MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Could argue the coaches are part of the problem.

Could you? Please do. Some coaches are better than others, but setting your team up as you see fit is part of the gig.

Like some teams parking the bus against much better opposition in football, sometimes these negative tactics pay off. I'm glad football doesn't try to force "entertainment" into the game by introducing netball style zones or some other such gimmick. Let the tactical battle play out.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Could you? Please do. Some coaches are better than others, but setting your team up as you see fit is part of the gig.

Like some teams parking the bus against much better opposition in football, sometimes these negative tactics pay off. I'm glad football doesn't try to force "entertainment" into the game by introducing netball style zones or some other such gimmick. Let the tactical battle play out.

It's hilarious when teams score a 90th minute winner after parking the bus all day from a corner and the manager is hailed as a tactical genius, yet if they had been scored against on the counter from the same corner it was a poor managerial performance.

Playing on the counter is fine if you have some plan of attack. We should have been banned from the next WC such was the s**t performance of our last one. I'm not sure we even created a single chance from open play.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's hilarious when teams score a 90th minute winner after parking the bus all day from a corner and the manager is hailed as a tactical genius, yet if they had been scored against on the counter from the same corner it was a poor managerial performance.

Playing on the counter is fine if you have some plan of attack. We should have been banned from the next WC such was the **** performance of our last one. I'm not sure we even created a single chance from open play.

The press waxing hyperbolic about everything is one of the shining constants in sport.

Looking forward to rolling Timmy Cahill out in a wheelchair in 2022. The cupboard is pretty bare.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The press waxing hyperbolic about everything is one of the shining constants in sport.

Looking forward to rolling Timmy Cahill out in a wheelchair in 2022. The cupboard is pretty bare.
He probably could wheel himself into more dangerous spots than the s**t we call strikers

How long until we have a mid season trade period? Don't see the harm in it, as long as the players get confirmation rights. Lots of guys sitting in the seconds at clubs that could be used at cellar dwellers like Carlton.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
How long until we have a mid season trade period? Don't see the harm in it, as long as the players get confirmation rights. Lots of guys sitting in the seconds at clubs that could be used at cellar dwellers like Carlton.
Would rather just a loan system for the reason you said for ya players not getting a game. Most players wont want to get up and move mid season unless it was in there state. would players start being on 6month contracts now? Dont reckon it works for how much the s**t players get paid to expect em to move around plus barely any stars are gonna move during the season unless its from a s**t team to a premiership fancy which is terrible for the fans of the s**t team

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
If he doesn't end up elsewhere as a senior coach, I'd be keen for him to come to us as an assistant.
It makes sense and I know Topkent will go for it - but he is deeply annoying and I really think this should be given the necessary weighting in the cons column

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
If he doesn't end up elsewhere as a senior coach, I'd be keen for him to come to us as an assistant.
I think he will be at the blues soon, not a bad coach and Carlton list has some good young players, he will have plenty of time to build a team

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I think he will be at the blues soon, not a bad coach and Carlton list has some good young players, he will have plenty of time to build a team
There is wayyy more talent on the blues list than ever at North and if there is one thing Scott's teams have been it's competitive (up until this year)

I reckon give him 2 years and they'll be in and around the 8 and then you can look for a finisher coach..

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Yeah probably ... tho I'm not sure a "not a bad coach" is going to wash that well for the Carlton faithful, but at the same time, a rookie coach wouldn't either, and short of going back to Ratten, I'm not sure they've got many better options available.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Yeah probably ... tho I'm not sure a "not a bad coach" is going to wash that well for the Carlton faithful, but at the same time, a rookie coach wouldn't either, and short of going back to Ratten, I'm not sure they've got many better options available.
The Carlton faithful are literally their downfall. The brought in Bolts (reluctantly- and under different conditions to any other senior coach in the universe) but otherwise they want their senior men to be Carlton men like Judd, Walls, SOS etc. almost like their selection process allows input from their undeniably wealthy coteries. Until they start making their appointment decisions on current day merit - without regard to whether the bloke was a legit Carlton legend - the are and will remain ****ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that what they said when Pagen rocked up?

Isn't that what they said when Pagen rocked up?
Was slightly hamstrung by those penalties, and his best player being a 37-year old Craig Bradley

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So funny watching Carlon still fawn over SOS and his crap son that plays for them - its amateur hour over there and if they got the chance they'd probably try and hire Juddy as head coach

Would rather just a loan system for the reason you said for ya players not getting a game. Most players wont want to get up and move mid season unless it was in there state. would players start being on 6month contracts now? Dont reckon it works for how much the **** players get paid to expect em to move around plus barely any stars are gonna move during the season unless its from a **** team to a premiership fancy which is terrible for the fans of the **** team
I agree to an extent, but also it's not like the EPL where you can forcibly trade or loan someone. They only have to change clubs if they agree to it.

I agree to an extent, but also it's not like the EPL where you can forcibly trade or loan someone. They only have to change clubs if they agree to it.
You can't forcibly sell someone in the EPL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back