MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I never thought of it in that manner. The tone of commentary sounds like it wasn't. Really, really shattering.
I did. Think of it in that manner I mean.

Cars are a big weapon against yourself or any other person. Lord only knows how many single car accidents are mishaps and how many aren’t.

We will probably never know. And it probably makes little difference at this point to a horribly shocked and distressed family. I hope they are okay and RIP to Frawley

I never thought of it in that manner. The tone of commentary sounds like it wasn't. Really, really shattering.
He was literally encouraging people with mental health issues to reach out last week on radio.

His legacy in this area will live on. He helped many, many others.

Why are us men such stupid flogs?! Not directed at Frawley but men in general.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
I did. Think of it in that manner I mean.

Cars are a big weapon against yourself or any other person. Lord only knows how many single car accidents are mishaps and how many aren’t.

We will probably never know. And it probably makes little difference at this point to a horribly shocked and distressed family. I hope they are okay and RIP to Frawley

Yeah, it's sadly common. Up to a third of the road to I've heard somewhere. A family friend has tried it, I've considered it so I'm well aware of the option. In this case, I didn't know the road and even after, I still surmised it was cold and wet today, he might have been distracted.

But you're right, it's just a horrible loss for all who knew and loved him.

He was literally encouraging people with mental health issues to reach out last week on radio.

His legacy in this area will live on. He helped many, many others.

Why are us men such stupid flogs?! Not directed at Frawley but men in general.

Was booked in for a speech this Thursday too - RUOK day.
I think it's less about being flogs and shows just how insidious depression is, that even for those who are open about it doesn't mean they're over it. It's a crushing hopelessness and unfortunately some people just can't escape it.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bizarre comment.

I think all he’s getting at, is that we can definitely get better at sharing our problems and talking to people when we are feeling stressed or down on life.

These things tend to creep up on you, and people can have a breakdown before they’ve even realised exactly what they’ve been going through.

Feeling comfortable sharing your feelings, and also identifying when a friend might need a bit of help, is really important and I don’t think we’ve quite got there just yet.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think all he’s getting at, is that we can definitely get better at sharing our problems and talking to people when we are feeling stressed or down on life.

These things tend to creep up on you, and people can have a breakdown before they’ve even realised exactly what they’ve been going through.

Feeling comfortable sharing your feelings, and also identifying when a friend might need a bit of help, is really important and I don’t think we’ve quite got there just yet.

Mental health is an incredibly difficult thing to approach and understand, kinda the blind leading the blind on this one. Just don't understand why you'd call people stupid flogs for either a) succumbing to it or b) not realizing a friend is going through it.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mental health is an incredibly difficult thing to approach and understand, kinda the blind leading the blind on this one. Just don't understand why you'd call people stupid flogs for either a) succumbing to it or b) not realizing a friend is going through it.

That’s not how I took the comment.

It was a throw away line ‘why are we so silly - it should be so easy’.

Obviously it’s not so easy, which is very sad.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
RIP to spud MMM was a great staple of my footy experience growing up.
Part of Australian culture that's falling away IMO which is the ability to take the piss and laugh at each other. Bloody sad news

Last edited:
Heck of a thing, mental health. Who knows about the accident, but Spud’s attitude is a great way to think about the issue.

I know he’s helped a lot of blokes, particularly in his age bracket where sadly suicide is a huge problem.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I hadn't even thought of the Chip Frawley connection yet.
I did. When the rumours of afl guy killed first took hold, then someone said they had heard it was Frawley I thought it was Chip being talked about.

It must be a pretty miserable time for him and all.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another coach bites the dust with Don Pyke gone.

Looks like he jumped before his head ended up on a pyke.

We should definitely be recruiting him. Camp Coach.

Back