MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

round 1 tips excluding our game -
Richmond vs Carlton - 38 points
Essendon vs Adelaide - 8 points
St Kilda vs Brisbane - 26 points
Port Adelaide vs Fremantle - 48points
Gold Coast vs North Melbourne - 4 points
Hawthorn vs Collingwood - 14 points
GWS vs Footscray - 9 points
West Coast vs Sydney - 17 points

I am yet to watch all of the 17' Grand Final.
I only watched the first half

I cant bring myself to watch it. Mainly because richmond (of all people) won.

(From what i saw at work in a bar)
I was rooting for Adeliade so hard, an every goal Richmond kicked was like a dagger into my back.

I've always wondered why clubs don't throw up the gates more instead of playing in front of empty crowds. Sure Melbourne can't fill the G everyweek but why not try and get as many people to games as possible.
It's a bit of a tough balance. You might end up earning less because your diehard fans don't feel the need to pay out as much

It's a bit of a tough balance. You might end up earning less because your diehard fans don't feel the need to pay out as much

Yeah but my thinking is say against GWS and GC free entry.
Free entry means fans are more likely to spend on food and drink so work a deal together.
Might get some new fans in.
Would anyone hear forego a membership just because there's an extra couple of free games?

I'm sure they could make it work somehow. I just don't think there is enough iniative put into expanding the supporter base.

The saga of St. Kildas failed move to Seaford has to be one of the most over the top scandals I've ever come across.

Now Riewoldt is taking about how it 'ripped the soul out of the players' because it was tough for the players to drive there (and they couldn't duck into the local coffee shop before training). Fair dinkum what a bunch of sooks. Not to mention the amount of money that was wasted because the players didn't want to move half an hour down the road. So now they are in a debt crisis and have the AFL telling them they better start performing or else. But at least they can pop into the café next door whenever they want.

Last edited:
The saga of St. Kildas failed move to Seaford has to be one of the most over the top scandals I've ever come across.

Now Riewoldt is taking about how it 'ripped the soul out of the players' because it was tough for the players to drive there (and they couldn't duck into the local coffee shop before training). Fair dinkum what a bunch of sooks. Not to mention the amount of money that was wasted because the players didn't want to move half an hour down the road. So now they are in a debt crisis and have the AFL telling them they better start performing or else. But at least they can pop into the café next door whenever they want.
I think Ross Lyon leaving is what ripped the soul out of the players. I know they're rebuilding, but Richardson would want to make Finals soon. He seems more like a best mate than a coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its from their away kit
Ugh, you'd think they'd keep them separate. Every time i see the ass of a Carlton player it looks like they're staring back at me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back