MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically footy used to be like basketball, the ball would move freely from one end to the other. Now it's more like soccer, one team conceded field position and tries to play on the counter. It's boring as **** watching that style.
I don't disagree with this. Mostly because the game now is about athletes being able to run harder and longer than the opposition and primarily to make it harder for teams to score against you, rather than scoring yourselves.

However, I'm 100% against bringing in rules like zones and changing the size of the bloody goal square to magically 'fix' it.

I'm even more against ruining the integrity of a league that people actually watch by randomly choosing a game in which to just decide to play different rules, where all the other games that round play to a different field and set of rules. It's unbelievable to me that they did that.

If they bring these in, I'm absolutely done with it. I hope I'm not alone

I don't disagree with this. Mostly because the game now is about athletes being able to run harder and longer than the opposition and primarily to make it harder for teams to score against you, rather than scoring yourselves.

However, I'm 100% against bringing in rules like zones and changing the size of the bloody goal square to magically 'fix' it.

I'm even more against ruining the integrity of a league that people actually watch by randomly choosing a game in which to just decide to play different rules, where all the other games that round play to a different field and set of rules. It's unbelievable to me that they did that.

If they bring these in, I'm absolutely done with it. I hope I'm not alone

I was as big on the 'leave the game alone' train as anyone but even im wavering. I'd like to see them atleast try some things, that bloke you've got in your avatar wouldn't play in modern footy. Neither will any more exciting players if the game keeps going the way it is.

the extended goal square is an abomination. The other stuff I could care less about.

So the reason behind that is when a point is scored 50% of the time the attacking team scores again before it gets to halfway. So hey are trying to stop the ball getting stuck in one half of the field.

The only rule change i support is bringing the interchange cap down.

Even then though i'm not fussed with the current climate of the game.

The only rule change i support is bringing the interchange cap down.

Even then though i'm not fussed with the current climate of the game.
I’d bring the rotations down to ten a quarter and reduce the bench by one. Try that for a season to see what it does. If congestion is still an issue remove wings for the following year.

Be lucky to be 15000 to the Carlton game by the looks of it. Steven Silvagni and the match committee who thought just picking kids = success need to be fired. Carlton are horrific

Its almost like a GWS intra-club match.

GWS just stomped a mud-hole in Carlton and walked it dry

I like you dude - but sometimes it’s hard to entirely comprehend you.

Stomping I get - but is a mud hole a new arsehole?

If it is then what the hell is ealking it dry

I like you dude - but sometimes it’s hard to entirely comprehend you.

Stomping I get - but is a mud hole a new arsehole?

If it is then what the hell is ealking it dry

Its a pro-wrestling/WWE reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well ... we won't have to deal with Gaff in a few weeks ... he's just punched Andrew Brayshaw fair in the mouth ... blood pissing out everywhere.
yeah serious mistake by Gaff there. couple of big games coming up for the Eagles, including us, and he goes and does that. that could prove costly for them.

Well ... we won't have to deal with Gaff in a few weeks ... he's just punched Andrew Brayshaw fair in the mouth ... blood pissing out everywhere.

Angus Brayshaw has some extra incentive against the Eagles now. Just needs to temper it against the Swans next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back