MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute disgrace that we've got the same number of wins as Hawthorn. Their percentage is 79.1 and ours is 108.6.
Yeah it is ... tho to be fair, should we win tomorrow, even if we don't win big, a game and 30% is basically two games clear. Certainly no secret that we should be a lot better placed tho.

Richmond to win in the most emphatic, hype-ridden way or **** it up in the last two minutes.

I have my fingers crossed. Don't want Essendon to win, but another sealing goal with 15 seconds to go against the Tigs would be hilarious.

I tipped the Dons tonight, but hey that means SFA this year. Coin toss game but I don't think Richmond will go with Essendon's precise kicking game for 4 quarters and Hurley will probably have 15 marks from all the long balls they send in.

Re: Friday night commentators, * me dead I am so sick of Bruce and co. Unabashed fanboy attitudes at every turn when Geelong, Hawthorn etc are involved.

Tim English = Flat Stanley

Anyone else watch the first quarter of St Kilda v Bulldogs? one of the worst quarters of football ive seen, bulldogs standing almost every player in st kildas forward 50, st kilda cant do anything except chip it around and around, when they do get a chance they refuse to go for goal and continue to handpass it around until turnover. st kilda dominate possessions by 40 but are behind, total rubbish football to watch.

Anyone else watch the first quarter of St Kilda v Bulldogs? one of the worst quarters of football ive seen, bulldogs standing almost every player in st kildas forward 50, st kilda cant do anything except chip it around and around, when they do get a chance they refuse to go for goal and continue to handpass it around until turnover. st kilda dominate possessions by 40 but are behind, total rubbish football to watch.
It isn't great, but the two qtrs I watched last night were probably worse so I'm coming in pretty well prepared.

I know I'm setting us up to lose today but although I think the dogs and saints are better than us we are a far better team to watch.
They are not too great to watch against each other. I noticed the same last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I come off as a flog but I said a month ago st kildas game plan is just to try harder then the opposition and they struggle if you slow the game down and just deny them the ball. We gave everyone the blueprint in round 1 and they've struggled against every team who has done it since.

Both teams seem to play in a lot of shitty games to watch, they're not bad sides obviously but just s**t viewing. At least we either strike awe or pity into the hearts of neutrals.
St Kilda in particular rely heavily on pressure - their midfield isn't the best so the focus on a high high tackle count, plus trying to move the ball quickly by hand, which makes for a vast scrappy mess. Then every now and then they slingshot quickly out the back and goal. It's not the sort of football I would prefer to view all the time. Dogs I prefer because they have a few awesome talents. Okay the, Bontempelli. But his form is slightly down on last year.

The dogs forward line reminds me of us at present, except for the obvious advantage of having Stringer in there. But otherwise they have to make it work however with odds and ends.

The strange thing is that supporters of both teams regard their team as hugely exciting and dashing to watch. Probably over listened to media cliches. I'm not that into it. So much of the game ends up a messy scramble.

St Kilda in particular rely heavily on pressure - their midfield isn't the best so the focus on a high high tackle count, plus trying to move the ball quickly by hand, which makes for a vast scrappy mess. Then every now and then they slingshot quickly out the back and goal. It's not the sort of football I would prefer to view all the time. Dogs I prefer because they have a few awesome talents. Okay the, Bontempelli. But his form is slightly down on last year.

The dogs forward line reminds me of us at present, except for the obvious advantage of having Stringer in there. But otherwise they have to make it work however with odds and ends.

The strange thing is that supporters of both teams regard their team as hugely exciting and dashing to watch. Probably over listened to media cliches. I'm not that into it. So much of the game ends up a messy scramble.

Impressive insight PG, agree completely. One thing we can't criticise Goody for is playing unattractive footy, when we've been on this year it's been awesome to watch.

Anyone else feel like Dom Tyson would be the perfect fit for St Kilda?

I think he'd be really good for a few clubs tbh. Essendon is another that comes to mind.

It isn't great, but the two qtrs I watched last night were probably worse so I'm coming in pretty well prepared.

Yeh most games on the SCG are pretty horrible given the tiny ground, more so now that every man and his dog need to be on top of the football. I get particularly sick of commentators raving about the huge 55m bombs. Surely we are all aware the 50m line at the SCG isn't really 50m, which is why almost any player can kick them from '50' at the SCG.

I like Bob Murphy but I'm not sure he's a national treasure. Him and his hamstrings are becoming our bizarre version of the royal couple.

I like Bob Murphy but I'm not sure he's a national treasure. Him and his hamstrings are becoming our bizarre version of the royal couple.

Probably should stop playing in Etihad. Last year ACL this year Serious Hamstring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back