MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

So sorry to see Geelong lose another close one :shoutyoldman:

Nice of them to take some %age off the Hawks though with that late spell.

To be fair ... the difference between our last game against Geelong, and Hawthorn's game against Geelong is that Geelong didn't miss and shots for goal against us.
Geelong become mercurial when they play us. They were useless I50 today.

Can't score as freely as we do though. Don't think we're a flag contender but I don't think they'll go any closer than us.
Our defence isn't top 4 quality though, attack can fail in September more often than defence when the pressure is right up.

Our defence isn't top 4 quality though, attack can fail in September more often than defence when the pressure is right up.
Defence is where we've had the most instability this season tho. It's a shame we never got to see how we stacked up when things started to gel with Lever back there, and missing Hibberd for a few weeks isn't helping either.

You are right, you need a much stronger and more settle defence to make a big impact in September, but at least we know you have to score big get near us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'm not too fussed about our results in September this year. Get some experience and come out breathing fire on 2019. Gotta make it first. 9th on percentage would be the worst thing ever.

Tomahawk was kicking them blindfolded against us, then missed a sitter today. Add him to the Travis Cloke school of bullshit.

Topkent must be so conflicted. His boy Jack kicked 10.6 on his boy May. Strengthens his argument that Jack is the best forward in the league, weakens his argument that Steven May would make us a significantly better team.

Topkent must be so conflicted. His boy Jack kicked 10.6 on his boy May. Strengthens his argument that Jack is the best forward in the league, weakens his argument that Steven May would make us a significantly better team.

May probably had as much protection as a Swiss cheese condom but yah you would think you could stop someone getting 16 shots in modern footy lol.

I don’t mind Chris, but agree on Richo.

Problem is there aren’t many options. I don’t think Bucks will go back. They can’t have Brad with Chris already. Bolton has enough problems. Clarko would have told them to eff off. So that leaves Dimma, Woosha, Goody or Bevo.

Brad Scott has been on a number of times when Chris hasn't been available.

To be fair ... the difference between our last game against Geelong, and Hawthorn's game against Geelong is that Geelong didn't miss and shots for goal against us.

Lots of teams have accurate days against us. We can certainly give up marks in the corridor and running into wide open goals better than most sides.

Yeah but having both would be weird

I was trying to make a joke about Brad wearing a Geelong shirt on TV when Chris wanted a night off.

I was trying to make a joke about Brad wearing a Geelong shirt on TV when Chris wanted a night off.
I’m too busy getting angry at IKEA construction to laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back