MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was having a think about the idiots who thrash umpires every single weekend and not the absurd rules they are expected to follow
Take tackling as an example and just comprehend what a neutral umpires has to adjudicate

So a player lays a tackle

Was it high?
Was it low?
If it was high did they duck?
Is it in the back?
Was it too aggressive?
Were they holding them too early?
Did they hold them too late?
Did they have prior?
If they had prior did they make an attempt
If they didnt have prior they dont need to make an attempt
Was it a throw?
Its ok to throw if they didnt have prior
But its not ok to miss an attempted handball
A bounce is against the rules
But you can drop it cold

That all happens in like 2 seconds, then another tackle is laid.

What the actual **** do people expect to happen. In any tackle half of those problem happen, the umpires has to choose to enforce on of those at some point in the chain. No matter what they are ignoring other free kicks. Its an insanely stupidly hard task they have atm

This is what I hate too. Yes bad calls are frustrating but it’s the AFLs fault for training them this way.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don't get alot of Perth news in Canada mate. Why didn't one of the WA clubs take him then?
Pretty sure both clubs are chocka block in the forward line can say the same about Tim Kelly who had been killing it for ages in the WAFL. Or most clubs who dont pick up players right under their noses

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Pretty sure both clubs are chocka block in the forward line can say the same about Tim Kelly who had been killing it for ages in the WAFL. Or most clubs who dont pick up players right under their noses

Saints got him at 47 and we took Sparrow and ******* Jordan

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was having a think about the idiots who thrash umpires every single weekend and not the absurd rules they are expected to follow
Take tackling as an example and just comprehend what a neutral umpires has to adjudicate

So a player lays a tackle

Was it high?
Was it low?
If it was high did they duck?
Is it in the back?
Was it too aggressive?
Were they holding them too early?
Did they hold them too late?
Did they have prior?
If they had prior did they make an attempt
If they didnt have prior they dont need to make an attempt
Was it a throw?
Its ok to throw if they didnt have prior
But its not ok to miss an attempted handball
A bounce is against the rules
But you can drop it cold

That all happens in like 2 seconds, then another tackle is laid.

What the actual **** do people expect to happen. In any tackle half of those problem happen, the umpires has to choose to enforce on of those at some point in the chain. No matter what they are ignoring other free kicks. Its an insanely stupidly hard task they have atm

Umpires are the lowest of the low. They deserve everything they get and even more of what they didn't get but should have.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
My favourite was BT about Ben Reid ... "If he's playing like this, and he is" ... This guy gets paid to do this job.

BT is good on radio, it's the producers of channel 7 who must be telling them to act like *******s. They all talk weird and slow and say really dumb s**t. They aren't allowed to encourage any physical play or violence and seem to wanna tell us what we should enjoy rather than commentating it.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
BT is good on radio, it's the producers of channel 7 who must be telling them to act like *******s. They all talk weird and slow and say really dumb ****. They aren't allowed to encourage any physical play or violence and seem to wanna tell us what we should enjoy rather than commentating it.
Having to endure him on tv means that if I hear his voice on radio, I'll switch channels

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Having to endure him on tv means that if I hear his voice on radio, I'll switch channels

Fair enough. Night and day on MMM, much more footy focused. Channel 7 clearly asked him to build his brand and personality or whatever the *

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I know his time at the club was during an awful period but hearing Lyndon Dunn say on the radio say that while he loves the Dees he wishes he came across to Collingwood 10 years earlier is a bit of a slap in the face considering he played over 150 games for us & about 30 for the Pies.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I know his time at the club was during an awful period but hearing Lyndon Dunn say on the radio say that while he loves the Dees he wishes he came across to Collingwood 10 years earlier is a bit of a slap in the face considering he played over 150 games for us & about 30 for the Pies.

Do you blame him? Never played a final, never had more wins than losses in a season. Big crowds vs small etc

I'm surprised more players haven't jumped ship especially with his piss weak mentally they are now

Given he played dogshit footy for his first eight years, it’s a little rich and pretty unnecessary. A club as good as the Pies between 07-12, the years Dunn was lost and couldn’t lock down a position, would have delisted him

Back