MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Again another reason the sport is broken, Dustin Martin elbows someone 100m off the ball. 1 week
Luke McDonald goes for a spoil but takes some ear. 1 week.

Reading a post that Silvani should be traded to escape the expectations and so Carlton get something, and i think it's a good idea. But Bolton would not survive the Carlton faithful if his staff traded a Silvani
The guy running his recruiting is Steven Silvagni, so it wouldn't really be Bolton

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Topkent Approves of this. He'll kill it down back if he wants to. But i guess he can kill it anywhere on the ground if he actually wants to
He will get his s**t together one day and will kill it. Or not, but I think he has the talent and will kill it.

Even if he does though, anyone claiming we should have hung onto him is wrong. Once he indicated an interest in moving, he was gone either the easy way or the hard way so you may as well jump off the cliff and get some currency for filling a need (I’m still hoping that May stops being unfit or injured or whatever and brings that element that stops our defence being a comedy routine)

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Imagine being a key forward at one club then deciding to leave to only then be used as a midfield/forward then getting pushed back to CHB.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Imagine being a key forward at one club then deciding to leave to only then be used as a midfield/forward then getting pushed back to CHB.
To be fair, it's taken Fremantle only 4 rounds to find out Hogan's best position where we had him for 4 or 5 years and couldn't figure it out.

I think it will be the making of him like Darcy Moore or Michael Hurley. These blokes whinge and whine their way around the F50, then enjoy the lack of pressure to kick goals by being in the defensive 50 and find life much easier. I think Hogan will excel at CHB. Great tank and instead of contested marking being a priority(which he was never great at), all he has to do is kill the contest with a spoil.

I do find it amusing though that Freo finally land their big fish key forward, and end up playing him as a defender after a month..

I know what Shaw was trying to say by trading Buddy but this is what it sounds like to me

"Collingwood great Tony Shaw suggests Sydney trades Buddy to Collingwood"

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
What am I missing about this buddy prediction?
Why the * would Collingwood pay his million a year when he's 31. He's not the player he was by any stretch.
Take on his money and you lose Moore or someone like that for sure. Not only that but De Goey has to get out of the forward line because that space is Buddy's now. It's one of the all time dumbest suggestions

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
What am I missing about this buddy prediction?
Why the **** would Collingwood pay his million a year when he's 31. He's not the player he was by any stretch.
Take on his money and you lose Moore or someone like that for sure. Not only that but De Goey has to get out of the forward line because that space is Buddy's now. It's one of the all time dumbest suggestions
To be fair, Shaw didn't actually suggest Collingwood get him. He just suggested Sydney try and trade him out for draft picks.

It's still daft though

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Who would have guessed that by highlighting every racist post, that people would start posting more racist s**t?

Morons.

Who would have guessed that by highlighting every racist post, that people would start posting more racist s**t?

Morons.
Media don't care, outrage generates clicks. I actually heard about an interesting study that looked at how different emotional reactions to media correlated with how likely people were to share it. The study basically concluded that if media made people angry it was spread and shared far more than for any other emotional reaction.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
What about that stupid campaigner Browne gets called out talking s**t by JR8 then tries doubling down on it. How can he even back up his claims if said player is yet to have the scans. * i hate these poxy media campaigners this whole must be first over being right is a s**t way of doing it. Also love how every page has to have BREAKING before it, even though you seen it hours earlier

What about that stupid campaigner Browne gets called out talking s**t by JR8 then tries doubling down on it. How can he even back up his claims if said player is yet to have the scans. **** i hate these poxy media campaigners this whole must be first over being right is a s**t way of doing it. Also love how every page has to have BREAKING before it, even though you seen it hours earlier
I'm actually really glad watching these journos get called out recently. Barrett and Brown most recently

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The players should do a half an hour TV show on fox an just call out bullshit media stories. Would watch.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
The players should do a half an hour TV show on fox an just call out bullshit media stories. Would watch.
* it have it in the footy show slot and id watch it could even have players spread different rumours to different 'reporters' under fake profiles and see how many get up then call them out on their 'sources'

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I was having a think about the idiots who thrash umpires every single weekend and not the absurd rules they are expected to follow
Take tackling as an example and just comprehend what a neutral umpires has to adjudicate

So a player lays a tackle

Was it high?
Was it low?
If it was high did they duck?
Is it in the back?
Was it too aggressive?
Were they holding them too early?
Did they hold them too late?
Did they have prior?
If they had prior did they make an attempt
If they didnt have prior they dont need to make an attempt
Was it a throw?
Its ok to throw if they didnt have prior
But its not ok to miss an attempted handball
A bounce is against the rules
But you can drop it cold

That all happens in like 2 seconds, then another tackle is laid.

What the actual * do people expect to happen. In any tackle half of those problem happen, the umpires has to choose to enforce on of those at some point in the chain. No matter what they are ignoring other free kicks. Its an insanely stupidly hard task they have atm

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was having a think about the idiots who thrash umpires every single weekend and not the absurd rules they are expected to follow
Take tackling as an example and just comprehend what a neutral umpires has to adjudicate

So a player lays a tackle

Was it high?
Was it low?
If it was high did they duck?
Is it in the back?
Was it too aggressive?
Were they holding them too early?
Did they hold them too late?
Did they have prior?
If they had prior did they make an attempt
If they didnt have prior they dont need to make an attempt
Was it a throw?
Its ok to throw if they didnt have prior
But its not ok to miss an attempted handball
A bounce is against the rules
But you can drop it cold

That all happens in like 2 seconds, then another tackle is laid.

What the actual **** do people expect to happen. In any tackle half of those problem happen, the umpires has to choose to enforce on of those at some point in the chain. No matter what they are ignoring other free kicks. Its an insanely stupidly hard task they have atm
******* cant stand campaigners who complain about umpiring its a piss poor mentality. Love how poor Ablett and Pendlebury has been getting thrown round. but the blokes who work part time and have the hardest job in the the game can get ****ed they deserve to get booed. We'll be winning the count yet some want to blame umpiring for us letting opp kick 6 straight. No sweethearts we are just rubbish how about just blaming our players

Back