MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Alan Richardson doesn't keep the same weekly spot on AFL 360 next year. He needs to give it up to focus on his team not being so crap ... but the show needs to pick someone else due to him being so ******* boring. Week after week I find myself not caring in the slightest what he has to say.

Surely Alan Richardson doesn't keep the same weekly spot on AFL 360 next year. He needs to give it up to focus on his team not being so crap ... but the show needs to pick someone else due to him being so ******* boring. Week after week I find myself not caring in the slightest what he has to say.
I used to enjoy the coaches spot but it’s been dire. Richo is terrible, and I don’t think even Saints supporters have that much interest in what he has to say.

I thought the segment was excellent in 2014 with Paul Roos (and I don’t always like him on media) and Bomber Thompson - before his life plummeted sharply.

I actually switched the TV off when it came time for the coaches segment, always dreadful but especially when you know there's going to be 10 minutes about the most uninteresting game of the weekend (Saints v Dogs). Switching back on now for On the Couch.

6 weeks surely that means he will miss the GF if they make it?
he is suspended for 6 matches and the Eagles win their qualifying he will miss. However if they lose and go through the semis he will be allowed to play in the GF

Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's Andrew Gaff in the oven, rotating slowly.

BxhSK3wCQAAYu_d.jpg

Early today, I had a moment of sadness that there were only 6 Friday night matches left for the season, and a great hollow will appear, a void of you may, in my weekly scheduling. But after watching 1 and a half quarters of this horseshit, I'm almost ready to venture outside. I'm sure richo is an outstanding bloke of good morale fiber, but st kilda's foot skills...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, Dyson must have promised that Essendon would buy another 1k pet memberships for the saints if they’d lie down in the last 5 minuets of the 2nd quarter.

This is actually pretty funny
I know the exact scene, very well done.

If the lizard had of been caught they could have shown him being nailed in the 4th against us.

Early today, I had a moment of sadness that there were only 6 Friday night matches left for the season, and a great hollow will appear, a void of you may, in my weekly scheduling. But after watching 1 and a half quarters of this horseshit, I'm almost ready to venture outside. I'm sure richo is an outstanding bloke of good morale fiber, but st kilda's foot skills...
So true, I’m so glad we only had to put up with a decade of the exact same thing.

So true, I’m so glad we only had to put up with a decade of the exact same thing.
But never on a Friday.

Actually the whole bad football on Friday nights thing never bothers me as much as some. As a Melbourne supporter I have a solid grounding in watching bad football any old time. At least on a Friday I can drink myself partially insensible with a built in recovery period.

Saints are so messy to watch though. Is that just my bias? I think it could be real.

But never on a Friday.

Actually the whole bad football on Friday nights thing never bothers me as much as some. As a Melbourne supporter I have a solid grounding in watching bad football any old time. At least on a Friday I can drink myself partially insensible with a built in recovery period.

Saints are so messy to watch though. Is that just my bias? I think it could be real.
Lol, ok. ;)

Ah, we were much worse but hidden at 4.40pm on a Sunday. And let's be honest, if you went to a game sober between 2009-2015 or so, you really deserved that horrible memory of our footskills.

How do you play a team with no rotations in the last, and only win the qrt by 2 points?

Also, how can Seb Ross rack up 40+, but I couldn’t pick him out of a line up in China Town?
I just read that. About Ross I mean. I was more than a bit surprised.

That was a horrible game to watch. I stuck with it thinking it might be sort of train wreak interesting, but it was more just bleak and depressing but I’d committed so saw it out.

I used to enjoy the coaches spot but it’s been dire. Richo is terrible, and I don’t think even Saints supporters have that much interest in what he has to say.

I thought the segment was excellent in 2014 with Paul Roos (and I don’t always like him on media) and Bomber Thompson - before his life plummeted sharply.
Even Roos and Buckley was very good, despite both teams being average.

If I was choosing next season, assuming Clarko has told them to shove it multiple times, I'd like Hardwick and Worsfold.

Even Roos and Buckley was very good, despite both teams being average.

If I was choosing next season, assuming Clarko has told them to shove it multiple times, I'd like Hardwick and Worsfold.
I would go Worsfold. He’s intriguing. Hardwick would be okay, except he spends too much time trying to be loveable - jokes about Mrs Hardwick etc grate after a very short while. I wouldn’t mind Bevo. He’s definitely got a streak of unpredictable anger in there so I would back him to savage Robbo by about week three, if not earlier.

Last edited:
Clarko would be the best, I find his thoughts on the game really intriguing and he has an old school view and honesty.

Alan Richardson is the most lifeless person out there, no wonder his players play without passion.
Goody would be terrible.

Buckley was also very good on that and classified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back