MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition

Sylvia Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Hogan was having a shot from about 50m late in the game (maybe just before 3QT). I said to my housemate there's no way he'll get the journey from here. My housemate disagreed. He didn't even get close. I looked like a genius but any MFC fan would have had absolute certainty he'd not get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stEdy

Team Captain
AFL Club
Melbourne
their list isn't that bad, christ look at the teams on paper the gold coast and the saints are putting out; absolutely putrid, yet they're playing some simple and effective football

Carlton ironically probably needed to dump Bolton and get Ratten last year

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
their list isn't that bad, christ look at the teams on paper the gold coast and the saints are putting out; absolutely putrid, yet they're playing some simple and effective football

Carlton ironically probably needed to dump Bolton and get Ratten last year
St kilda have been really good this year. We all would agree their list is pretty damn average but they’re playing extremely well in a system that suits them.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Eric Hipwoods elbow was exactly the same as Jeremy Cameron's last year except the outcome was different. One was 6 weeks and a dog act, the other was no case to answer

Tulip

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Wonder if we might look at Cory Gregson in the mid-season draft if he's fit. Looked like a good player at Geelong for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HANDSOLO

All Australian
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
what position does he play? Who would he push out
Small forward / half forward

I watch a lot of Geelong games I thought he was great, fast, smart, good kick. Although from memory about Spargo size so we would be getting slot of dr truth posts

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #445
Season
Jesse Hogan 7 goals
Tom McDonald 6 goals

Demon bhoy 00Stinger

C'mon where's your mouth flapping now
I honestly keep forgetting he's at Freo now, and not just injured again. I didn't watch much of that game, but the most amount of time I saw him on screen was him giving a half hearted chase of a Richmond player before giving up, and then he stayed in shot, because said Richmond player then stopped 5m away from him and waited for an option up field because he wan't under any pressure.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I honestly keep forgetting he's at Freo now, and not just injured again. I didn't watch much of that game, but the most amount of time I saw him on screen was him giving a half hearted chase of a Richmond player before giving up, and then he stayed in shot, because said Richmond player then stopped 5m away from him and waited for an option up field because he wan't under any pressure.
Just can't wait for him to kick 4 goals over the back again after Freo beat Carlton by 10 goals and for the select few to claim he's a playing legend again.

I can't believe how excited I was watching him in his first 2 seasons compared to now how much I don't enjoy watching him. Not many key forwards peak in their debut season.

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Just can't wait for him to kick 4 goals over the back again after Freo beat Carlton by 10 goals and for the select few to claim he's a playing legend again.

I can't believe how excited I was watching him in his first 2 seasons compared to now how much I don't enjoy watching him. Not many key forwards peak in their debut season.
He genuinely doesn't give a **** about footy I reckon. Kane Cornes called Lewis a paycheque player but Hogan is the definition of one.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He genuinely doesn't give a **** about footy I reckon. Kane Cornes called Lewis a paycheque player but Hogan is the definition of one.
Yeah I don't think he cares at all about reaching his potential. He can make 800k a year on his natural talents. He hasn't improved any of his forwsrd craft since he started playing with us and I don't think he cares about doing that

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Moderator #450
Yeah I don't think he cares at all about reaching his potential. He can make 800k a year on his natural talents. He hasn't improved any of his forwsrd craft since he started playing with us and I don't think he cares about doing that
I'd go a step further than that, and theorise that his forward craft has gotten worse since his first season or two, because he's discovered that continually calling for the ball over the back, and looking to body up on a defender and get a free kick, rather than providing a lead, or crashing a pack is a much easier way to get goals ... work smarter, not harder.

Top Bottom