MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t she 17? Whilst creepy they were both consenting parties, the worst thing was apparently her parents knew about it and condoned it.
Didn't say it was illegal, just said it was gross. And the parents should be ******* ashamed of themselves.

That poor Nathan Freeman has torn his hammy again at St Kilda.

Career over I would say.

We were having a good look at him but went with Salem if I recall correctly, so Freeman went to Collingwood with the next pick.

I think he may be to blame here with poor rehab - soft tissue injuries shouldn’t be this repetitive for people under 30

I think he may be to blame here with poor rehab - soft tissue injuries shouldn’t be this repetitive for people under 30
I think after this many problems over such a long time, it's more likely a physiological issue. Poor rehab may have been to blame early on, but after this long, I can't image that to still be the case.

I think after this many problems over such a long time, it's more likely a physiological issue. Poor rehab may have been to blame early on, but after this long, I can't image that to still be the case.

Sorry, that's more what I meant.

Yeah dumping your misses to chase 16 year olds is pretty disgusting. Not sure you can ever spin that to look good
And let's not forget the white powdery substance he's been addicted to for the last couple of years! The guy might have some freakish ability on the field, but he is a ticking time bomb. Im very good friends with an AFL employee, and he has a pile of stories about young Jake that will make you very thankful he is not on our list. I'd be amazed if there is a dumber guy on a playing list.

I couldn’t get back due to hammy issues after a knee reco.

Some extenuating circumstances, but I did try hard to make it. I don’t presume it’s his fault for one second.

I think that’s fair enough after a reco mate - you can get some significant imbalances.

A lot of talk about Freeman early days was he didn’t rehab well.

I think that’s fair enough after a reco mate - you can get some significant imbalances.

A lot of talk about Freeman early days was he didn’t rehab well.

Ah ok - never heard that.

Still feel for the lad, but very happy with Salem as I understand we felt Salem, Freeman or Lennon were out likely options at that pick.

Hindsight is wonderful but Cripps, Zak Jones, Matt Crouch, Zach Merrett and Rory Lobb were all available with this pick too - amongst a few others!

Didn't make it to the game in Wangaratta today, but i wish i had. Sounded ******* brutal from the concussions that came out of it.

Also Essendon losing live is always a +

I'm still annoyed we didn't go for Adam Saad. Kid is a bloody gun
I would gladly have traded one of our second round picks for him (although Fritsch is looking good). Maybe it was a salary cap thing and we wanted to save some $$$ for Petracca and Oliver. Nevertheless I'm surprised the Bombers were able to get him without a whimper. Very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would gladly have traded one of our second round picks for him (although Fritsch is looking good). Maybe it was a salary cap thing and we wanted to save some $$$ for Petracca and Oliver. Nevertheless I'm surprised the Bombers were able to get him without a whimper. Very good player.

Yeah I dont why every club in victoria didnt have a look at him

Lol at everyone on this board who kept saying the Bombers were better than us last year just because they snuck into finals. Had an incredibly soft draw and beat three top 8 teams inc Port and WCE at Etihad. They’re a joke of a footy club

Lol at everyone on this board who kept saying the Bombers were better than us last year just because they snuck into finals. Had an incredibly soft draw and beat three top 8 teams inc Port and WCE at Etihad. They’re a joke of a footy club

They were better than us, they made finals.

We played Collingwood, St Kilda, North and Carlton twice and still lost 3 of them

They were better than us, they made finals.

We played Collingwood, St Kilda, North and Carlton twice and still lost 3 of them
Fine, lol at you then.

Also you can change that to ‘we played Collingwood and North twice and lost three games’ given we didn’t lose to the Saints or Carlton. Essendon lost to Carlton and Brisbane and got smashed by the Dogs and Freo. I’d take our 2017 over theirs any day given the genuine contests we put up against every top 8 side except GWS when we were desperately injured. Bombers won’t make the 8

Fine, lol at you then.

Also you can change that to ‘we played Collingwood and North twice and lost three games’ given we didn’t lose to the Saints or Carlton. Essendon lost to Carlton and Brisbane and got smashed by the Dogs and Freo. I’d take our 2017 over theirs any day given the genuine contests we put up against every top 8 side except GWS when we were desperately injured. Bombers won’t make the 8

So you would take 9th over 7th? One of the strangest statements I have ever heard. Sydney also belted us.

I don't think essendon recruited the players they needed to take the next step but they have a better key forward and a better key defender than us and a much better outside midfield.
We have a better ruck and inside midfield and I think we will over take them this year

So you would take 9th over 7th? One of the strangest statements I have ever heard. Sydney also belted us.

I don't think essendon recruited the players they needed to take the next step but they have a better key forward and a better key defender than us and a much better outside midfield.
We have a better ruck and inside midfield and I think we will over take them this year
Yeah I’d take a year of genuine competitiveness in spite of our top 10 players suffering long term injuries over fluking the top 8 and getting flogged when they’ll go nowhere finals in 2018

Yeah I’d take a year of genuine competitiveness in spite of our top 10 players suffering long term injuries over fluking the top 8 and getting flogged when they’ll go nowhere finals in 2018

I reckon Port Adelaide is the side who will disappoint this year

I reckon they'll finish 7th or 8th. Essendon and West Coast to drop out for mine, with us and the Dogs pushing up.

I mean it's a fruitless exercise predicting the 8 but I reckon Port and WC will struggle as well. Surely the dogs get back in

Essendon and WC out, Melbourne and Hawthorn in. Dogs don't have the forward firepower and St Kilda are missing players who can break the game open. Too much individual consistency required across their whole side.

Essendon and WC out, Melbourne and Hawthorn in. Dogs don't have the forward firepower and St Kilda are missing players who can break the game open. Too much individual consistency required across their whole side.

Dogs won a premiership with the same forward line. Even if you say they lost Stringer 2016 was a poor year for him. Another year and pre season into Boyd as well as Scache and whilst I don't think either will kill it it's enough in modern footy. Look at richmonds forward 6. Townsend/Caddy/Rioli/Butler/Castanga with Riewoldt. Pretty sure anyteam could match that if they pressure hard enough.

Man for man Adelaides forward 6 are as good if not better than the tigs but they got smashed on GF day.

Dogs won a premiership with the same forward line. Even if you say they lost Stringer 2016 was a poor year for him. Another year and pre season into Boyd as well as Scache and whilst I don't think either will kill it it's enough in modern footy. Look at richmonds forward 6. Townsend/Caddy/Rioli/Butler/Castanga with Riewoldt. Pretty sure anyteam could match that if they pressure hard enough.

Man for man Adelaides forward 6 are as good if not better than the tigs but they got smashed on GF day.
Stringer still kicked 42 in 2016. Still enough to be a threat.
They also had Dickson firing on all cylinders, and he doesn't look the same player.

I think the other thing with the Dogs is they did win from 7th. Yes, good on them, but they had a really good 4 weeks as opposed to a year of excellence. I just can't work out where the goals come from consistently enough for them to make it.

And Schache's heart isn't in it. Will be retired by 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back