MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm shocked to be sitting here.

There's a reason all players have any ounce of personality beaten out of them.
Rubbish.

Howe is the poster man for not having the personality beaten out of him. He’s still a dickhead.

He was probably asked about it by the media and then they took the grab and boom story.
They get media training for this reason.

Stand by my call. He is a dick bag

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Rubbish.

Howe is the poster man for not having the personality beaten out of him. He’s still a dickhead.

No but he gets laid into by people here calling him a dick for talking about his mark of the year like they would prefer he says 'aw yeah the team was Allright' and 'I'm just grateful to be hear' then left.

That's why clubs stop their players from talking because any comment is blown out of context.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
No but he gets laid into by people here calling him a dick for talking about his mark of the year like they would prefer he says 'aw yeah the team was Allright' and 'I'm just grateful to be hear' then left.

That's why clubs stop their players from talking because any comment is blown out of context.
No they don’t. Clearly Collingwood didn’t stop him.

All employers instruct people who work for them what is appropriate to say when representing your employer. Whoop de do.

The reason lots of sports interviews are bland and boring is because lots of sports people, and lots of people, are bland and boring. Or they’re not boring at all, but freeze up in those scenarios - like Doug Walters.

And plenty of players continue to say dumb things, constantly, so they can’t be victims of some conspiracy of silence.

Anyway, who cares? If you like Bach you go to see St John’s Passion, not listen to 30 minutes of J.S.B. doing standup

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
No they don’t. Clearly Collingwood didn’t stop him.

All employers instruct people who work for them what is appropriate to say when representing your employer. Whoop de do.

The reason lots of sports interviews are bland and boring is because lots of sports people, and lots of people, are bland and boring. Or they’re not boring at all, but freeze up in those scenarios - like Doug Walters.

And plenty of players continue to say dumb things, constantly, so they can’t be victims of some conspiracy of silence.

Anyway, who cares? If you like Bach you go to see St John’s Passion, not listen to 30 minutes of J.S.B. doing standup

Not so sure. The availability and scope of media these days requires a lot more material to fill their boots. Players still say daft, boring or innocuous things, but now we have the technology and the outlets to hear about every single occurrence. When comments get dissected and discussed for hours and hours in the following week, random and possibly incorrect conclusions get drawn and players get scrutinized over next to nothing, I can see why people are gunshy and typically play a straight bat to media questions. Media "journalists" have all the training they need yet can ask incredibly stupid, inane or leading questions and make ridiculous comments, but having editorial power covers most of their professional faux pas.

Doug Walters didn't freeze up, he was just too drunk to say anything.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Not so sure. The availability and scope of media these days requires a lot more material to fill their boots. Players still say daft, boring or innocuous things, but now we have the technology and the outlets to hear about every single occurrence. When comments get dissected and discussed for hours and hours in the following week, random and possibly incorrect conclusions get drawn and players get scrutinized over next to nothing, I can see why people are gunshy and typically play a straight bat to media questions. Media "journalists" have all the training they need yet can ask incredibly stupid, inane or leading questions and make ridiculous comments, but having editorial power covers most of their professional faux pas.

Doug Walters didn't freeze up, he was just too drunk to say anything.
Was Walters a piss artist? Probably a stupid question.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

We booked him for my old cricket club's 115th year celebration and he was so drunk he could barely speak. I wasn't there but it was pretty sad to see by all accounts.

He named one of his books 'One For the Road'. I remember buying it for the old man for his birthday. He pretended he liked it.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We booked him for my old cricket club's 115th year celebration and he was so drunk he could barely speak. I wasn't there but it was pretty sad to see by all accounts.
That’s very sad. I think going to watch his century in a session at the WACA is one of my top 10 time travel plans.

Obviously going to William Hill the day before to put everything on his getting a century in a session the day before is up there too.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
suprised Sam Collins didnt get picked up looked good in few games i seen him play. wtf is port doing picking up Thomas i know hope they fail miserably

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
This is training related.
Ive started working out, went out an bought my first gym membership.
Its a 24HR gym, which works for me since i work nights.

which works for me. I can finish work, can go and get build like Trac (Preferably)
Very optimistic, see how long it takes till the optimism wears off (HA, optimism wearing off during the year, couldn't be the Melbourne season surely not??)

My old man was commenting on how "if i put in a bit of work, i could have a serviceable rig".
I haven't been to a gym since i was like 19. That was 4 years ago. So stuff him, i will come back looking like a tank. Thats what im aiming for.
If after 3 months i have gains, i can opt to re commit.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

which works for me. I can finish work, can go and get build like Trac (Preferably)
Very optimistic, see how long it takes till the optimism wears off (HA, optimism wearing off during the year, couldn't be the Melbourne season surely not??)

My old man was commenting on how "if i put in a bit of work, i could have a serviceable rig".
I haven't been to a gym since i was like 19. That was 4 years ago. So stuff him, i will come back looking like a tank. Thats what im aiming for.

Have you changed your eating habits as well?

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

Your in your 20s? ive started hitting it again recently in my 30s and everything just aches most of the time.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Have you changed your eating habits as well?
Not really. My diets balanced. I mainly live of pasta, rice and veg

I've got a naturally fast metabolism which many people have told me how enviable it is.

But for me I need to gain weight.
Couple the fast metabolism with my sever lactose intolerance, just makes gaining either weight or muscle really hard.
I don't drink milk or any of the soy, Almold, rice milk variants, because i don't like the taste. I can't drink protein shakes (or whey powder).

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

I've got a naturally fast metabolism which many people have told me how enviable it is.

Couple the fast metabolism with my sever lactose intolerance, just makes gaining either weight or muscle really hard.
I don't drink milk or any of the soy, Almold, rice milk variants, because i don't like the taste. I can't drink protein shakes (or whey powder).
Sounds like you need more protein in your diet if you want to put on bulk. Steak, chicken, fish, eggs etc.

Was the same, once you hit 25 you'll turn into lard. Trust me.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Took a BMI test just then, being 6Foot1 23 year old thats underweight isn't fantastic.
Im mainly just getting in shape so I stopped getting overlooked by the woman in the life

Was the same, once you hit 25 you'll turn into lard. Trust me.
Thanks strike, i needed that assurance, when the lard hits, i will have somthing to work with.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Took a BMI test just then, being 6Foot1 23 year old thats underweight isn't fantastic.
Im mainly just getting in shape so I stopped getting overlooked by the woman in the life

Thanks strike, i needed that assurance, when the lard hits, i will have somthing to work with.
I remember Daniel Negraneau (pomer player) did a thing on his fitness. Basically he did nothing but weights for 3 years to get size, then started the cardio to shape it all up.

Opposite to me who looks at food and gains weight... plus the good ole relationship middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back