MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's more than ok though. It sounds like you've seen him play twice an formed an opinion
8 years in the league no AA not even squad not in his teams 10 best players last year, when has he been anything other than okay, he has talent, happy to have him at the club but not for pick 6.

My hate is not for May but the trade, look what Brisbane did in relation to the Neale deal, why were we not involved in that conversation the club s**t their pants and paid what they were told to, not what he was worth.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
8 years in the league no AA not even squad not in his teams 10 best players last year, when has he been anything other than okay, he has talent, happy to have him at the club but not for pick 6.

My hate is not for May but the trade, look what Brisbane did in relation to the Neale deal, why were we not involved in that conversation the club s**t their pants and paid what they were told to, not what he was worth.
I honestly don't care anymore you have an irrational disdain for May

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I honestly don't care anymore you have an irrational disdain for May
No disdain for May at all the trade that brought him to Melbourne that’s another story. I hope he is a gun, I want him to be, but Im not going to pretend he’s something he’s never been just because he now plays for Melbourne.

I will never talk about this again, but look forward to being told what a campaigner I am when he dominates as the dees win the flag, I’ll start the thread Demon Bhoy is a dumb campaigner

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is this where people give up on going on BigFooty? Cause * me all its about is the May deal im so over it. Im sure no campaigner cares if i call it a day but thats where im at all this bullshit is just flat out rubbish. How about you campaigners go ill see you at the end of May and Hogans career and see who won the ******* trade. May could end up being a norm smith medalist Hogan could end up in rehab King could end up never being anything. Give it a rest you campaigners

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I reckon It's time to implement David Kings draft system. The world is too go go go for teams to miss finals for a decade.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Are you referring to spending spare salary cap cash on draft picks, or something else?
Nah I can't remember the exact system but basically he was saying that it takes too long to build a side. It was something along the lines of that the bottom sides should double up before the finalists. So 1 and 10 for last, 2 and 11, 3 and 12 etc then the 8th place finalist gets pick 19. Premier gets 36.

If you missed for 3 years you would have 3 picks before the the first finalist

There was another variation as well but I agree it takes too long to rebuild now.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Yeah there's no doubt he had ball gathering qualities. The humorous part was that the Swans couldn't squeeze him into their team at the time.
Was there anything behind this? Looked a pretty safe bet to be an elite mid from pretty early on. Thought he'd earned a few more games than he played at the Swans, and was a bit surprised they let him go.

Nah I can't remember the exact system but basically he was saying that it takes too long to build a side. It was something along the lines of that the bottom sides should double up before the finalists. So 1 and 10 for last, 2 and 11, 3 and 12 etc then the 8th place finalist gets pick 19. Premier gets 36.

There was another variation as well but I agree it takes too long to rebuild now.
Plan has some merit. Premier would get P28 so its not quite as bad P36.

Huge disadvantage to finishing 8th (P21) vs 9th (P10 & P20)! But they get to play finals, so hey good luck to them.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Plan has some merit. Premier would get P28 so its not quite as bad P36.

Huge disadvantage to finishing 8th (P21) vs 9th (P10 & P20)! But they get to play finals, so hey good luck to them.

Yeah and if they do have an issue the same offer stands for them the next year.

Was there anything behind this? Looked a pretty safe bet to be an elite mid from pretty early on. Thought he'd earned a few more games than he played at the Swans, and was a bit surprised they let him go.
I think it was just a fact of who was ahead of him in the Swans midfield at that time. But it sure created a lot of supporter confusion.

For example, the Swans team around the Mitchell 64 possession NEAFL game consisted of a midfield of Josh Kennedy, McVeigh, KJack, Cunningham, Rampe (on a wing), and Hannebery and Bird on the bench. The Swans didn't really blood many young players at that stage. They had too many senior mids doing the job.

Mitchell and Longmire were reported to not get along. Mostly from what I can understand, because Longmire wanted Mitchell to work on his deficiencies in the twos, not just get gifted games ahead of senior players. Mitchell obviously thought he was ready.

Then there was a money question. Hawks could afford to through more money and midfield time at Mitchell than the Swans at that stage.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
So going to the game tonight last time i got kicked out for too many Hores. Guess whos Collingwoods FF thats right its Cox so ill have fun with that hopefully he has a blinder and Pies are up at some point so the Wet Toast fans are crying like lil bitches again

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nick maxwell was a premiership captain and all Australian and a great leader of his team nobody was giving up a top ten pick for him, if you can’t get a player for what he’s worth walk away.

Nick Maxwell had a soul patch. No one would have given up a 4th round pick for him.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

But I thought draft picks were shithouse??

Putting it out there, on form I think we drop to 17th. We keep losing players, and now we're losing them as end-of-season hits as opposed to just 3-4 weekers. Carlton have hit some form.

That said, if we do we will probably be the best 17th-placed team in a while - six, possibly even seven wins for the year. Wouldn't complain about pick 2 in that context.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Alan Richardson has been sacked.

Glad it happened this week so they get the rebound win out of the way before they play us...

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Quit before he was pushed it would seem.

Get him to the dees as senior assistant . fu** getting that school boy Bolton
Do we want either?

I mean bolton is a steer clear at all costs, richo isnt much better.

Last edited:

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I don’t mind the concept to allow teams to build quicker. There could be a variation that works. Let’s face it rebuilding can take years and sometimes more than one rebuild is required.
The trading of future picks in this scenario could be a shambles though.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hardy on 6pr said a Freo player has been sanctioned and banned from playing mentioned Hogan that his injury might not be as bad and might not be reason keeping him out but also said it might be another player. So whatever maybe he just tryna put 2 n 2 together

Back