MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been saying for weeks that Sydney just aren't very good. Our game against them has been talked up as part of a tough run home but I don't agree.
Incredibly they've been a lot worse at home this year ... but I certainly don't see them as the daunting task it was last year (even if we weren't missing half our best team). They've been doing just enough for most of the year, it was always going to be a matter of them either kicking into gear, or fading away when the whips started cracking ... I'm surprised, tho not the least bit upset its turned out to be the latter rather than the former

Incredibly they've been a lot worse at home this year ... but I certainly don't see them as the daunting task it was last year (even if we weren't missing half our best team). They've been doing just enough for most of the year, it was always going to be a matter of them either kicking into gear, or fading away when the whips started cracking ... I'm surprised, tho not the least bit upset its turned out to be the latter rather than the former
I honestly think at this point one of the sides on double-digit wins will miss. Just hope it isn't us.

Nothing more sure than GC coughing it up in the final quarter. Their last quarter's have been truly dreadful. I expect Swans to run over them..
:D

That was great. Genuine maturity by the suns to turn it around with 10 to go when the Swans were up and about. Miller, May, Weller were all excellent.

They match up very well on us, but they really ought to be playing Grundy and Rohan. Rohan is like Jeffy, plenty to criticise until you drop him and you realise he's dangerous. Grundy is great, keeps their backline in order.

They match up very well on us, but they really ought to be playing Grundy and Rohan. Rohan is like Jeffy, plenty to criticise until you drop him and you realise he's dangerous. Grundy is great, keeps their backline in order.
I reckon their match committee would be experiencing a significant amount of Grundy regret right now. Inexplicably played in the NEAFL this morning.

I don't hate on the Suns, i don't mind them. Good to see them get a win, they're not completely hopeless under Dew
I think Dew is their guy. He had them playing some pretty reasonable footy at the start of the season, but their schedule was absurd and got the better of them, and then the injuries started to kick in.

If they'd held the squad together heading into this latter part of the season with so many home games, they probably would have been able to finish off ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope that everybody loses and nobody has a good time.
I can promise you one thing, it will he the case for all Dees fans.

MfC + nice things = -1,000,000,000,000,000 on the Happtojoy scale of merriness.

Bombers tonight are Melbournesque.

Dominate everywhere except the scoreboard.

Edit: Disregard the above, we’d never get two goals in the last minute, unless it was against us that is.

The umpires have missed some very clear holding the ball calls. Frustrating even as a neutral, especially with all the talk of more rules being added to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back