MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's all she and 3/4 of the AFL media are, British tabloid journalists. Honestly who gives a **** if and exec had an affair what has that got to do with 22 people kicking a ball around on a weekend. If Caro was given 10 minutes in front of a camera to tell us about the tactics of a game 9 minutes would be dead air.

I'm not a Caro fan. I agree with most of what youve said.

Id love to challenge her to write a single article about an actual football game.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm not a Caro fan. I agree with most of what youve said.

Id love to challenge her to write a single article about an actual football game.
I wouldn’t. I have no doubt it would be terrible.

She’s a gossip writer - who occasionally tries to masquerade as a credible ‘investigative’ reporter but she’s nothing of the sort. Her interest is scandal - and in trying to persuade her audience that stuff that is of negligible interest and, often, nobodies business, is a story of public interest and deserves the nations outrage.

Sorry. I didn’t really know I felt that strongly on the topic, but I’m not a fan of her ilk.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I wouldn’t. I have no doubt it would be terrible.

She’s a gossip writer - who occasionally tries to masquerade as a credible ‘investigative’ reporter but she’s nothing of the sort. Her interest is scandal - and in trying to persuade her audience that stuff that is of negligible interest and, often, nobodies business, is a story of public interest and deserves the nations outrage.

Sorry. I didn’t really know I felt that strongly on the topic, but I’m not a fan of her ilk.

As much as I hate Caro she's not alone, that's the first job of an AFL reporter these days is tell us how s**t the game and the people are first before they enjoy the game second. I stumbled across an English soccer YouTube channel that's run by some 20 year old kids who do analysis on games/transfers and all things soccer. It blew my mind how much I learned listening to these kids talk tactics etc like they were literally better at talking about the game than any AFL journos.

I could go on for months about it in this country but I reckon you could learn more about AFL if you took the best of big footy than if you watched all of the Fox and 7 coverage.

In what is early oppo watch, Selwood got sent off in the IRS game which could warrant and AFL suspension. I don't think he has a case to answer though

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
In what is early oppo watch, Selwood got sent off in the IRS game which could warrant and AFL suspension. I don't think he has a case to answer though

I didn't like the look of it, it's not like they are playing for sheep stations. Its' meant to be, well I thought it was meant to be, a good natured and respectful contest. Not whacking guys when they are open for a free hit.

I do wonder if the Irish player had suffered a serious concussion or other injury if Selwood would have got suspended. He did leave his feet, aim for the head and was late.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I didn't like the look of it, it's not like they are playing for sheep stations. Its' meant to be, well I thought it was meant to be, a good natured and respectful contest. Not whacking guys when they are open for a free hit.

I do wonder if the Irish player had suffered a serious concussion or other injury if Selwood would have got suspended. He did leave his feet, aim for the head and was late.

It was a slightly late bump that I'm not even sure got him in the head. In AFL the bloke would have braced and not much would have came from it where as in this the bloke just left himself wide open.
The Irish were quite capable of dumping a few of the smaller blokes after tackles as well so let's not just go after the big bad Australians.

Hugh Greenwood - Adelaide out of training until the new year with an Achilles operation doing the job.
Was hanging out with Lever a day or two ago too.

I don't like him but his mark was the clearest winner of mark of the year ever.
True. But dont ******* continually sook about it

He was probably asked about it by the media and then they took the grab and boom story.
Saw the interview, you are right media have blown it up, Howe was joking and seemed embarrassed by the question "have you got over not getting mark of the year yet." Not much in it for mine.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Saw the interview, you are right media have blown it up, Howe was joking and seemed embarrassed by the question "have you got over not getting mark of the year yet." Not much in it for mine.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

There's a reason all players have any ounce of personality beaten out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back