MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Stkilda are stretching the ground and it's making Richmond's zone look useless. I don't remember more than a handful of tackles the tigers forwards have made. They are spreading to the far side every time they get the footy in the back half and switching the play and getting easy hit up targets. It's so simple yet it's nullified the press and made this an uncontested game

Maybe a brace coach will try putting a forward by them self in the goal square for a cheap goal in the event of their team winning a contest where they are outnumbered. Risk v reward. Put your quickest player 20 metres behind the deepest defender.
we tried that with jeffy alot didnt we? not so much 20m in the clear but opening it up. some how need to drag the zones out * knows how you do it without zones.

Stkilda are stretching the ground and it's making Richmond's zone look useless. I don't remember more than a handful of tackles the tigers forwards have made. They are spreading to the far side every time they get the footy in the back half and switching the play and getting easy hit up targets. It's so simple yet it's nullified the press and made this an uncontested game
richmond look ******* shithouse from the clearly best team from a fortnight ago. alot of players shanking and obviously being 2 down but its been from the get go

Doesn't matter who you are, limited interchange in the modern game kills your run. But good on the Saints taking advantage of it, i remember a late season game when we played the Giants with no bench at the MCG and lost, effort is still required

Fair dinkum the commentators need to shut up about riewoldts injury. Bad ******* luck. Richmond have been rolling the dice without a second forward and they've been extremely lucky.
Maybe that’s the best tactic. Target Riewoldt physically every match.

I remember last year getting alot of shot for saying Caddy >= Oliver. I think I was wrong on the >, but I still think he is also a gun

McCartin is a total bust. He was meant to be a pack busting power forward but he just looks to be slow and weak. I haven’t seen him hit an opponent hard yet. That’s going to be a ******* bitter pill to swallow for the saints, particularly if Brayshawjeros playing as he has the last month.

McCartin is a total bust. He was meant to be a pack busting power forward but he just looks to be slow and weak. I haven’t seen him hit an opponent hard yet. That’s going to be a ******* bitter pill to swallow for the saints, particularly if Brayshawjeros playing as he has the last month.
Yeah I don't see it at all. Have heard Saints fans talk about "signs that he'll be a gun" being there, but I've not seen any of it, Weid has shown more imo. Paddy has the size to at least influence the contest, but he either doesn't get anywhere near it, or he approaches it like my 6 year old approaches vegetables.

Would love for Brayshaw to continue the way he's going, and for Trac to start to click into gear, just in time to have that big break out 30 and 5 goal game when we play them again in Round 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

been 10 years since a 1 win team after 9 rounds has had a better% than brisbane have now. Freo 2008 (essendon 2006, richmond 1987) really like how they go about it i wonder what crown numbers are like cause surely have more going

been 10 years since a 1 win team after 9 rounds has had a better% than brisbane have now. Freo 2008 (essendon 2006, richmond 1987) really like how they go about it i wonder what crown numbers are like cause surely have more going
Crowds won’t show until they start winning. QLD folk generally don’t understand things like strong percentages for lowly teams indicating improving performance, the Lions’ score is lower than their opponents more often than not, so no point going

Crowds won’t show until they start winning. QLD folk generally don’t understand things like strong percentages for lowly teams indicating improving performance, the Lions’ score is lower than their opponents more often than not, so no point going

Your our resident Demon correspondent up in the Sunshine State. Generally speaking: Do the supporters care or are they quite apathetic?

Stef Martin. Why did we let him go?

Oscar McInerney, Why did we not draft him?

*shakes head*
I would have loved to have kept him, but thinking about it at the time. We had four rucks, AA Jamar, young Gawn, Spencil and Martin

Your our resident Demon correspondent up in the Sunshine State. Generally speaking: Do the supporters care or are they quite apathetic?
The diehard ones do, but unfortunately there isn’t that many of them. QLD are peak bandwagon jumpers ... there is a reason no Gold Coast team in any sport has done any good ... they’ve all sucked.

The early 00’s when the Lions were great, it was the hottest ticket in town, when seats were offered around my group, they were gone in seconds, these days tickets get offered around, a couple will be taken willingly, others if there is nothing else on, and the rest go to the bin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back