MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly these articles the power spit out are a joke. Trenners hasn't had foot problems for 2 years now. His long distance running is fine its that it takes him 10 paces to accelerate now.
Port are the absolute worst with these articles, the take preseason optimism to disturbing levels of delusion.

Realistically, a Barry straight out of State League footy, and Trengove that rarely podium'ed in our Time Trials (as far as I recall) just shows that Port's fitness levels probably isn't fantastic so far this preseason.

The 3x1km's is a new one as well, with most doing a 2km in recent times ... I used to do a 5x1km ... so I'd be interested to see some times.

Honestly these articles the power spit out are a joke. Trenners hasn't had foot problems for 2 years now. His long distance running is fine its that it takes him 10 paces to accelerate now.

I don’t think he finished that high with us mate?

Good for him - obviously something is working for him

AFLX the AFL hybrid you can play on a rectangular field

AFL "Cool, lets have the Melbourne show case at Etihad stadium"
Might have been a stadium booking issue ... or more likely, they just bought the bloody stadium, and they'll be damned if they won't get their monies worth!!

Pretty sure it will be fine mate - ETIHAD has Soccer.
Yeah i know they do. it just seems weird to have this game that's built for rectangle fields to adapt an oval field for it.

Even though Etihad can do it easily, i feel that the whole prospect of this was meant to be exciting and open up to new venues, rather than dumping it at same old Etihad

Dunn and Howe in Pies leadership group. Love Dunny but geez they must be struggling if Howe is in there (Very good player at the Pies but don’t see the leadership qualities).
Where are the Pies at?

Dunn and Howe in Pies leadership group. Love Dunny but geez they must be struggling if Howe is in there (Very good player at the Pies but don’t see the leadership qualities).

Would have had the bin Jamie Elliot pissed in over Howe in the leadership group

Lol. What a rudderless disaster they have become under Bucks.

Unfair. Buckley's firm hand on the tiller is guiding the good ship Collywobbles into dangerous waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he was really good wasn't he. Would have preferred it to be his brother, but this still hurts them. Plus we've got GAJ's inevitable soft tissue injury to look forward to.
Just gotta hope JV is fit and decides to test his shoulder again.

Thought:

The AFL are priming North to become the Tassie team by 2030.

- North's women's team was predicated on playing multiple games in Tassie.
- Tassie football is publicly and openly struggling.
- AFL are hostile to the Hawthorn element of the Tasmania deal.
- North have a dedicated Tassie academy.
- North are still yet to have a real season of suffering - this year might be the first chance in a long time.

Supporter base drops off this year, huge success in 2019 in Tassie with the women's. Suddenly North have a marketing pitch for Tassie. Their membership primarily grows in Tassie.

It'll be a 4-4-3 setup. 4 games in Hobart. 4 in Launceston. 3 home games in Melbourne for the North fanbase here. Additional 5 'away' games in Melbourne.

Would be better off moving all the Gold Coast assets to Tassie. North are still viable in Melbourne. Don't see any reason they should be moved while their club is able to keep themselves afloat.

Would be better off moving all the Gold Coast assets to Tassie. North are still viable in Melbourne. Don't see any reason they should be moved while their club is able to keep themselves afloat.
Problem is the GC has 650,000 people. I think a 4-4-3 split can work with North as it will maintain a chunk of the Melbourne supporter base while picking up ~30-40k in Tassie. GC would pick up the Tassie element, but at the loss of the GC population.

Besides, the issue with GC isn't the location or supporters, it's that the joint has been mismanaged beyond anything else.

Thought:

The AFL are priming North to become the Tassie team by 2030.

- North's women's team was predicated on playing multiple games in Tassie.
- Tassie football is publicly and openly struggling.
- AFL are hostile to the Hawthorn element of the Tasmania deal.
- North have a dedicated Tassie academy.
- North are still yet to have a real season of suffering - this year might be the first chance in a long time.

Supporter base drops off this year, huge success in 2019 in Tassie with the women's. Suddenly North have a marketing pitch for Tassie. Their membership primarily grows in Tassie.

It'll be a 4-4-3 setup. 4 games in Hobart. 4 in Launceston. 3 home games in Melbourne for the North fanbase here. Additional 5 'away' games in Melbourne.
If North are getting groomed to go, the AFL needs to push them quicker

Problem is the GC has 650,000 people. I think a 4-4-3 split can work with North as it will maintain a chunk of the Melbourne supporter base while picking up ~30-40k in Tassie. GC would pick up the Tassie element, but at the loss of the GC population.

Besides, the issue with GC isn't the location or supporters, it's that the joint has been mismanaged beyond anything else.
It’ll be interesting to see how things go for GC from a supporter perspective when/if they start winning games and finals. Queenslanders are extremely fickle supporters and don’t bother with teams who don’t win. Back in the early 2000’s a Lions game was the hottest ticket in town. Recent times, they can’t give them away, seriously, I’ve seen someone walking around a football group waving a pile of tickets about asking who wants them with little response

I think you may be onto something with North tho, now you’ve highlighted it, there does seem to be a long con going on where a new season will roll around and Arden St will be deserted

I feel like 1900 and 1949 need to be red in your new sig just to make it look more like the yolk
Wow totally slipped my mind when i was looking at it. Consider it done

Perfect, now you’re sorted until we win the flag this year and it destroys your formatting
I feel like if i was entirely dedicated to the avatar i'd hype your using of the word perfect. But i'm certain only one user on this board would get the joke.

I get the feeling Willamstown is going to mess me up first, although Benalla just came runner up in last years GF. Either way Melbourne is the safest bet for least likely to screw up my signature

Remove this Banner Ad

Back