MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

That Game I was back in Australia from Europe for my Mums 60th party

I remember watching the game down in lorne in front of the fire with a bottle of whiskey and being so pumped by that game thinking the future was going to be out of control good. At the Party the next day I met a few of those crazy old Dees supporters - you know the ones who love their port a bit to much, still wear silk cravats and blazers everywhere and have that sort of English accent with a lisp (the Aussie version of the mid Altantic accent)- sort of the Melbourne Club look & feel

They told me I should move back the next year and ride the wave of glory. That young Skully and Trengrove.

EDIT: I just realized I contributed nothing to the conversation apart from describing Sir Hugh - but I want you people to understand me and maybe one day get to being considered a "7/10 bloke"
Quality post! But not only did you “contribute nothing” (your words), you also trailed off in your last paragraph (above the edit) and seemed to not finish your story?

I want more!

It certainly was. Also I believe, the same player that was sledged by Campbell Brown who called Strauss "the worst player he had ever seen"

Campbell was right.
I remember that - the Campbell Brown thing.

Uck I really remember the vision of that leg break though - was replayed a few times until the networks responded to popular demand and took away the tapes and burnt them. Jeff was in the frame if I recall - for Carlton obviously back then. I don’t think Jeff did anything untoward - it was just one of those things.

God it is frightening looking at some of the names on our list in the relatively recent past though. What a potato farm.

I remember that - the Campbell Brown thing.

Uck I really remember the vision of that leg break though - was replayed a few times until the networks responded to popular demand and took away the tapes and burnt them. Jeff was in the frame if I recall - for Carlton obviously back then. I don’t think Jeff did anything untoward - it was just one of those things.

God it is frightening looking at some of the names on our list in the relatively recent past though. What a potato farm.
An absolute spud factory.

Word for word Brian Taylor commentary from tonight's game:

"Coming in the back was Sidebottom, almost Cox in the end.."

I lol'd
Guaranteed to be the only funny thing he'll say tonight, in spite of many, many attempts.

And on that big bag of turds, any chance he could hide his enormous bias towards Collingwood? No way was that a push in the back to Dunn ... I mean he tried for it, but not in the back at all.

Guaranteed to be the only funny thing he'll say tonight, in spite of many, many attempts.

And on that big bag of turds, any chance he could hide his enormous bias towards Collingwood? No way was that a push in the back to Dunn ... I mean he tried for it, but not in the back at all.
Brian always barracks for the team that's losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're talking commentator Bias, Brayshaw is the worst for mine. If north aren't playing he'll pick up an ex-roo on the broadcast to talk about. Last week, He went on about Wells. and when luke Darcy brought up his silly brother brother rule, had to shoe in the nephews

If we're talking commentator Bias, Brayshaw is the worst for mine. If north aren't playing he'll pick up an ex-roo on the broadcast to talk about. Last week, He went on about Wells. and when luke Darcy brought up his silly brother brother rule, had to shoe in the nephews
To be fair the Brayshaws are a perfect example as to why the 'brother' rule is an awful idea. All three would be playing for St.Kilda right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back