MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to pause the game (thanks Foxtel IQ) to put my horrible kids to bed, so I'm way behind, but Luke Darcy just made the statement "They're asking the question Collingwood" ... for mine, they're only asking two questions ... How can so many abhorrent ball users find their way to one club ... and How long does one club stick with a former playing legend as coach until they finally recognise that he simply cannot coach?

Lol Collingwood. Signed Buckley up for 2 years based on a piss poor performance by us in the last round. Signed Cox to 3 more years based on 1 half decent game against us in the last round. Still has 3 years of Mayne to go. Can't get the injury prone 50 year old Wells on the park. Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Reid, Varcoe, Dunn, Wells are all on the way out. They aren't good enough to finish top 10, aren't bad enough to finish bottom 2. Which means they are in for some serious tough times ahead. The two mids Treloar and Adams who they want to carry the torch in the future simply can't kick either. And they're best player is now a small forward who is literally always injured. Oh boy..

Was just typing exactly this. Doesn't look good at all for Libba ... and the Dogs look equally as bad as the Giants look good.

The dogs forward line has nothing. Going to be relying on their midfield to he superhuman again and they won't be. Will be a big effort to make finals.

Tough for young Libba but id be shocked if he wasn't done for the year

The dogs forward line has nothing. Going to be relying on their midfield to he superhuman again and they won't be. Will be a big effort to make finals.

Tough for young Libba but id be shocked if he wasn't done for the year
Meanwhile, they've kicked 3 since we both potted them, haha.

But their lineup just looks a mess ... why are they persisting with Wood forward?

Meanwhile, they've kicked 3 since we both potted them, haha.

But their lineup just looks a mess ... why are they persisting with Wood forward?

I don't think GWS looks very good either to be fair. It's hard to put an exact thing on but they still look all style no substance especially against a side without a back line or forward line.

Beveridge seems to be dining out on everyone praising him spinning the magnets in '16. Now he does need to just build a team. They need to be more predictable to each other I think.

Even their goals seems to be from awesome individual efforts, not a good structure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think GWS looks very good either to be fair. It's hard to put an exact thing on but they still look all style no substance especially against a side without a back line or forward line.

Beveridge seems to be dining out on everyone praising him spinning the magnets in '16. Now he does need to just build a team. They need to be more predictable to each other I think.

Even their goals seems to be from awesome individual efforts, not a good structure
Well yeah, they're pretty much doing what they please at this point, to early to say if thats all how ordinary the Dogs look, or if the Giants will just do that to most teams this year ... although you'd have an inkling its the former.

The Bulldogs and Richmond winning the last two premierships with relatively mediocre teams compared to the past 20 years (I did enjoy them both winning though), for mine adds more support to how much impact those crazy three drafts had where GC and GWS hoarded the best young talent.

It artificially kept Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney at the top for longer than their 'turn' warranted because the teams just below them couldn't top up their talent just when they should have been challenging them at the end of their reign. Then it flipped over and there's been a window where there are no superior teams for the same reasons. Give it another year or two and the impact of that draft should have worn off finally.

The dogs forward entries are so frustrating. Just putting it long to nothing and the Giants are eating them up. They desperately need a focal point or to atleast send more numbers forward. They have been scared to be burnt on the turnover so they haven't sent numbers forward so they've equaled I50s but had 0 impotence

How are we going to stop Patton and Cameron with the backline as it stands now? We don't have two tall one on one defenders when Frost doesn't play.

I'm still incredibly frightened of Ben Brown and Daniher too.

How are we going to stop Patton and Cameron with the backline as it stands now? We don't have two tall one on one defenders when Frost doesn't play.

I'm still incredibly frightened of Ben Brown and Daniher too.

We won't. Oscar McDonald is still s**t as well. I think we are going to get beaten by these teams still this year

Dogs looking like a bottom four side.

Pop quiz. What would you rather, a flag from the blue but back to mediocrity immediately or a lengthy stint as a strong side but no flag?

Buddy looks stupid good ... 5mins through the 2nd qrt and he's kicked 4.

Finished with 8. He's still overrated, a waste of money and the Swans will never win anything while he's around. That's what I tell my fickle Sydney supporting mates, anyway.

Finished with 8. He's still overrated, a waste of money and the Swans will never win anything while he's around. That's what I tell my fickle Sydney supporting mates, anyway.
Haha, I actually had a conversation with a mate a month or two ago about whether this year - after he had multiple surgeries in the off season - would be the year that he starts to slow down ... I'm pretty confident that question has been answered already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back