MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUNNY! Good on him ... Have said it since October, he'll be their best recruit this year.

Their whole trade period was incredibly short sighted. It was the type of recruiting a team would do to make the final step towards a premiership, but they did it to make the step to finals, and keep Buckley in a job for another few years, but what about the season after?
Exactly. Reminds me of what Malthouse did when he got to Carlton, signing Liam Jones and Jason Tutt to three year deals. To be fair, Wells is elite when fit, but Mayne hasn't played good footy in a while. Both are on four year deals. If Collingwood want to salvage anything from the next four years, both of these recruits have to deliver otherwise they're looking at a 1 Million a year salary cap deficit until 2021

How long until the Essendon fans stop cheering their team just because they played?

Good result really, Essendon have their mini comeback ruined, and Collingwood spend some time patting themselves on the back and keep thinking they're better than they are.

How long until the Essendon fans stop cheering their team just because they played?

Good result really, Essendon have their mini comeback ruined, and Collingwood spend some time patting themselves on the back and keep thinking they're better than they are.
If they are 1-3 it'll start the rumbling.

So I moved house the weekend before Christmas. Rang foxtel to relocate my service - earliest they can do it is 22nd March. Which is crap but I'm paying nothing until it's hooked up again and at least I'll have it for footy season.

Didn't realise the JLT wouldn't be on free to air. So I figure no drama I'll use the free AFL live app and stream it to my TV. Find out AFL have blocked streaming from devices to TV (via apple TV etc).

As a last resort I concede and I'll just watch it on the AFL app on my tablet. Log in to that and find that due to licensing agreement - broadcasts to tablets only show in iPhone size.

So I sit there on my couch with my tv turned off watching a pre season game on a tablet with half the screen blocked out. Did this for 5 mins before cracking it, Saying * the afl and reading a book.

Hope it was a good game

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So I moved house the weekend before Christmas. Rang foxtel to relocate my service - earliest they can do it is 22nd March. Which is crap but I'm paying nothing until it's hooked up again and at least I'll have it for footy season.

Didn't realise the JLT wouldn't be on free to air. So I figure no drama I'll use the free AFL live app and stream it to my TV. Find out AFL have blocked streaming from devices to TV (via apple TV etc).

As a last resort I concede and I'll just watch it on the AFL app on my tablet. Log in to that and find that due to licensing agreement - broadcasts to tablets only show in iPhone size.

So I sit there on my couch with my tv turned off watching a pre season game on a tablet with half the screen blocked out. Did this for 5 mins before cracking it, Saying **** the afl and reading a book.

Hope it was a good game

Hope it was a good book.

So I sit there on my couch with my tv turned off watching a pre season game on a tablet with half the screen blocked out. Did this for 5 mins before cracking it, Saying **** the afl and reading a book.

Hope it was a good game

I also moved to a new house just before Christmas, and I explored the options of not getting Foxtel put on again ... it didn't take long to find out that they've now made it impossible to watch footy on your TV in any other way.

Have you thought about Foxtel Play? You should at least be able to watch it on your tablet.

Hope it was a good game

Glad you mentioned that as I've been thinking about getting a tablet so I can watch footy on something that isn't my phone. Anyone tried this with the Crownbet app? Wonder if it has the same issue.

Glad you mentioned that as I've been thinking about getting a tablet so I can watch footy on something that isn't my phone. Anyone tried this with the Crownbet app? Wonder if it has the same issue.
Does that still work? Given the reason for the change to the AFL app has come about because of the new Broadcast deal, the Crownbet app might have gotten the chop as well?

Does that still work? Given the reason for the change to the AFL app has come about because of the new Broadcast deal, the Crownbet app might have gotten the chop as well?

I couldn't watch it on the phone last night. Possible it has?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't watch it on the phone last night. Possible it has?
Looks likely then. There is really no other solid option than Foxtel, particularly in QLD, given how horrible the media coverage is up here. I also hate rugby league, so I'd go insane without Fox Footy.

Chris Mayne looked good though o_O
According to the MENSA/Collingwood members calling up SEN this morning, he'll be a premiership player by the end of the year ... Feel like I watched the wrong game last night.

Looks likely then. There is really no other solid option than Foxtel, particularly in QLD, given how horrible the media coverage is up here. I also hate rugby league, so I'd go insane without Fox Footy.

According to the MENSA/Collingwood members calling up SEN this morning, he'll be a premiership player by the end of the year ... Feel like I watched the wrong game last night.
Haha not from what I saw.
Unless he's playing til he's 50.... which is actually not that far off anyway.

Hope it was a good game

That sequence of events as described warrants an email to the AFL

Horrible media coverage plus we're inflicted with Gold Coast and Brisbane games on free to air every week. Worst place to be.

Horrible media coverage plus we're inflicted with Gold Coast and Brisbane games on free to air every week. Worst place to be.
Yep, Foxtel is the only way to go. I didn't actually get it put on at my new place until the end of Jan, at that point the Missus (a.k.a the Minister for War and Finance) was on board with it coming on so she could thrown on Doc McStuffins or whatever to keep the kids amused for a little bit so she could get some stuff done.

I'm trying to subscribe to the overseas AFL app which is the only way to watch it in Canada and it's not working. Have sent 7 emails and all they replied with was have you tried subscribing yet
I'm ******* pissed because I literally have no other way to watch it
But have you tried subscribing yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back