MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge injury lists both times and were up to their eye balls going into the last both times.
Final margins don't always represent the quality of the game, last year against the tigers and cats we were the better team for the first 3 quarters and lost both comfortably in the end. Doesn't mean we were s**t for the whole game.

Plus I don't rate GWS at all, they are 2-12 on the MCG and one was when we lost by 10 goals in Roos first season.

I’m assuming you meant to quote me?

Guess the proof will be in the pudding but I still think the Pies are a bit overrated (I mean literally 14 of their 15 wins were against the bottom 10). I’m very happy we aren’t on the same side of the draw as GWS.

Eagles will get the first because of the travel don't they?
We'll see but I reckon you're right. WC on Friday and Rich on Saturday will avoid any 6 days breaks and mean that the travelling team gets the extra day rest for the grand final. Gil said at the start of the finals the way they had structured it was so that no team would have a 6 day break.

Last edited:
Found an interesting discussion on the Geelong board about rebuilding through the draft vs topping up here. Have a flick through and share your opinion, but honestly I'm yet to see a flag that was won through 'topping up', Hawks 3peat was built on a core they drafted THEN they filled holes with smart trading. Dogs and Richmond had the core of their side through the draft, Pies and Geelong the same.

Honestly think anyone who believes you can stay up forever through FA is naive, yes rebuilds can go wrong (See: melbourne, carlton) but you have to fully commit to the draft for a couple years whilst bringing in cheap experience that might not be half the player they used to be. I think the Saints stuffed this in that through their build they actually only got 2 top 5 picks that whole time, can argue the Gresham/Carlisle trade was a win (And it probably was) but imagine if they kept that pick and took Curnow? Topkent TheCount Cannon82 ThePuppetMaster keen to hear your thoughts in particular.

Unless we make the GF it will be either Hawks or WC likely getting smoked by the Tiges, which will be quite s**t.

I hadn't entertained the thought of us ever making it, but from a neutral perspective us playing would be the far better outcome. Otherwise it than it would be the 4th Hawthown GF or 6th interstate side likely losing to a Melb based team this decade.

whateley said something about JK having a knee injury and should be out for rest of season. i cant find anything on it i know shouldnt be looking past this week but thatd be great for us no sheppard or JK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate was singing this to me on friday night, during the third Quarter when the Cats got some sort of run on.
I sat there with NFI what they were on about.

Its kinda Catchy though

Ugh, now you made me have to look up "i love it when collingwood choke"

Wacky Wednesday. What a load of s**t.

Give me the Canterbury Bulldogs day over a s**t dress up.
What happens on the Canterbury Bulldogs day?

Actually yeah. Why the dress up? I think I would prefer to just get drunk in a dignified manner.

What happens on the Canterbury Bulldogs day?

Actually yeah. Why the dress up? I think I would prefer to just get drunk in a dignified manner.

They got so drunk at a pub that they were photographed passed out, vomiting and in their birthday suits.
Didn't hurt anyone and they were confined to a booked out pub but apparently they are still a disgrace according to the Australian media.

Meanwhile at Geelong grown men are dressing up in costumes and parading for the media, so the day is now a publicity exercise and not even for the players anymore.

I'd take the Canterbury one every day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back