MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

The size of the interchange bench is the problem, IMO. Have a two player interchange, with 2 emergencies for serious injuries which need hospitalisation.

I want the players to fatigue, creating open spaces, and runners charging the wings.
This wil cause players go back to playing their positions more. Instead of all over the ground, like 18 followers.
I reckon you’ve hit the nail on the head, I wouldn’t even give them emergencies footy was a game of attrition and needs to get back to that, 10 interchanges each team per game.

I reckon you’ve hit the nail on the head, I wouldn’t even give them emergencies footy was a game of attrition and needs to get back to that, 10 interchanges each team per game.
My idea is to start the game with 2 emergencies, then at the half time break, If no emergency has been used one is withdrawn, from the team.
Leaving the club one choice as a replacement, for a hospitalised player. If that occurred.

My idea is to start the game with 2 emergencies, then at the half time break, If no emergency has been used one is withdrawn, from the team.
Leaving the club one choice as a replacement, for a hospitalised player. If that occurred.
What’s to stop teams from actively hospitalising one of their players to get an unfair advantage?

Scoring has gone down every season since the cap came in. Players like Dane Swan don't have a career without the cap.
Robert Harvey and Shane Crawford managed a career pre cap with some brownlows.

Scoring was already declining before the cap came in.

Sorry I mean Swan isn't anywhere near as good if the cap was in for his whole career.
Stiff s**t for Dane Swan, for 100 years there was no interchange and then maybe 5 to 10 a game for the next 50 years, Aussie rules as a game can’t handle unlimited interchange it developed as a war of attrition and needs to get back to that

Stiff s**t for Dane Swan, for 100 years there was no interchange and then maybe 5 to 10 a game for the next 50 years, Aussie rules as a game can’t handle unlimited interchange it developed as a war of attrition and needs to get back to that

Yep I'd like to see 16 a side and then minimal interchange, like say 8 per quarter so you can make some positional swaps as a tactic and that's it. Need to reward the gut runners again but also leave space for the skilled players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He specifically attirbuted some of his success to no interchange cap, guy was the most benched player multiple times IIRC. If you want more athletes to get drafted over footballers then sure have even less interchanges.

I disagree, when you are fatigued the smart players learn where to run and when. Sam Mitchell's skills didn't drop off over a game, nor Jason Akermanis. When everyone is tired then they can't make it to multiple contests to clog it up and tackle which means players will actually get the chance to use the footy. I won't even care if it means a couple of really fit players keep finding space to work in because right now fitness isn't used for attack it's only used for defence.

He specifically attirbuted some of his success to no interchange cap, guy was the most benched player multiple times IIRC. If you want more athletes to get drafted over footballers then sure have even less interchanges.
I think you’ll get the exact opposite of that, take the game back to being a one on one contest and position based game as it was for 150 years and footballers will thrive, if your good enough you’ll be fine

I think you’ll get the exact opposite of that, take the game back to being a one on one contest and position based game as it was for 150 years and footballers will thrive, if your good enough you’ll be fine
Yep right now there is no point drafting skilled blokes who aren't fitness animals because there is no space to use those skills generally. Create space through fatigue and the skilled players will start to shine.

What’s to stop teams from actively hospitalising one of their players to get an unfair advantage?
Easy, it should have to be signed off by the exiting players Club doctor, and the AFL doctor rostered for the Umpires, after both diagnosing the injury/illness, prior to the Emergency player being activated.

Last edited:
Yep right now there is no point drafting skilled blokes who aren't fitness animals because there is no space to use those skills generally. Create space through fatigue and the skilled players will start to shine.
I have a feeling clubs dont practice basic skills as well, to much time on structure and zones, I’d love to see the great midfielders going forward again, and great forwards being only that and not space fillers across half back which I think would happen with greatly reduced interchange

I have a feeling clubs dont practice basic skills as well, to much time on structure and zones, I’d love to see the great midfielders going forward again, and great forwards being only that and not space fillers across half back which I think would happen with greatly reduced interchange
I agree I'd be surprised if teams spend even 10% of the pre season on kicking it low at leading forwards

And this will see the re-emergence of the freaks, the Daicos's, Locketts, even the Bartlett's.
The flooding of space, extinguishes these freaks from our game, simply becauuse their is No space for them to ply their specialties.

Skills have been ruled out of our game, by those suits og ill repute.
Too many rule changes over the past 20+ years, have badly altered the game, and the Commission has gotten lost, in what the game was all about.

It's about US, the community, and our passions. That is not transferrable, tradeable, Nor draftable. And its not for sale. It cannot be bought.

Gill you and your cronies are destroying the soul of our game, and destroying the 'Love' the game was built upon. Its a communal Love.

Easy, it should have to be signed off by the exiting players Club doctor, and the AFL doctor rostered for the Umpires, after both diagnosing the injury/illness, prior to the Emergency player being activated.
What if they deliberately injure them?

Remove the interchange cap, remove the zones - let good coaches and good players find a way to beat each other. For every two drubbings or slop fests, you’ll have a 100 vs 99 thriller. For every Roos or Lyon, you’ll have a Choco or Matthews. The game goes through trends, everyone s**t themselves when the Swans coaches decided defence was important in 05 and started making rules to try cut through the flood. All that did was make it harder to score.

All you campaigner are tryna change the rules.. change the ******* cattle and hooly dooly flying utensil n balls all of a sudden youll have a better game if footballers are drafted over athletes. Doesnt matter what ******* rules you change if the cattle is still sliding in the same s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back