MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Cripps size makes him slightly better IMO inside. Oliver better on the outside.

Cripps was the same height as Hogan, he's a physical freak.
Oliver more damaging with the ball in his hands
Yeah, they're different players while still playing the same role.

Cripps' advantage is his size and strength, but Clarry is a better user by hand and foot, and is faster. Both will be compared for their whole careers, and likely not be able to be split, although I do think that Clarry has more scope to improve.

Yeah, they're different players while still playing the same role.

Cripps' advantage is his size and strength, but Clarry is a better user by hand and foot, and is faster. Both will be compared for their whole careers, and likely not be able to be split, although I do think that Clarry has more scope to improve.

Yeah overall both are amazing talents and hopefully it's like comparing Dunstall and Lockett by the end.

Who bats the most above at melb?
(This should be a thread in itself!)

I follow most the guys on insta and social media, id have to say ANealBullen. Checkout some of his stuff off insta, his partner is smoken! Best part is i I know the girls younger brother!
With Jake Lever in Close second.

Who bats the most above at melb?
(This should be a thread in itself!)

I follow most the guys on insta and social media, id have to say ANealBullen. Checkout some of his stuff off insta, his partner is smoken! Best part is i I know the girls younger brother!
With Jake Lever in Close second.

ANB has a decent lid on him though.
Your looking at blokes like Lever, Frost, McDonald, Melksham, Harmes, Salem, Gawn etc especially Frost. I'm certain he was created in a lab somewhere.

ANB has a decent lid on him though.
Your looking at blokes like Lever, Frost, McDonald, Melksham, Harmes, Salem, Gawn etc especially Frost. I'm certain he was created in a lab somewhere.
Oliver wins this contest by the Flemington straight.

That's right his missus is a good sort and his head looks like a kicked in Milo tin
I tried an experiment and used pixelmator software to give him some contrast. Brown hair, eyes and eyebrows etc. Still terrible. Possibly worse than before I started actually. I was going to fix it with a spray tan but lost hope before I started. At least I have scientifically proven that if he can grow a moustache (doubtful) then he definitely shouldn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a sad story developing, worse if it is a suicide attempt.

I just want to remind everyone that a lot of Australian's suffer from depression and anxiety. This time of year can be a lot worse for some who are out on their own or feeling isolated and lonely. If you are feeling down or depressed there are resources available and i implore people to use them. Keep an eye on friends and family over the holiday period and beyond. (If anyone here ever needs to talk, i'm no councillor but i will listen if you want to shoot me a PM. I've been through depression myself)

Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636

Lifeline - 13 11 14

Wayne Schwass blamed the AFL already, think that's pretty piss poor.

Yep! Piis poor fron Schwass. Had a mate commit suicide after getting caught cheating on his girlfriend. Couldnt handle the guilt. Nothing his work place could have done aout that?

No idea how anyone can be pointing fingers at the AFL. For all anyone knows Majak could have been fine a day or even an hour before deciding to do that.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...e/news-story/c9df51ff1fad1dcd16c2e69ea08273b9

India has slammed “baseless” reports of a sledging showdown between rival captains Tim Paine and Virat Kohli during the second Australia-India Test.

The Indian team management strongly denied reports that Kohli had belittled Paine as just “a stand-in captain”. Both skippers were warned by umpire Chris Gaffaney during the game which Australia won by 146 runs.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India said: “It is ‘assumed’ that Kohli said, ‘I am the best player in the world and you are just a stand-in captain’.

Fair dinkum. If that's what constitutes sledging nowadays. If you heard 10 year olds at local cricket saying that you wouldn't bat an eyelid. Our media has lost the plot

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...e/news-story/c9df51ff1fad1dcd16c2e69ea08273b9

India has slammed “baseless” reports of a sledging showdown between rival captains Tim Paine and Virat Kohli during the second Australia-India Test.

The Indian team management strongly denied reports that Kohli had belittled Paine as just “a stand-in captain”. Both skippers were warned by umpire Chris Gaffaney during the game which Australia won by 146 runs.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India said: “It is ‘assumed’ that Kohli said, ‘I am the best player in the world and you are just a stand-in captain’.

Fair dinkum. If that's what constitutes sledging nowadays. If you heard 10 year olds at local cricket saying that you wouldn't bat an eyelid. Our media has lost the plot
yeah the media beat it up alright, always do.
I thought the chit chat was great by both teams, nothing I heard was was out of line.
maybe Kohli got a little bit carried away by slightly moving into Paines running line, but I thought Paine played it pretty well and put an end to that by fronting him chest out, letting him know he wasn't gonna stand for it. thought it was a good entertaining game allround really.

yeah the media beat it up alright, always do.
I thought the chit chat was great by both teams, nothing I heard was was out of line.
maybe Kohli got a little bit carried away by slightly moving into Paines running line, but I thought Paine played it pretty well and put an end to that by fronting him chest out, letting him know he wasn't gonna stand for it. thought it was a good entertaining game allround really.
Drop the shoulder, Timmy boy!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well quite.

But given one party is denying it happened anyway, why even worry whether it constitutes official, proper “old-school” manly sledging? So far as established events go, at this point it didn’t happen.

Rest up Topkent. Summer is certain to deliver something that you can direct some proper internet outrage towards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back