MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Gablett with a cheap shot to GC players throat. How long till people see him for the dirty player that he is
Never really seemed overly Dirty in the past, but seems to have lost his mind recently. Reminds me of Goodes, in his last year he went a bit trigger happy too. Which is why i feel people turned on him, but i'm not getting into that debate

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Gablett with a cheap shot to GC players throat. How long till people see him for the dirty player that he is
The little master has been an ornament to our game, single handedly put GC on his shoulders ; put their insignificant franchise on the map at the same time.suffice to say the last 3 weeks have been very surprising indeed.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
The little master has been an ornament to our game, single handedly put GC on his shoulders ; put their insignificant franchise on the map at the same time.suffice to say the last 3 weeks have been very surprising indeed.
That’s one way of looking at it. I reckon he single handedly wrote off the first decade of that clubs existence. Great footballer, terrible leader.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Ablett is one of the greats but I wonder if he will regret his choice to go north as he gets older. People might talk about the money but he will never pay for anything in Geelong again anyway. He probably made an extra 500k a year on average than in Geelong so maybe ~3 million more. But I reckon he could have easily made that back doing media and advertising in Melbourne. The 7 years of his career up north are irrelevant IMO

857C3052-5326-464B-8CDE-97BED0C858B9.gif

This is the best thing I’ve ever seen hahahahahaha

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree to an extent, but also it's not like the EPL where you can forcibly trade or loan someone. They only have to change clubs if they agree to it.

... You can't forcibly trade or loan someone in the Premier League. Winston Bogarde and Alexis Sanchez say hi.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I saw Tex do something similar another 2-3 times during the match ... It's more Tex than it is Hurn.

Probably right. Hurn looks more like he's bracing a bit for impact and then Tex just hops out of the road. Weird footage.

May 27, 2012
Derweze, Turkmenistan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ablett is one of the greats but I wonder if he will regret his choice to go north as he gets older. People might talk about the money but he will never pay for anything in Geelong again anyway. He probably made an extra 500k a year on average than in Geelong so maybe ~3 million more. But I reckon he could have easily made that back doing media and advertising in Melbourne. The 7 years of his career up north are irrelevant IMO
Good thing he's into ice and raccoon tail hats then ey

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Does anyone else listen to MMM? The interview with McCartin was heartbreaking. Blokes really struggling in his life at the moment.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Does anyone else listen to MMM? The interview with McCartin was heartbreaking. Blokes really struggling in his life at the moment.
I didn't hear it but i can imagine how much this is affecting him, young kid taken at 1 a full career ahead of him and now he cant play due to repeat concussions. I would much rather have an injured knee or shoulder or something, pain you can live with and manage but having issues with remembering things, headache, sensitivity etc would really affect you for the rest of your life. I'm starting to wonder if we will see patty back on the park, i just hope he makes the best decision for himself and his future.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I didn't hear it but i can imagine how much this is affecting him, young kid taken at 1 a full career ahead of him and now he can play due to repay concussions. I would much rather have an injured knee or shoulder or something, pain you can live with and manage but having issues with remembering things, headache, sensitivity etc would really affect you for the rest of your life. I'm starting to wonder if we will see patty back on the park, i just hope he makes the best decision for himself and his future.

It's much worse than I realised. He said this was only the 2nd match this year he had been to because he can't handle the light or the amount of people and noise. His GF has to do grocery shopping for him and he struggles to even go to a cafe for a coffee. Scans found some abnormalities on his brain. Bloody tough listen.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I think a lot of people underestimate the seriousness of concussions, especially repeat concussions.
I have suffered from them before although very mild, they can really knock you around.
Unfortunately i feel patty has had a few really bad ones which are obviously still troubling him, i really hope he makes a full recovery it must be awful to be affected by light and sound in that way, it would make life unbearable at times.

Last edited:

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This line really got me

"What is the next step for you, what's the blue sky moment for you?"

"I just wanna go back to normal again, feel like myself. Feeling a human being again. There's no time frame on it"

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Yeah I’ve had a few too many. Worst thing is after that a small knock can effect you a fair bit

Hogan still shot thoigj

Back