MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The bulldogs aren't dissimilar to us in that they have fantastic periods in games, but aren't playing 4 quarters. They are also coming from behind the eight ball most weeks, which means they are always playing catch up. They can't seem to get in front by 3 - 4 goals so they can control the game. Feel it's got to turn for them if they keep working really hard.

If the bulldogs are out of form and still competing every week like this, then watch out if they hit a purple patch... when do we play them? :rainbow:
Yeah spot on, if they start putting it together for longer, they'll content again, likewise if we get it together, like last week really, we'll comfortably make the 8
What a way to waste my 1,000th post...on Majak of all players
mine was on Heretier ... so I feel your pain

I dunno. People forget that the dogs finished 7th last year. They had a great month at the right time but I didn't think they were a dominant side all year at all.

They are excellent at hanging around though, and never letting the deficit get too far out of hand.

Agree about the similarities with us. Play a similar sort of game too, all based on pressure and winning the hard ball.

I hate Selwood so much. Commentators never discuss the blatant diving he produces and gets rewarded for all game.

He doesn't dive, he "de-steels" his knee joints to lower the structural framework so that contact occurs to the non-load bearing member above the shoulder beam.

I dunno. People forget that the dogs finished 7th last year. They had a great month at the right time but I didn't think they were a dominant side all year at all.

They are excellent at hanging around though, and never letting the deficit get too far out of hand.

Agree about the similarities with us. Play a similar sort of game too, all based on pressure and winning the hard ball.

Agreed. Watching the Dogs, they're not a great side, but they're persistent and work hard. Fair bit of credit has to go to Beveridge for the way he gets some ordinary players to punch above their level.

I think they're a worse side with Cloke. He's a poor kick, lacking mobility and seems to be getting in the way more than he's making himself useful.

Tipped the Swans today. Saints have a tough few weeks ahead if they drop this one. Dogs on the rebound next week and Adelaide at AO after the bye.

Saints really struggling against the Swans possession gameplan, just like round 1. I've said it before but their gameplan is literally try harder than the opposition, they have NFI what to do when the game isn't played at breakneck speed.

Saints really struggling against the Swans possession gameplan, just like round 1. I've said it before but their gameplan is literally try harder than the opposition, they have NFI what to do when the game isn't played at breakneck speed.

They are good at two things. Pressure in the contest, and spread and run when they have the ball. If you just play keepings off and can hit targets they have no response.

They are good at two things. Pressure in the contest, and spread and run when they have the ball. If you just play keepings off and can hit targets they have no response.
Yup. Doesn't help that their F50 game plan is 'bomb it on the heads of the tall guys' rather than being willing to drop the eyes. Really easy to carve them up off half-back. Hibberd is going to destroy them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs have beaten 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th for 4 of their 5 wins (prior to the result of this sydney game).

Feel like the sky thunder is coming hard now. That Friday night game against Sydney looks to be of huge importance.

I've often thought them a bit one-dimensional but convinced myself that I was a bit biased because I've got a long complicated anti Saint history.

Swans could still win the flag imho. They've left it too late to make top 4, but I'd hate to be the team to play them in an elimination final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back