played seniors when i played under 18s, and hes got a couple years on me)

As if we are not going to chase gus brayshaws brother during the draft?
Andrew is expected to go high, i don't think he'll make it to our second round selection. Hamish i wouldn't mind picking up cheap, then later in life we play for a trade, especially if brisbane pick up Andrew

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
So he did get injured then? Originally they were saying the scan was precautionary.
To be fair, Collingwood are so bad with their communication (to their fans by way of the media) regarding player injuries, Elliott could have gone off for a scan with his dismembered foot in Bucks' lunch cooler, and they'd still call it "precautionary"

One of my best mates is a Collingwood fan and it drives him mad. I emailed him yesterday with words to the effect of "Elliott left training for a precautionary scan, Collingwood say it's no big deal ... so clearly he is dead"

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
To be fair, Collingwood are so bad with their communication (to their fans by way of the media) regarding player injuries, Elliott could have gone off for a scan with his dismembered foot in Bucks' lunch cooler, and they'd still call it "precautionary"

One of my best mates is a Collingwood fan and it drives him mad. I emailed him yesterday with words to the effect of "Elliott left training for a precautionary scan, Collingwood say it's no big deal ... so clearly he is dead"
They are a strange and secretive mob. I’m hoping for a playing with my dog story from at least one Pie over summer. Hope it’s Howe again.

What thread are we in? Ah. 2017 Finals. I guess this one may as well be used for any old misc, much good has it done us...

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I feel so bad for doc, i have played footy against his Phillip Island many times, havnt played against him (he played seniors when i played under 18s, and hes got a couple years on me)

Used to go to school with him and play against him. Phillip island was always my favourite ground to play on and the best place in the league for after the game as well.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm hearing whispers of Caro about to have a field day with some extra marital gossip surrounding a certain AFL exec.

Give it a few days..

That's all she and 3/4 of the AFL media are, British tabloid journalists. Honestly who gives a * if and exec had an affair what has that got to do with 22 people kicking a ball around on a weekend. If Caro was given 10 minutes in front of a camera to tell us about the tactics of a game 9 minutes would be dead air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back