Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't happen a lot more often.

I don't remember the Bernie incident though.
He otherwise had a great game if I recall tagging Dangerfield into full sooking so he got a pass.

Preuss manned the mark on the wrong side against Carlton a few weeks back, but since it confused Matty Kreuser for a bit I was all for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
For us old timers sad to hear of the passing of Polly Farmer ,(Geelong ). A true legend of the game ,even those of us that don't follow the Cats. R.I.P
I was telling my daughter about him and his unbringing like last week cause she was asking why the tunnel(freeway) was named after the farmers. RIP big fella

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm perplexed with this Teague and Shaw appointments. What are the actual odds both sides had the best 2 coaches in waiting in the country as assistant coaches and both were chosen first time around aswell. There must be something seriously wrong with the current coaching at AFL level if 2 blokes can just walk into a new role, tell the players to play 'with freedom' then magically turn them around.
The whole thing is f’ed to me.

dee_mac

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I'm perplexed with this Teague and Shaw appointments. What are the actual odds both sides had the best 2 coaches in waiting in the country as assistant coaches and both were chosen first time around aswell. There must be something seriously wrong with the current coaching at AFL level if 2 blokes can just walk into a new role, tell the players to play 'with freedom' then magically turn them around.
I reckon we double down, appoint Chaplain as head coach and see what happens

HANDSOLO

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
I’m actually not that surprised. There are some terrible managers / coaches at AFL level look at the bloke we have. Pretty sure Rawlings could do it better

Half the people on this board could implement a better game plan

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
When St Kilda appoint ratten full time that will be 3 teams.

Although tbf he probably is the best coach outside the senior coaches

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’m surprised north didn’t formally interview anyone. I think maybe Carlton may have interviews Voss. But surely both clubs could have ran formal processes. I feel like people power won out as they had some results in the board.
Shaw has a tougher job as Teague has a decent list to work with. Teague though put the like of Murphy and Curnow back in the middle. Whereas Bolton was putting time into SPS Fisher etc. both coaches have some work to do. But yeah I’m surprised at the appointments without process.

ponsdale

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Top Bottom